This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard iSparkle

Re: Loss of joy?
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2020, 06:32:33 pm »
Exactly Daz.

Or you can stay there 20 min and do a perfectly good job

Both work
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

SB Cleaning

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2020, 07:18:28 pm »
I’m not doubting you at all richard, as I know you put a lot of thought and effort into improving your business.

However, I’d love to be a fly on the wall watching your lads fly around a house in 3-4 minutes. They must be seriously splashing and dashing to keep up with your expectations.

its more like 10 min on small houses front and back mate
The quality of clean must be crud on some houses they do especially in the summer time with all the insect marks etc.

you can do a perfectly good job on a small 3 bed semi in 10 mins with hot water and a high flow esp if your cleaning 4 weekly work........including all frames,sills and doors...
So do you wait for the windows to dry to see your perfectly good job you have cleaned in 10mins?

dazmond

« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2020, 07:57:39 pm »
I’m not doubting you at all richard, as I know you put a lot of thought and effort into improving your business.

However, I’d love to be a fly on the wall watching your lads fly around a house in 3-4 minutes. They must be seriously splashing and dashing to keep up with your expectations.

its more like 10 min on small houses front and back mate
The quality of clean must be crud on some houses they do especially in the summer time with all the insect marks etc.

you can do a perfectly good job on a small 3 bed semi in 10 mins with hot water and a high flow esp if your cleaning 4 weekly work........including all frames,sills and doors...
So do you wait for the windows to dry to see your perfectly good job you have cleaned in 10mins?

no need to as the windows are virtually dry when using hot water at this time of year mate,often the front windows are totally dry if their in the sun by the time im leaving.....
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2020, 08:03:59 pm »
If no one is complaining you could go faster.

NWH

« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2020, 08:15:36 pm »
You should give them enough work to last them most of the day you’ve cleaned the work I take it so you know it should take them that long,if they start finishing the work earlier you then know they’ve rushed it.
If you know you’ve got say 25-30 houses to clean when you start you will rush especially if it’s not your work.

NWH

« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2020, 08:18:49 pm »
Hot water is like colouring in glass and in this weather with hot you can clean large patio doors walk back past em 5 minutes later and see about a dozen beads of water left,ahhh when will people get it 🤣🤣.

james peters

« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2020, 09:27:42 pm »
back to the opening of this thread for tyler.
you will need to build and build and refine as has been advised .
its very important that as you take on new customers , that not only do you charge  correctly, you also need to charge extra for that first clean
time is money .
this extra charge will help you every week as you grow.
say as an example you aim for 5 new customers a week .
as an example lets say they are 5 small run of the mill semi detached at £12  a month  .
the first cleans can be £22
thats an extra £50 revenue on those first cleans .
thats £200 a month extra revenue
on higher priced work the percentages of extra revenue go higher .
the more new work you get at reasonable prices the better your confidence will be . and people will pay