Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jo5hm4n

Decent Waterproofs
« on: September 24, 2020, 11:27:51 am »
My Employee said he wants some decent waterproofs for a change as opposed to the cheap tat i buy for him.

Can someone link or give me some names for decent waterproof jackets that do the job please.

Thanks guys.

SB Cleaning

Re: Decent Waterproofs
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 12:16:09 pm »
Tell the cheeky git to buy his own if he aint happy with the ones you buy him :D

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 12:38:21 pm »
Tell the cheeky git to buy his own if he aint happy with the ones you buy him :D

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Comfortably Numb!

jo5hm4n

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 10:42:07 am »

No honestly i buy him the cheapest poope off amazon its like a waterproof coat for £12!

Hes definitely in the right here.......

alank

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 11:00:01 am »
Let him choose his own. Its him who has to use them for work and we all have different preferences when it comes to what we feel comfortable working in.

simon w

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 11:34:44 am »
Hi Viz waterproofs from Arco with web address on his back. I don't Go for non standard clothing coats or waterproofs, it all has to be part of our company uniform with logos. Shoes are all they need to supply

NWH

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2020, 01:29:14 pm »
Buy him the 12 quid stuff and then when you take yours out the bag make sure he sees that it’s the 200 quid North Face  version of his 🤣🤣🤣,the joys of employees lol.

NWH

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2020, 01:30:40 pm »
I but you make him use the cheapest ionic pole too 🤣🤣

SB Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2020, 02:48:02 pm »
Brodex allys

NWH

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2020, 04:03:42 pm »
Imo all work gear should provided the only thing they should be wearing that is theres is  underwear and  thermals If needed  and sensible footwear.

jo5hm4n

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2020, 06:33:16 pm »

The only time ive been a cheapskate is literally with waterproofs.  Everything else i give him is top quality just never bought expensive waterproofs, ive only ever used cheap ones myself and it does the job, kind of.

I need to look into buying decent waterproofs though.

NWH

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2020, 07:00:39 pm »
If you are going to buy anything that will keep you properly dry you need to spend a fair amount of money,full Gortex jacket and trousers to be honest if it’s that wet I wouldn’t work anyway unless it’s a weatherboard clean etc.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2020, 11:56:42 pm »
If anyone turned up at my house to clean the windows in monsoon conditions resembling a trawler man, he would soon be sent on his way....with his pole tucked firmly between his legs!

G Griffin

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2020, 08:27:53 am »
I wouldn't be buying him decent waterproofs.
Either what KS says or provide him with replacement warm and dry clothing- as and when needed- and somewhere to get changed.
Maybe even showering facilities. I would say a bath with candles and decent towels but I realise that there is a pandemic going on. 
Up the workers!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NWH

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2020, 11:45:09 am »
If I knew I had someone that was gonna be earning me a decent percentage each week I’d look after him,what’s a few hundred quid on top waterproofs for them when they are earning you money I wouldn’t want anyone to recent me over a few quid.

jo5hm4n

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2020, 01:46:20 pm »
Exactly thats the whole point of the post.  I will get him some decent waterproofs.  I used to get him cheap waterproofs not anymore.

I'm not getting into a working in heavy rain debate, we work in all weathers end of, customers get it, they accept it, the few that dont get  a free pass.

I'll look up Gortex then thanks for that.

G Griffin

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2020, 01:51:17 pm »
Exactly thats the whole point of the post.  I will get him some decent waterproofs.  I used to get him cheap waterproofs not anymore.

I'm not getting into a working in heavy rain debate, we work in all weathers end of, customers get it, they accept it, the few that dont get  a free pass.

I'll look up Gortex then thanks for that.
He might need a few sets if you work in heavy rain. And somewhere to get changed. And somewhere to get warm.
 ;D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NWH

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2020, 02:52:41 pm »
The least you can do if you expect someone to work in persistent rain is provide the right clothing if they keep going home chilled to the bone how long do you think they’ll last,a brimmed waterproof hat is good also it stops the water running down the back of the jacket collar.

NWH

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2020, 08:07:53 pm »
I’ve got much the same as those trousers only mine are North Face.

dazmond

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2020, 07:59:56 am »
I have 3 goretex jackets for work and a sailing jacket for heavy seas....😄👍........

One jacket is never enough if its wet all day....you need one for morning and one for afternoon after lunch.....

Even the goretex jackets get too wet after a while so you need a fresh dry one to keep you working....

As for trousers....I wear the £40 hiking ones from decathlon...they keep me fairly dry.....
price higher/work harder!

Oban pidgeon

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2020, 07:00:16 pm »
The only waterproofs I've ever found to actually stay waterproof over time has been north face or berghaus. North face abit expensive for an employee tho so go with berghaus as they are very good value.
If you can get gore-trx then better but watch out for cheap brand with gore-tex, it's not the same and doesn't last

NWH

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2020, 07:13:12 pm »
Get what you pay for I’ve tried em all you are better off working in wet weather with a brimmed hat though or it defeats the object and you get water running down you’re neck,it only has to do me for if I’m caught in the raining when working until I get to finish that particular job I only work in it on certain jobs like roof cleans and weatherboard was downs etc.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2020, 10:23:09 pm »
Look for something online with a waterproof rating of EN 343. That’s what we did.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2020, 04:14:26 pm »
we work all weathers too

this is what i got my guys last year

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15958613/peter-storm-men-s-pennine-jacket-15958613

in the past i have offered them a payment towards waterproofs for the same amount and they can choose their own so long as its black

i get mine to buy their own waterproof trousers tho, as they get ripped to shreds all the time

R
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

deeege

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2020, 04:06:43 am »
we work all weathers too

this is what i got my guys last year

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15958613/peter-storm-men-s-pennine-jacket-15958613

in the past i have offered them a payment towards waterproofs for the same amount and they can choose their own so long as its black

i get mine to buy their own waterproof trousers tho, as they get ripped to shreds all the time

R

Poor fellas will be soaked to the bone in all but the lightest of rain.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Dave Willis

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2020, 03:49:38 pm »

My employee today.

Yada Yada Yada - www.m-clean.uk

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2020, 03:30:21 pm »
Just posted this in the General Cleaning section -

Gotten soaked in the last month about 3 times, to the skin, wring your pants out, miserable, cold and I don't need this s**t.

Waterproofs were good but it seems to be getting wetter, raining for longer and harder.

All 3 times it has been constant, non stop, whole shift.

So I got some Vass, bib & braces -

https://www.veals.co.uk/acatalog/Vass-Tex-175-Breathable-Lightweight-team-vass-edition-Bib-and-Brace-4639.html#SID=407.

Little bit warm & thy don't breathe too well but they keep you clean & not wet through.

Needed a jacket but wasn't going for the Vass one, would have been sweaty.

So ordered a - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trespass-Oswalt-Jacket-Black-Large/dp/B01LZFP7RZ/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=waterproof%2B20000%2Bmens%2Bjackets&qid=1602661666&sr=8-5&th=1

On Wednesday it was horrible weather in Cardiff, on the 135 cleaning the sign & wall on the Tesco store.

It never stopped.

Jacket on, harness on (so pressure points), hard hat on, up I went and worked from 2 till 10pm cleaned two signs and a wall (see photos in 'What have you cleaned')

Forensic on purchases I wanted Goretex quality without the price tag.

Started reading about the highest rating of HH (hydrostatic head), how much a set column of water will a fabric  keep out over a given period.

Top end Event fabric - 30 000mm of HH

Goretex 28 000mm of HH

This Trespass Oswalt 20 000mm of HH

Got to be worth a bash at £100.00 or thereabouts.

Finished at ten, packed away gear, disassembled the chapter 8's and moved the 135. Finished at midnight, still raining.

Took it off, dry, a little bit of damp but not wet, under the circumstances the 'breathable' bit of the jacket blurb I'll forgive.

Ordered  the over-trousers for less wet days - don't bother.

They look like bell bottoms from the 70's.

Get this jacket!

Dave Willis

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2020, 10:20:00 am »
I’m currently modelling the Keela Genesis waterproof fleece just shy of £100
Dissapointed with it’s thermal properties after my normal Buffalo jacket but seems waterproof so far.

NWH

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2020, 10:21:33 am »
The best possible waterproofs you will get are made by Citroen or some other french car maker.

Dave Willis

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2020, 12:12:03 pm »
Well I wouldn’t go for overpriced Berghaus

Dave Willis

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2020, 12:15:08 pm »
If you tap ‘Navy foul weather jacket’ into Google there are some bargains to be had there!

DeLuce

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2020, 07:19:49 pm »
I usually get Haglöfs gear. It’s good quality and lasts ages. It can be pricey though, you need to shop around.
 Recently I’ve bought some Englegert-Strauss trousers and jacket. Fully waterproof but not goretex.  They are very good and have well  placed pockets  for all your gear. Not too pricey.
The downside is , not being goretex, you can sweat a bit in them, but not too bad in the winter.