Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Vehicle business insurance
« on: August 24, 2020, 12:00:48 pm »
So if you have more than one vehicle for a member of staff and you insure the vehicle with him as a second driver or you put him as a main driver and he smashes the van then it goes against you personally and you lose your no claims (if at fault)..

So if you have a bigger business with a few staff how do you insure your vehicles and who is liable in the event of an at fault accident?

Can you get business insure where you wouldn't be liable personally? Who is responsible in the event of an accident is it you, the business or the driver?

Not sure that makes sense  ;D

Simon Trapani

Re: Vehicle business insurance
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 02:42:37 pm »
I have two cans & one private car all insured to me. Each vehicle has it’s own no claims discount. You have to build them up individually.

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 05:41:01 pm »
cheers simon, i understand that i was just wondering if you could get business van insurance where it wouldnt put your personal claim history on the line should an employee have an accident. 

Simon Trapani

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2020, 05:54:07 pm »
Ah right. Never thought about it really. I did scrape one van on a gatepost recently but paid for the van repairs myself as I didn't want it to affect any of my other vehicles when they ask at renewal if you've made any claims. And it would also of affected my wife's car (our family car) I guess as I'm a named driver on that.

Not sure what happens if/when my employee scrapes a van or worse. You got me thinking now :-\

Ched

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2020, 06:06:46 pm »
I wonder if it would be better to use a limited company. That way the limited company makes the claims not you.
No idea if a ltd company insurance policy is more expensive or not?
Obviously discuss with decent accountant to see whole picture.