Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

G Griffin

Re: Working for neighbours 🤨
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2020, 10:44:18 am »
Drop the price-without their agreement- to a fiver, so if they don't pay you, you're not as much out of pocket.

Down there for dancing ⬇️.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2020, 06:18:52 pm »
My rolling debt list can be anything between £500-£1500.....I see it as money in the bank.....it all comes in eventually....

The trick is to get in front with your bills and always have 4k or 5k in your current account at anyone time.....

Good advice Daz 👍
My average is around £400 outstanding

But you know a p1ss taker pretty quick 😁

I’ve squirreled 🐿 up some money and reinvesting into my equipment

I’m going Spinaclean 14th to look at there add ons

I’m gonna get a gutter vac
And be doing that too

Obviously we can do f/s/g and Connie cleans too

Don’t know what the economy will be like soon so I’m adding another string to my bow

I think as window cleaners will be pretty safe
But there might be even more start ups soon 🤔

95% of my work is regular maintenance window cleaning Lee with the odd add on job that i can clean with the pole.....i really couldnt be bothered with gutter vacs,pressure washers,etc.....i can comfortably earn enough with the equipment ive got without the hassle of buying and faffing about with more equipment..... ;D
price higher/work harder!

RPCCS

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2020, 06:59:25 pm »
No way I would do my neighbours, the local lad does all round here for £5 a house, next door has a porch with 3 windows and a door glass, plus a conservatory, he does the lot for£6 I would want £7 for the basic house without any extensions. We live in an old pit village where everyone still lives in1972 payments wise. I would want £15 for next door and about 12f for my own house, no porch but  a conservatory .  He does my front and side windows with a trad  pole and doesn’t even charge me, I always try to pay him but he won’t have it. He always gets a goof Xmas box though.
Cheers Rich

Stoots

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2020, 08:16:57 pm »
I live on a council estate thats full of tradius ratius so no.

james peters

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2020, 09:53:00 pm »
My rolling debt list can be anything between £500-£1500.....I see it as money in the bank.....it all comes in eventually....

The trick is to get in front with your bills and always have 4k or 5k in your current account at anyone time.....

Good advice Daz 👍
My average is around £400 outstanding

But you know a p1ss taker pretty quick 😁

I’ve squirreled 🐿 up some money and reinvesting into my equipment

I’m going Spinaclean 14th to look at there add ons

I’m gonna get a gutter vac
And be doing that too

Obviously we can do f/s/g and Connie cleans too

Don’t know what the economy will be like soon so I’m adding another string to my bow

I think as window cleaners will be pretty safe
But there might be even more start ups soon 🤔

95% of my work is regular maintenance window cleaning Lee with the odd add on job that i can clean with the pole.....i really couldnt be bothered with gutter vacs,pressure washers,etc.....i can comfortably earn enough with the equipment ive got without the hassle of buying and faffing about with more equipment..... ;D

I agree daz.
however , my daughters have started helping me which means I need more work .
so while I am growing to cover their pay, I have bought a gutter sucker junior which I carry in the van . if I get asked to empty gutters I do it straight away .
gutters can be really quick most of the time and money for old rope . sometimes but not often can be a pain .

james peters

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2020, 10:09:22 pm »
I have a neighbour that hasn't paid. I am soo glad . she is an arrogant stuck up cow , and now I dont have to clean her windows again .

wayne 77

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2020, 10:13:37 pm »
Dont clean neighbours always want a chat etc
Have a rule 200 mt from my home
Makes life easy 

Slash

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2020, 06:53:33 pm »
Never clean neighbours, friends or relatives
Exactly.

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2020, 05:05:45 pm »
ill be cleaning mine and a few neighbours windows tomorrow before i head off to work...all for free of course....an ex neighbour has moved back in next door to me(he was a window cleaner but jacked it in)so i said id clean his when i clean mine..... ;) :)

robbo333

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2020, 05:18:57 pm »
I never clean neighbours, friends or relatives, unless I offer to do it for free (or tea and biscuits).
You should never mix business with pleasure, it will come back to bite you in the bottom.

As for adding other services, go ahead and add them. You have to try these things to see if they are 'for you' or not.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

MrChurchMouse

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2020, 06:15:15 pm »
To those that have a rule for not cleaning for neighbours how do you respond to anyone fitting the neighbour description who may ask you to do theirs?  Might seem a bit weird or rude to them if you just say you don't clean for neighbours? 

dazmond

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2020, 06:36:10 pm »
To those that have a rule for not cleaning for neighbours how do you respond to anyone fitting the neighbour description who may ask you to do theirs?  Might seem a bit weird or rude to them if you just say you don't clean for neighbours?

just say your not taking anymore work on at the moment...they wont ask you again....

Dave Willis

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2020, 08:25:20 pm »
I just clean them really badly, same with decorating. They get a professional in then.

vistech

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2020, 03:13:27 pm »
Done 5 of my neighbour's  for years all either  in or post cash through letterbox nice little hour get a brew all without even moving car

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2020, 06:58:36 pm »
I hate cleaning for neighbors it can get awkward so I just let them tell me when they want them cleaned.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2020, 09:42:19 pm »

This is the thing with getting older I find...I care less & less what other people think. Just tell it as it is. You don't wanna do it.

G Griffin

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2020, 09:21:32 am »
I have no problems doing a cul de sac full of family members.
So, it's all relative?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

EandM

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2020, 11:10:40 am »
Had a great deal with a friend of mine a few years back:
He cleaned my windows and I cleaned his.
Sadly he moved and now lives next door.