Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Robert Sykes

Nightmare clients
« on: July 19, 2020, 07:48:14 am »
Hi, I'm not sure where to post this....

I run a cleaning business like many people on here and again no doubt have had quite a few nightmare customers over the years, well we have had an idea to help others avoid these customers......similar to a scheme that pubs use "Pub Watch" well what about a website for cleaners where all UK cleaners be it solo or companies can submit customers to a blacklist database that can be checked to see if a customer is a problem customer....

Does anyone know how we as an industry could set this up??

What would the legal ramifications be (given GDPR)?

CharlesH

Re: Nightmare clients
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 12:51:15 pm »
That can be difficult to submit given GDPR but what about work around the problem? Would a description be illegal? Not using names and last names but a location and a description. The website could be browsed via the location be it county or city/town and perhaps cleaning category?  I wonder if something like that would work and also I would be very interested to use such website, and unfortunately, add to it.

tom20001

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 07:34:49 am »
Imo its a non runner straight away especially from a legal perspective. Problem customers are just part of the job unfortunately, from my experience they are very rare and even some potential problem custies can be fine if managed correctly.

Spruce

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 08:15:57 am »
That can be difficult to submit given GDPR but what about work around the problem? Would a description be illegal? Not using names and last names but a location and a description. The website could be browsed via the location be it county or city/town and perhaps cleaning category?  I wonder if something like that would work and also I would be very interested to use such website, and unfortunately, add to it.

New GDPR regulations would make it impossible to advertise even an address. I believe that as business when can keep a name and address of our customers on a secure record for our use only, but they can request we remove their details from our records.

What happens if this messer moves out of that address? Who will monitor the records and update them?  Maybe I'm on that list because I refused to pay for a single service which I consider substandard?

This has been raised as a subject from time to time even before data restriction regulations became more strict.  Nowadays, am I breaking GDPR rules by verbally telling another cleaner that so n so at this address is a bad payer and that they should avoid them?
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Kesi Lerry

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 06:58:05 am »
I'm a newbie here. I just joined a few days ago. I would like to know more aboit it. Thank you!