Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Adrian Marsh

Who knew
« on: September 08, 2020, 01:33:08 pm »
Been to a job this morning  to clean carpets with soot / carbon deposits from firemen's boots following a bedroom fire. Clients had been using linseed oil and left the oil soaked cotton rags on a plastic bag while they went to have lunch. According to the fire brigade, linseed oil, when left to it's own devices and on cotton rags, can be subject to exothermic chemical reaction within the rags. No doubt other's have heard of this, but it's a new one on me.

*Hector*

Re: Who knew
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 04:25:57 pm »
Welcome back matey.....

Are you still in Whitchurch??
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Adrian Marsh

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 05:19:16 pm »
Welcome back matey.....

Are you still in Whitchurch??

Thank you Hector,;a bit further north, between Stoke and Crewe. Large village, small town. Ideal during lock down as plenty of different walks to help keep the pounds off. I blame the biscuits ;D

*Hector*

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 07:12:04 pm »
I retired from this malarky several years ago, but being a saddo. have no friends so keep coming back here every now and then..

Are you still using Solutions products?
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Adrian Marsh

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 08:20:43 pm »
I retired from this malarky several years ago, but being a saddo. have no friends so keep coming back here every now and then..

Are you still using Solutions products?

May I wish you a long and happy retirement 8)

Mostly solutions but also a few other selected products. Try to be as eco friendly as possible but, as we all know, sometimes we have to use the nuclear option.

Re; Friends. Look after the good ones,  don't waste time on bad ones and don't sweat the small stuff. In the long run we all turn into Rhett Butler; "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn".