Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mjm

whats the difference
« on: September 19, 2020, 07:50:09 pm »
i am going to use my machine as a truckmount  on monday   i am feeding the machine from a pure water tank in the van  after the job i ha a couple of windows to clean   down the road with the pole

so i cant put nothing in the tank solution wise   so basically iam flushing with fresh 000  pm  water  i used to do this 7 years ago  with  hard water  and it sort of didnt  feel right 
does anyone flush with   pure water

i prey spray with   split x and orange x and  prochem deoderiser   with a hydraforce and use agitation machine 

Mike Halliday

Re: whats the difference
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 07:21:50 am »
I’ve used R/O water for about 3yrs I don’t see A noticeable difference in the cleaning result, I mainly do it because It offers some marketing And other benefits.

This is a screenshot off my website

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

M.J.M

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 08:44:42 am »
Great answer that Mike. Just what I wanted ,👍

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 05:12:30 pm »
There are a whole host of cleaners that follow and use a certain company's products that people do not like me to  mention on here.
We use presprays, agitate and rinse usually with cold fresh water, maybe with a bit of acid rinse for wool.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

M.J.M

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2020, 05:24:17 pm »
There are a whole host of cleaners that follow and use a certain company's products that people do not like me to  mention on here.
We use presprays, agitate and rinse usually with cold fresh water, maybe with a bit of acid rinse for wool.
That's the way iam going now I've just worked out how to do it   it's ok from the. Tank in the van but portable wise i will use 25 ltre pure barrels and put the pipe in the barrel I carry 8 of them so I have enough to cope saves me filling the tank up and I am going to see how it cleans like
I wasn't agitating years ago I just pre vacumed.  Then prey sprayed then extraction with tap water no agitation  left carpet sticky sort of
Learned  my lesson very costly lesson to be honest
Anyway thanks for reply

Robin Ray

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2020, 05:26:35 pm »
Sorry to be different, but i feel a detergent rinse makes a big difference in the results i get. There are jobs where a prespray and pure water rinse will suffice, however on the whole i feel extraction solutions give that extra edge.
The way I get round that at present is to have a 12v pump (like your window cleaning pump) fill the machines tank. I then dose the chemical in there as needed. I can leave it to auto fill as there is a valve fitted in the tank, and the pump shuts itself off when it detects a dead end. I just fill and re dose the tank using the pump next time i vac and prespray.
Of course like mike you may find a pure water rinse adequate, and wont need to bother with any of that.

M.J.M

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2020, 05:58:31 pm »
Sorry to be different, but i feel a detergent rinse make a big difference in the results i get. There are jobs where a prespray and pure water rinse will suffice, however on the whole i feel extraction solutions give that extra edge.
The way I get round that at present is to have a 12v pump (like your window cleaning pump) fill the machines tank. I then dose the chemical in there as needed. I can leave it to auto fill as there is a valve fitted in the tank, and the pump shuts itself off when it detects a dead end. I just fill and re dose the tank using the pump next time i vac and prespray.
Of course like mike you may find a pure water rinse adequate, and wont need to bother with any of that.

I know what you mean I use rinse x usually 250 ml   in 55 ltre tank is very good results
But  a fall from a ladder years back didn't help   and no operation can fix it so IAM trying to make it less on my back

I will give a wirl

john martin

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2020, 06:11:28 pm »

Dont think anyone minds them being mentioned  , its just when you challenge the effectivness and science behind it they act all abused and run off back to CT where no one can challange anything  , its a sort of north korea of cleaning discussions  ...  :D

Anyway what can you believe on CT  , for years i claimed the Jag was too flawed to consider and listed the flaws  ...  whereas you guys on CT pushed it to every newbie  for years ...     what does Nick do then  ...     removes it from sale  ... claiming it has too many issues to sell   :D    bet he thinks its a pig and always did
What can you believe on CT  ??

john martin

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2020, 06:12:43 pm »
i am going to use my machine as a truckmount  on monday   i am feeding the machine from a pure water tank in the van  after the job i ha a couple of windows to clean   down the road with the pole

so i cant put nothing in the tank solution wise   so basically iam flushing with fresh 000  pm  water  i used to do this 7 years ago  with  hard water  and it sort of didnt  feel right 

i prey spray with   split x and orange x and  prochem deoderiser   with a hydraforce and use agitation machine

You could make / buy an inline chemical injestion  .... but i believe thay are tricky to get right

Robin Ray

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2020, 06:24:41 pm »
If you do go back to using an extraction solution try Chemspec liquid F90 or Hydramaster Hydraclean for alkaline and Hydramaster  Clearwater rinse for acid rinse. Restormate also have a new acid rinse called Premier Rinse which is similar to Clearwater rinse, in that it not only neutralizes presprays but has encap and cleaning power. I plan on giving it a go when I run out of clearwater rinse. Most acid rinses don't have any actual cleaning power, only the ability to neutralize presprays.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2020, 07:08:03 pm »
You need to Remember that although I use a freshwater R/O rinse it goes through a diesel heater which means I rinse with very hot water. I would never rinse with cold water without using a detergent.

It you  pre-spray and scrub the carpet you will loosen or detach the dirt from the carpet fibres but it will be a thick,  wet  goo that is not easily rinsed from the carpet, you can talk about encapsulation of the dirt once it detached from the fibre or emulsification  of the dirt but you still Need to be aware of the viscosity of the mixture of dirt & pre-spray.  cold water will not effective overcome the bonding of this mixture to the carpet, hot water overcomes this clinginess
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

M.J.M

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2020, 07:26:24 pm »
If you do go back to using an extraction solution try Chemspec liquid F90 or Hydramaster Hydraclean for alkaline and Hydramaster  Clearwater rinse for acid rinse. Restormate also have a new acid rinse called Premier Rinse which is similar to Clearwater rinse, in that it not only neutralizes presprays but has encap and cleaning power. I plan on giving it a go when I run out of clearwater rinse. Most acid rinses don't have any actual cleaning power, only the ability to neutralize presprays.
I will try premier rinse I get my protecter of  restormate because you get good leaflets with it  thanks

M.J.M

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2020, 07:31:42 pm »
You need to Remember that although I use a freshwater R/O rinse it goes through a diesel heater which means I rinse with very hot water. I would never rinse with cold water without using a detergent.

It you  pre-spray and scrub the carpet you will loosen or detach the dirt from the carpet fibres but it will be a thick,  wet  goo that is not easily rinsed from the carpet, you can talk about encapsulation of the dirt once it detached from the fibre or emulsification  of the dirt but you still Need to be aware of the viscosity of the mixture of dirt & pre-spray.  cold water will not effective overcome the bonding of this mixture to the carpet, hot water overcomes this clinginess

I always rinse with magma heater so close to wand. 
I looked at your website   6 months ago Mike.     And I could get my head round zero resi..    I thought it was a machine you had to buy.
But you have explained  very well on your site.     Cheers for the info.

You know mark he builds my website for me    very clever bloke and very reasonable too.

M.J.M

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2020, 07:34:11 pm »

You could make / buy an inline chemical injestion  .... but i believe thay are tricky to get right

I think that's to complicated for me John
Robin ray.  Has explained something also that's complicated as well 🤔

john martin

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2020, 07:41:13 pm »

Robin Ray

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2020, 07:42:25 pm »
I will try premier rinse I get my protecter of  restormate because you get good leaflets with it  thanks
[/quote]

Don't be afraid of using an alkaline detergent, they have alot more cleaning ability than acid rinses and are fine to use on the majority of carpets. Liquid F90 is woolsafe.

M.J.M

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2020, 07:53:28 pm »

Don't be afraid of using an alkaline detergent, they have alot more cleaning ability than acid rinses and are fine to use on the majority of carpets. Liquid F90 is woolsafe.
[/quote]

Alright robin thanks.   👍

M.J.M

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2020, 07:57:10 pm »
something like this perhaps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4woFQH8raCQ

I see what you mean John but complicated  carpet machine  but what an idea someone
Must be able to simplify it   something online perhaps

john martin

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2020, 09:03:38 pm »
its fitted to alot of mytee portables  ...  you just need the valve really         

https://www.mytee.com/products/h541c-chemical-injector/

john martin

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2020, 09:06:36 pm »

john martin

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2020, 09:15:58 pm »
actually the mytee valve is probably sending it back to the water tank which wouldnt suit you , you need straight inline

M.J.M

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2020, 09:28:59 pm »
actually the mytee valve is probably sending it back to the water tank which wouldnt suit you , you need straight inline

It's like the ventura for pressure washers
But different couplers

Got it.   Iam going to stick to prespray  with hydraforce
And flush with pure for now but I may try that later.     Thanks.