This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SPF01

Looking to buy a van.
« on: September 22, 2020, 07:52:00 pm »
Orite guys. Is anyone selling a window cleaner van? Berlingo, Caddy, Partner etc.
Ideally low mileage, 1.6 or above, 90 BHP. I'm happy to pay cash.

Spruce

Re: Looking to buy a van.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 11:01:52 am »
Orite guys. Is anyone selling a window cleaner van? Berlingo, Caddy, Partner etc.

Bailey's systems in Sheffield usually have used vans with their fitted systems for sale
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 01:50:31 pm »

Bailey's systems in Sheffield usually have used vans with their fitted systems for sale

Pricey though, VAT on top and you usually overpay for the van and system. Been looking them last month.

Ched

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 02:09:34 pm »

Pricey though, VAT on top and you usually overpay for the van and system. Been looking them last month.
Looking at Bailey's installs I'm not a fan. OK so they are one of the only companies that sell ready to go vans but some of their installs are not great.  If you look at the location of the pump filter they seem to be in a location that's not easy to access. i.e. if they put it next to the pump it would be fine but they put it sort of on the corner so it's neither perfect for access via a side door or rear of van. I have seen photos of van insals with swarf still next to the tank frame from drilling the floor. If they have left the swarf there is there any under the tank. It's just attention to details that seem lacking. Just look at  the photos they put on ebay, they don't seem to care if they are the right way up or not. They also don't specify tank sizes, warranty etc.
All that said they don't really have any competition on ready to go systems.

Stoots

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 04:25:41 pm »

Looking at Bailey's installs I'm not a fan. OK so they are one of the only companies that sell ready to go vans but some of their installs are not great.  If you look at the location of the pump filter they seem to be in a location that's not easy to access. i.e. if they put it next to the pump it would be fine but they put it sort of on the corner so it's neither perfect for access via a side door or rear of van. I have seen photos of van insals with swarf still next to the tank frame from drilling the floor. If they have left the swarf there is there any under the tank. It's just attention to details that seem lacking. Just look at  the photos they put on ebay, they don't seem to care if they are the right way up or not. They also don't specify tank sizes, warranty etc.
All that said they don't really have any competition on ready to go systems.

They are just D.I.Y installed tanks, pumps etc at the end of the day.

Not that there is anything wrong with that but they are not "fancy" systems like ionics, grippa, xline etc etc.

Better off buying a VAT free van and doing the install yourself, you`ll likely save a couple of grand.