This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Gringo

Re: Raising prices
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2020, 03:45:50 pm »
So those who haven't raised prices in 10 years you could be earning nearly 30% more per year if you had, scarey eh!!!

NWH

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2020, 04:05:48 pm »
Lol no I wouldn’t say that was always the case tbh it’s weird how some customers think they’ll pay you £95 for ages but as soon as it gets to 3 figures they all of a sudden look at it differently,other cleaners have said to me since I stuck it up a fiver that jobs gone from 6 weeks to 12.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2020, 09:07:34 am »
So those who haven't raised prices in 10 years you could be earning nearly 30% more per year if you had, scarey eh!!!

but worse than that even because costs have gone up... so profit margins will be even more drastically hit

and then you can find yourself in a bind where if you want to exit... the work isn't worth a lot because its low profit :(

iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

H2GoKent

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2020, 03:44:27 pm »
Lol no I wouldn’t say that was always the case tbh it’s weird how some customers think they’ll pay you £95 for ages but as soon as it gets to 3 figures they all of a sudden look at it differently,other cleaners have said to me since I stuck it up a fiver that jobs gone from 6 weeks to 12.

I've had something like that happen, it's a bit like the 99p thing in shops, where £9.99 seems a lot less than £10.00 not sure what if anything you can do, lay the ground a month or two in advance maybe?
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

tlwcs

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2020, 05:35:27 pm »
I had one who wouldn’t let the increase go above £20. (It had been £18 for 8years.)He said that was his magic figure.
I told him he needed to increase his magic figure.
He wouldn’t, I never went back!
I learnt little and often

NWH

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2020, 05:56:41 pm »

I've had something like that happen, it's a bit like the 99p thing in shops, where £9.99 seems a lot less than £10.00 not sure what if anything you can do, lay the ground a month or two in advance maybe?
Yeah it’s true it happens that’s why when people say you need to put prices up regularly yes I agree you do but like most things in this job and life in general you need to use you’re loaf from time to time,£5 is nothing but when you stick it on the end of £95 it puts a different perspective on it.
For years they pay 95 but just 5 could lose a job or keep a job,what difference does £5 make if you can earn the 95 in an hour or so.
If we are talking about raising prices on a more regular basis I would only do that if I had small paying jobs that’s where you can get left behind on not putting them up,100+ jobs that are done in little time you ain’t ever gonna lose much on them by leaving them the same for even 5 years or so.

G Griffin

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2020, 06:19:00 pm »
I did a load last month , no issues. Mass redundancies... really? There is usually around 1.5 million unemployed people in the uk. This is possibly going to go up to 2.3 million , now then , do you really think the whole 800,000 extra unemployed are going to be ALL in your town?
There is around 49000 towns in the uk , that equates to about 17 more unemployed people per town.

Put your prices up . 👍
Shrek there are around 3 million people unemployed in the UK at this moment time and a further 9 million who are still on furlough many of which wont have a job to go back to, add to that all the school leavers and so on who will be looking for jobs that no longer exist, economists talking on the news yesterday said we are heading for a depression of biblical proportions, the mass redundancies have yet to come.
You need to check your figures. Again.
There were 3 million unemployed in the '80's!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Shrek

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2020, 07:05:29 pm »
I did a load last month , no issues. Mass redundancies... really? There is usually around 1.5 million unemployed people in the uk. This is possibly going to go up to 2.3 million , now then , do you really think the whole 800,000 extra unemployed are going to be ALL in your town?
There is around 49000 towns in the uk , that equates to about 17 more unemployed people per town.

Put your prices up . 👍
Shrek there are around 3 million people unemployed in the UK at this moment time and a further 9 million who are still on furlough many of which wont have a job to go back to, add to that all the school leavers and so on who will be looking for jobs that no longer exist, economists talking on the news yesterday said we are heading for a depression of biblical proportions, the mass redundancies have yet to come.

Upto August, the unemployment figure rose to 2.7 million in the uk.

G Griffin

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2020, 07:29:14 pm »
So Dry Clean does need to check his figures? Again.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Dry Clean

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2020, 08:48:02 am »

Put your prices up . 👍
Shrek this was cut from part of a BBC report, feel free to check it out.

How many people are unemployed?
The most widely used measure is the unemployment rate. It counts how many people want a job and are able to work, but can't find one.

The most recent unemployment rate - for May to July - is 4.1%, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).

That's a slight increase from the previous figure of 3.9%, but still close to the lowest it has ever been.

However, this number is always based on surveys taken in previous months and is not right up to date.

Another more current measure of unemployment suggests that the real picture might be worse. The claimant count measures how many people are claiming benefits for being out of work, or on very low incomes.

Between March, when the lockdown began, and August, the number of people claiming these benefits rose 120% to 2.7 million.

Dry Clean

« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2020, 09:10:56 am »
In case you guys on this part of the forum don't understand this reply, I made a fool of this idiot on the mad section and he's chomping at the bit to get his own back.😁
Not to worry I wont let his petty nonsense posts ruin the debates on this part of the forum so this will be my last reply to them on the window cleaning section.

G Griffin

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2020, 09:20:27 am »
In case you guys on this part of the forum don't understand this reply, I made a fool of this idiot on the mad section and he's chomping at the bit to get his own back.😁
Not to worry I wont let his petty nonsense posts ruin the debates on this part of the forum so this will be my last reply to them on the window cleaning section.
You were 10% out with your figure. How is that nonsense?
I'm just correcting your figure like I did when you were way out with the fall in GDP during the banking crisis. You admitted that I was right then, maybe you should just do so again.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Shrek

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2020, 02:51:46 pm »

Put your prices up . 👍

Jobs will be created from the company’s that have strived through the pandemic. Internet based companies will continue to grow for starters , supermarkets etc . Business’s that have shut will create openings for new business. When index shut , Argos went huge. When toys r us shut , smyths went huge. One of my customers worked for greggs for 20 years , she was sacked at the beginning of lockdown. A new bakery has opened and is taking over the leases of the old greggs shops , my customer has just been taken on there. It’s not all doom and gloom

Aldi’s profits surge 49% this year , they’re going to be opening an extra 100 stores by then end of next year...... you see , I know my stuff  ;D

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8780381/amp/Aldi-UK-Plan-open-100-new-UK-stores-creating-4-000-jobs-profits-surge-49-year.html

AuRavelling79

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2020, 03:32:28 pm »
Well the domestic portion of my round which was about 75% of my round is now about 90% (as two significant commercial jobs are still on hold) has grown well in lockdown.

Also 90% of my domestic customers are on pensions and so are little affected by joblosses.

I almost dread anymore commercial coming back as I have more than enough work to do. Perhaps a nice big increase will trim the herd and keep me on the same money.

Tempting if I can look'em in the eye and smile while I do it! 🤣
It's a game of three halves!