Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom Lawrence

Jaguar cub / Lamb Ametek 6.6
« on: July 23, 2020, 04:07:54 pm »
Just put a brand new Vacuum in my jag cub yesterday as the old one went bang.

Its the standard 6.6 Lamb ametek.

I purchased it from worldwide cleaning support who I've bought from several times.

Only thing is the vacuum sounds really laboured, especially under load, like its struggling?  Its still pulling really hard as it should, just doesn't sound how my machine has sounded for the last 6 years. And yes its the same vacuum I've replaced several times before.

Any ideas?

No kink in connector hose from stack pipe to vacuum, no obstructions in exhaust or inlets.

Have taken it off, and put it back on and still sounds the same? Unless they have changed the design slightly lately?

Ed Valentine

Re: Jaguar cub / Lamb Ametek 6.6
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 05:00:29 pm »
Tom;

Thought I'd chime in here. Reading your first sentence my thought would be that the vacuum motor was a 120v rather than a 230-240v.
I doubt it would be any crossed wires, etc......however always double check. Further, did the location you purchased it at replace switches, etc....., or ...............

Hope this helps!

Tom Lawrence

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 09:39:14 am »
Cheers for that Ed!

Its definitely 240! What I've been told by their engineer who has taken a look at the video I sent them is that I may have done the Jubilee clamp which holds the vacuum to the bottom of the machine.l too tight. Which is making the fairing around the vacuum turbine compressed apparently.

Will take it apart again tomorrow and take a look. Hopefully it hasn't made any lasting damage already.

john martin

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 11:13:52 am »
That's more than likely it , that's why UK built machines will have proper three position bolt mountings with metal spacers on each bolt calibrated against overtighting  .
Not a one dollar jubilee clip  and hope for the best .

Ed Valentine

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 04:47:37 pm »
Just saw Johns reply and wanted to clarify.  It would literally be impossible to clamp the spinning turbines too tight causing a grinding noise the way the motor is supposed to be mounted within the base of the CUB.  The original mounting process requires a foam cushion at cool air intake, and a T-Clip to secure the motor housing and not around the turbines which would cause excessive compression on the blades. In addition, a ss secure bolt is used to help stop any compression against the inter base where turbine enclose meets.

Having done hundreds and hundreds of those mounts causing no compressions of any kind, I would suspect that either the Foam cushion, the T-Clip, and /or the ss secure bolt was not installed, or re-installed improperly, period.  :'(

Thus causing this unbearable noise. No other way really.