This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Anttoeknee

Dual feed ?
« on: July 13, 2020, 09:56:10 am »
Morning all

Will be purchasing a PW with a 21LPM flow rate . I’ve just seen a video claiming to get the 21 LPM flow rate you need a dual feed into the machine.  Surely a single feed from a water butt / tank with a good suction hose suffice?   From looking most only have a single feed.

Smudger

Re: Dual feed ?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 01:06:05 pm »
That sounds like q washers to me

Twin feed is ok - however it suffers from water turbulence - on the rear feed it enters the pump from a right angle bend in the pipe - for the most part this is fine but on many occasions I ended up with a stutter in the machine - a local p/w company to me pointed out that the plumbing was not the best and should be a single feed but with a straight 1" diameter hose feed

Since that change I don't get stutter or air into the p/w and feel that the pump pushes out a better pressure on a consistent basis

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Anttoeknee

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 04:29:20 pm »
Thanks. 
If I purchased a wheelie bin and used this as a water tank I wouldn’t have any problems having a outlet at the bottom or would I be better just placing the suction inside ?

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 04:38:04 pm »
When I used a wheelie bin I had the outlet at the bottom - better when starting a job as the pump doesn't need to suck air and with the outlet at the bottom the weight of the water keeps you with a good supply to the pump

be aware if the mains pressure is pants a wheelie bin will only give around 15 mins of p/w time

I'd also invest in 3/4" hose like tricoflex from the mains tap to wheelie bin as this allows faster filling

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 07:57:23 am »
I use a 30/lt machine with a single feed I have a couple of pumps at 40lt/min that are set up for single feed. It you use the correct bore supply hose with the matching bore fitting then single feed is fine. But I often see hydraulic fittings that have a much smaller internal bore size, this is because they need to be rated for a very high pressure rating, but supply hose is not under pressure, so you could use plastic or brass fitting which internally is much wider
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 05:11:19 pm »
good point mike

zesty

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 07:45:59 am »
Single feed, jetmac did a video on this. Have a look on YouTube!

Good point about the internal diameter of the couplings. Same applies to window cleaning hoses.