Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mjm

putting machine in garden
« on: September 23, 2020, 08:17:19 pm »
iam going to have to put machine in garden front or back and feed hose through window i dont see this been done by anyoune else however iam mainly terreced houses  and people at home working dont want machine inside 
does anyone do this regulaly or done this before what cover are you using is it a bbq cover

Robin Ray

Re: putting machine in garden
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 04:19:26 pm »
When I use a portable i always keep it outside (where possible). It keeps all the noise outside, it keeps all the moisture laden air outside along with the smells. It also keeps all the bulky equipment outside, which means less to keep moving about. Also when filling any spills are outside.

Neil Worsnop

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 05:47:57 pm »
If you can I'd run the hose through the door and if needed put a wedge, or 5l container of water, behind the door to keep it shut if cold weather or security is a concern.

I have run hoses through upstairs windows plenty of times.  Just be sure to use lots of dustsheets to protect the window edges, sills and radiators.  I use an old climbing rope to lower and raise the hoses gently.  A bit of pipe lagging round a QC will stop it whacking the glass.

M.J.M

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 06:07:21 pm »
If you can I'd run the hose through the door and if needed put a wedge, or 5l container of water, behind the door to keep it shut if cold weather or security is a concern.

I have run hoses through upstairs windows plenty of times.  Just be sure to use lots of dustsheets to protect the window edges, sills and radiators.  I use an old climbing rope to lower and raise the hoses gently.  A bit of pipe lagging round a QC will stop it whacking the glass.
[/quote

Neil

Do you use a cover over machine if so what type.   

Neil Worsnop

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 10:41:16 am »
I had an old BBQ cover that I found in my garden after a stormy night but that fell apart.  Now I have a rubber backed doormat which I use to protect the vans back bumper when loading/unloading my extractor.  I just put that rubber side up over the switches if it is tipping it down.  Light rain I don't bother.

M.J.M

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 12:22:21 pm »
I had an old BBQ cover that I found in my garden after a stormy night but that fell apart.  Now I have a rubber backed doormat which I use to protect the vans back bumper when loading/unloading my extractor.  I just put that rubber side up over the switches if it is tipping it down.  Light rain I don't bother.
Alright

Cheers

Adrian Marsh

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2020, 09:59:14 am »
iam going to have to put machine in garden front or back and feed hose through window i dont see this been done by anyoune else however iam mainly terreced houses  and people at home working dont want machine inside 
does anyone do this regulaly or done this before what cover are you using is it a bbq cover

Only times machine goes inside a building is if I'm doing a flat (bit difficult running a hose to the tenth floor ;)) or a restaurant within a shopping complex, other than that it stays outside. The only parts of your machine you need to protect from the weather are the electrics. If you're using a BBQ cover there is the chance the motors can overheat due to insufficient air flow.

M.J.M

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2020, 02:11:39 pm »

Only times machine goes inside a building is if I'm doing a flat (bit difficult running a hose to the tenth floor ;)) or a restaurant within a shopping complex, other than that it stays outside. The only parts of your machine you need to protect from the weather are the electrics. If you're using a BBQ cover there is the chance the motors can overheat due to insufficient air flow.

Thanks