This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard iSparkle

Re: It gets nauseating.
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2020, 09:33:34 am »
We are trad. We choose to be trad. We employ people. We charge a min of £3.00 per window. We have more work than we can cope with. Our lowest paid employee is on £12.50 ph. We do not criticise wfp.
Live and let live.

Like i said before, i think its a great idea to build and advertise as a trad only company at present. There is a lot of demand for it, its become a niche market almost with the influx of wfp cleaners and them giving it a bad name by doing a poor job.  Charge more for it, low overheads and i can see why its a winner. The only reason i wont do it is im terrible with heights, a step ladder is about my limit.

From a pure business sense... yeh it’s a service that people will like so charge appropriately, as it sounds you are

The only reason not to is detailed in the recent post about the poor chap in a coma after falling off his ladder

Your providing a service that risks your long term health. My wife’s a physiotherapist and sees about 1 window a month who’s fallen off their ladder

So it doesn’t make sense to me for £3 a window.

But we’re all free to make our own decisions
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

NWH

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2020, 10:29:44 am »
Waste of time it’s far harder work using ladders and you earn a fraction than you do WFP,you don’t dictate to a carpenter how he gets a nail in the timber like you don’t tell the window cleaner how to clean the glass the end result should be the same. As for there’s a market for it is ridiculous more like there’s still idiots out and about that can’t use WFP and controlling customers.

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2020, 12:35:34 pm »
We are trad. We choose to be trad. We employ people. We charge a min of £3.00 per window. We have more work than we can cope with. Our lowest paid employee is on £12.50 ph. We do not criticise wfp.
Live and let live.

There must be loads of windows you cant clean though....skylights,3 storey,windows above conservatories/extensions,etc....

price higher/work harder!