Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard iSparkle

Covid Specific Window Cleaning RAMs
« on: August 04, 2020, 03:08:21 pm »
is anyone who works fro commercial happy to help and share their covid specific RAMs?

have been asked to provide for one of our big clients
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Splash & dash

Re: Covid Specific Window Cleaning RAMs
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 03:30:15 pm »
is anyone who works fro commercial happy to help and share their covid specific RAMs?

I have just added that at this time we are unable to do inside work due to Covid 19 restrictions not one job has questioned it .

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 03:47:23 pm »

I have just added that at this time we are unable to do inside work due to Covid 19 restrictions not one job has questioned it .

some of these are internal cleans :D
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

NWH

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 04:38:02 pm »
We had to provide like a COVID risk assessment for an internal job we do weekly,we have to disinfect all hand rails door handles light switches etc that was all they wanted from us.

Shrek

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 05:07:05 pm »
We had to provide like a COVID risk assessment for an internal job we do weekly,we have to disinfect all hand rails door handles light switches etc that was all they wanted from us.

I thought you work on your own? Do you employ now lol who’s ‘we’ ?!

Ooooooog

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 05:15:44 pm »
You want to speak to a HS consultant.

NWH

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2020, 06:00:07 pm »

I thought you work on your own? Do you employ now lol who’s ‘we’ ?!
Lol  😉

Dave Willis

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2020, 06:56:30 pm »
He’ll be having ‘Clients’ next!

NWH

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2020, 07:08:43 pm »
For insurance you need to provide a list of precautions you are taking for them and for yourselves,we just provided a list of things we will do like a risk assessment in public areas you need to wear gloves and a mask etc it’s straight forward unless you are using a fogging machine or something where areas have to be clear for up to 30 minutes to an hour.

Spruce

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2020, 07:29:29 pm »

If they are asking you back then I would talk to each customer and ask them what they have implemented. If their health and safety insist that everyone wear a mask indoors and you can't breath through one or your glasses fog up then this becomes an issue.
However, the next business might work differently.  As each business  should have consulted their staff and agreed a procedure to handle Covid in their work place acceptable to them, you would have to abide by their procedures in their property.

If you can't compromise your procedures to suit them, then its probably a no go situation. We've done an internal clean since shutdown on a Saturday when only the boss was in.  He left us to it.

We do another external clean once a month and did chosen internals every 3 months.  Our internals have been cancelled and their cleaner has been told its now her job. They don't want too many Tom, Dick and Harrys in the house while this virus is about. I'm guessing we will end up doing the internals windows over the indoor swimming pool at a later date as their cleaner won't be able to reach them.

We haven't been asked back to clean the internals windows of our local gym yet. I'm not sure how it would work as we can't do it out of hours.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

NWH

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2020, 07:32:11 pm »
As far as inside window cleans go back to normal especially on houses commercial jobs are done inside prior to staff arriving,as they arrive the outsides start getting done.

Splash & dash

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2020, 08:56:09 pm »

We do a lot of work in and on care homes/nursing homes and commercial offices etc at this time no internals are being done only the outside , all the customers are happy with that and haven’t questioned it .

Slacky

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2020, 11:56:07 pm »
I’d be asking to see their risk assessment first, for clients/contractors and staff entering the building, for a number of reasons.