Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CarpetCleaningNewb

Hi All,

I'm totally new to this and would really appreciate some feedback please. My wife and I are due to launch a new carpet cleaning business and have spent time looking into the different models from the:

- Prochem Galaxy with wand and hose

- Craftex Sabrina 5000

- Rug doctor X3 Professional

The thing with all these machines is that they are only extraction machines they do not agitate the pile. I don't know if it is that important, I notice one guy in his video who uses one has a separate machine to agitate.

We want to get the best job done and will of course be implementing all of the other required tasks per job, what we don't want however is to be lugging around large machines or investing into the incorrect models and then find out later down the road we messed up.

Any advice will be very much welcomed and thanks so much for reading!

Cheers

Red_Panda

Hello, you may be starting your business back to front.  Don't make the same mistake that many cleaners made when they started up.  Get training first then you'll be in a better position to choose the correct equipment and chemistry for the type of work that you will be doing.  Hope that is helpful, David.

Kinver_Clean

Do NOT buy a machine or any equipment before you have had some proper training.
In my opinion the best training is from Solutions Cornwall. It might seem a little over the top but it is the only one accredited by the NCCA.
They will promote their products but then so do every other course.
https://www.cleantalk.co.uk/training-courses/
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

M.J.M

The key to buying equipment is buy it on the day of the training   IE.       Buy the machine first.   You get the course free. Then you buy the accessories.  On the course. With a big discount try looking at the airflex pro 400. Machine only cleansmart   get the machine then book the free carpet course then buy the rest discount 😜

RPCCS

Which are do you live in? Cleansmart do excellent training and tge Airflex is a brilliant machine, but you can also get first class training from Jihn Kelly at Restormate in Northumberland. I trained with both of the above. You will need an agitator, the. Sebo Duo is an ideal machine to get you starred, but thete are others that are better and quicker. I find the Sebo very adequate though.
Cheers Rich

Dave_Lee

I am 40 years in this business, which has dramatically changed over the years. Training should be the first thing on your mind. However the best early thing that I did was to go along with an already experienced carpet cleaner for a day. The amount of knowledge you can pick up is indespensible and will save you an awful lot of time and help to avoid mistakes, which can be very costly.
My personal choice would be Alltec for machine and training by the top man in the industry Paul Pearce. Give Chris at Alltec a ring. Of the three machines you mention the Prochem is by far the best, absolutely disregard the Rug Doctor.
Agitation is part of the cleaning pie, one of the ingredients. Pre spray chemicals whether detergent or detergent free need agitation to work properly. There are brush and rotary machines for this but I've always just used a carpet broom and agitate as I clean with a glideless wand. Many use a glide on their wand, it makes for easier wand pushing and pulling, some swear by them, I have one for rugs only the rest I use unglided for better agitation. Like i said you need to go on a good training course.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

RPCCS

I am 40 years in this business, which has dramatically changed over the years. Training should be the first thing on your mind. However the best early thing that I did was to go along with an already experienced carpet cleaner for a day. The amount of knowledge you can pick up is indespensible and will save you an awful lot of time and help to avoid mistakes, which can be very costly.
My personal choice would be Alltec for machine and training by the top man in the industry Paul Pearce. Give Chris at Alltec a ring. Of the three machines you mention the Prochem is by far the best, absolutely disregard the Rug Doctor.
Agitation is part of the cleaning pie, one of the ingredients. Pre spray chemicals whether detergent or detergent free need agitation to work properly. There are brush and rotary machines for this but I've always just used a carpet broom and agitate as I clean with a glideless wand. Many use a glide on their wand, it makes for easier wand pushing and pulling, some swear by them, I have one for rugs only the rest I use unglided for better agitation. Like i said you need to go on a good training course.
That is good advice,I tried to do that with someone who said they were willing to let me tag along for a few days and show me the ropes  so to speak, but they never replied to my messages or answered y calls. In the end I just started advertising and got myself working, with people like John Kelly  from Restormate at the end of the phone for advice when needed.
Cheers Rich

CozyTheBest

Hi , you might be starting your own business .   Get training first from experts then do experiments.