This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

M.J.M

Hypo shelf life
« on: July 29, 2020, 06:30:53 pm »
Am I right in that hypo had a shelf life for 2 to 3 weeks. I googled it but not sure sometimes

tony dubois

Re: Hypo shelf life
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 06:51:19 pm »
Generally the view is that hypo needs to be reasonably fresh although i've had no issues using 6 month old chemical. I've just done my own and neighbours concrete drives using excess one year old hypo and it was fine but in previous years i've found the old hypo had chrystalised and was useless. I guess it's all down to the quality of supply.

M.J.M

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 06:53:19 pm »
Ok cheers

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 08:54:23 pm »
Most hypo has a 6 month shelf life it’s normally on the labelling somewhere, once opened if only a small amount is left in the drum it will loose some of its strength , I have regularly used 3 month out of date hypo will no ill effects

M.J.M

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 09:30:38 pm »
Ok thanks. I had some 18 months and it froze solid for a week it  didn't work that well  I will look after it better now I have better storing arrangements     thanks anyway    I have never seen use by date on side of containers I will look for them but if there not there I will buy off someone else

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 09:41:41 pm »
Ok thanks. I had some 18 months and it froze solid for a week it  didn't work that well  I will look after it better now I have better storing arrangements     thanks anyway    I have never seen use by date on side of containers I will look for them but if there not there I will buy off someone else

We buy dairy hypochlorite from a farm supply shop and it has a date on the label and says use within 6 months , I think this is probably on there as farmers use it to sterilise milking parlours so it has to kill all known germs/ bacteria

M.J.M

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 09:49:40 pm »
I normally buy from the guy who supplies the carwashes in London but I order from bonnimans also but they have sold out so I will try this guy on the industrial estate see if he has use by date on them  if not I will source a farm shop somewhare