This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tom20001

Re: What would you charge?
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2020, 08:44:57 am »
Anyway im off on me hols for rest of week to rest my back and shoulders and further plot world domination💪

Buy an xtreme pole then you won't have to rest your shoulders and back!😁

Oh I forgot you cant afford one......

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

SB Cleaning

« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2020, 09:55:50 am »
I’m a fairly newbie but that has got £300 written all over it.

Good days graft with dinner money or give it to someone who speculates to  accumulate and as already stated ends out cleaning lots of nursing homes as a living.

I have a small good paying round and would like this as a good earner twice a year as a change.  If I had to price to keep I’m sure their are lots of one man bands or multi’s that can and will undercut.

It all depend how much you need it.

No way is that gonna take all day!its a 90 min job on maintenance cleans,add on another 30 mins for driving to and from the job.....
90 mins my ar$e

A decent job would take double that time.

Splash & dash

« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2020, 10:19:40 am »

Good days graft with dinner money or give it to someone who speculates to  accumulate and as already stated ends out cleaning lots of nursing homes as a living.

I have a small good paying round and would like this as a good earner twice a year as a change.  If I had to price to keep I’m sure their are lots of one man bands or multi’s that can and will undercut.

No way is that gonna take all day!its a 90 min job on maintenance cleans,add on another 30 mins for driving to and from the job.....

Yes but that’s just it it’s not a maintenance clean is it it’s a 6 monthly job , with all those trees it will be minging every time , access isn’t great either round the back ,

SB Cleaning

« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2020, 10:39:46 am »
We would want £250  for that 6 monthly clean is a one off not a regular job in my books , we do jobs like that on a  4 weekly  basis for £150 and 8 weekly for £180

My £130 for that job would be a maintenance clean( 8 or 12 weekly)for twice a year I'd go in at £190.....
;D
The OP quite clearly states it's a 6monthly clean and now you've changed your tune!!

Scrimble

« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2020, 11:05:28 am »
NWH you sound like a very jealous man, are you feeling burned because you are still on the tools when others are not and they don't want to be?

NWH

« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2020, 12:43:13 pm »
Deduct all expenses from that job at 125-160 and see what you are left with,on the basic rate of Tax and Nat Ins.
You are charging less for a commercial job like that than I would get on houses time and money wise,these kind of quotes are killing us all gone are the days these jobs are worth cleaning I just leave em to the big boys to fly round 4 handed for monkeys 🐒 nuts,another 1 to add to the turnover with no profit.

NWH

« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2020, 12:45:09 pm »
Someone was right I don’t have experience at cleaning places like that at those prices 🤣🤣,if you are winning all quotes on jobs like that you should take a minute and think why.

Ralphie

« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2020, 12:53:12 pm »

But that was my whole point if you read it.  My working day may be extremely short whereas some, obviously like yourself rush around like a whirling dervish doing your work in 1 quarter of the time I take.

You are then getting 5 of theses to do in a day (£1500 is good money) and retire early.

The reality is you can get lots of these so called good 3150 per 2 hour jobs and always have to be on your toes or like me charge a good rate and spend the casual day with extended lunch doing the job for £300.

I am stress free, injury free and get this job twice a year.

You price, get the job off  me and spend 2hours on it and I ant to know why you are so quick? Are you rushing to get the job out the way?  Was the last fella (me) a little more caring and attentive which with some people goes along way.

As previously stated, it is how you set out your stall defines the relationship you have with your customers and staff if you have any.

NWH

« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2020, 01:37:19 pm »
That’s the way it’s done though I’m afraid they pull up 3-4 handed cold water a quick brush and off so it justifies peanuts,be lucky if it took em an hour tbh that’s the way it’s gone these days.
Stack em high sell em cheap I’m the opposite to that,when you need upwards of 2000 jobs to keep rabbits running you’ll sell your soul for a job half the time I’ve been in the position when I’ve really wanted a particular job and gone in too cheap and regretted it.

NWH

« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2020, 01:40:05 pm »
You should be able to knock 3-4 of them out at the beginning of the week and have a few days off knowing you’ve earned a good crust,that’s nothing more than a couple of houses that price.

jonny thompson

« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2020, 03:12:41 pm »
You usually charge that for a 3 bed semi

dazmond

« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2020, 03:32:32 pm »
We would want £250  for that 6 monthly clean is a one off not a regular job in my books , we do jobs like that on a  4 weekly  basis for £150 and 8 weekly for £180

My £130 for that job would be a maintenance clean( 8 or 12 weekly)for twice a year I'd go in at £190.....
;D
The OP quite clearly states it's a 6monthly clean and now you've changed your tune!!

i didnt notice the twice yearly frequency! ::)roll ;D...thats why ive reviewed my price
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2020, 03:40:35 pm »

But that was my whole point if you read it.  My working day may be extremely short whereas some, obviously like yourself rush around like a whirling dervish doing your work in 1 quarter of the time I take.

You are then getting 5 of theses to do in a day (£1500 is good money) and retire early.

The reality is you can get lots of these so called good 3150 per 2 hour jobs and always have to be on your toes or like me charge a good rate and spend the casual day with extended lunch doing the job for £300.

I am stress free, injury free and get this job twice a year.

You price, get the job off  me and spend 2hours on it and I ant to know why you are so quick? Are you rushing to get the job out the way?  Was the last fella (me) a little more caring and attentive which with some people goes along way.

As previously stated, it is how you set out your stall defines the relationship you have with your customers and staff if you have any.

its an easy job.......easily done in 2 hours with hot water...your a newbie......you dont have the right to reply to this thread! ;D

NWH

« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2020, 03:42:33 pm »
No one has the right to reply unless they use hot water,just us 4 or 5 then 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

dazmond

« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2020, 03:57:54 pm »
i clean a childrens home with around as many windows as that building in the pic.....i charge £90 and it takes me an hour(on a 8 weekly frequency)which im very happy with......

no need to be greedy........some of you guys just wouldnt get the job going in at £300 for a few hours work......

i price up work for the long term as well as a fair price.....obviously this differs from one window cleaner to the next!

NWH

« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2020, 04:18:40 pm »
Jobs like that are not long term I class long term as 10-15 years places like that change the window cleaner like a tart changes her Boyfriend.

Smudger

« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2020, 04:41:14 pm »
Jobs like that are not long term I class long term as 10-15 years places like that change the window cleaner like a tart changes her Boyfriend.

Well you would know about that ..... 🤪🤪😂🤪😂🤪😂
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2020, 04:54:47 pm »
You could send a bloke round to jobs like that with 2 heads the people inside wouldn’t notice lol,I’ve seen jobs like that being cleaned by some of these firms it’s like someone’s just shot a starting pistol 🤣 i think I’m fairly close with prices  but it amazes me what certain places are getting cleaned for. A job like that not many years ago would be cleaned at 5-30am on to a a few nice houses for 2 days money in 1,not anymore the swivel gang are crippling us lads they need the work 🤣🤣 gotta get that 20% from somewhere.

Bungle

« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2020, 07:37:38 pm »
NWH, why do you feel the need to keep chirping in with drivel? It’s kinda err how do I say this kindly...boring.
We look at them, they look through them.

NWH

« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2020, 07:42:47 pm »
Yeah I don’t know why you even bother to take the time to reply do you.