This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve Grocott

Block stabilise
« on: September 28, 2020, 01:10:19 pm »
Hey everyone,

Wondering whether block is stable Enough for cars without re-sanding: As can’t always resand straight away because of wet ground?
Cheers for any advice.

Jim Barrett

Re: Block stabilise
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 05:45:52 pm »
The end of our cul-de-sac was cleaned around 4 years ago and NOT resanded after.

It’s only now starting to show signs of movement and in areas of heavy traffic ( mainly where vehicles turn)

Although not recommended, I would imagine it’s ok for a short time. I’m not experienced in the field at all at the moment but that’s my first hand experience.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 06:25:02 pm »
Cleaning will remove about 5mm of joint sand (if the sets have been laid correctly) this is not enough to allow movement. I’ve done jobs and not re-sanded without any subsequent problems.

But I would always re-sand as part of the job
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

waterforce

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 09:48:17 pm »
"Generally" a well laid drive will not move , however it should always be resanded as its part of the integrity of the drive.

Paul79

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 09:34:42 pm »
Not for cars or an area where vehicles will park or drive on it. You can get away with a path or a backyard where there is little human traffic on it (although I would re-sand them too but that depends on the customer), but for cars it needs to be re-sanded or it will in time cause problems to the stability of the bricks.