Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Splash & dash

Re: Been asked to quote for commercial solar panel jobs (big)
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2020, 05:13:48 pm »
Why is adding VAT to invoices bliss?
;D

Crystal - what a load of old bollo -  you don't need pure water to clean solar panels and you can use chemicals - its glass
firstly as slacky points out - get a longer hose - drop it over the side and connect it up

alternatively get a water source from the top floor of the building and plug your hose and pole into that - IF you find you struggle with a finish ( which I doubt ) put a squeegee on a pole and squeegee after you scrub.

come on man, - think outside the box - be positive

Darran

If the panels are under warrantee you cannot use tap water or chemicals  of any sort , it will invalidate the warrantee , I do think it’s daft but that’s the situation we used to do huge solar panel work for one of the largest installers in the country , I gave the contracts up in the end as we could earn two to three times more per day doing domestic and commercial window  cleaning  I have several  friends that have also done the same . Usually with a building 7 storeys high with panels on the top they have a water supplies  up there when we used to do them we used an ionics Quattro took that and hose and poles up in the lift , surely if you are quoting a job like this you should be thinking about water supplies before anything else ??

Crystal-clear

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2020, 05:35:04 pm »
There we go as we can see another interesting response by splash and dash confirming that you cannot use tap water That you cannot use detergents splash there is no water supply so before I actually put a quote in and consider undertaking the job just so everyone knows lol that's why I'm here so splash could you please tell me what's the best way to proceed?

I'm not going to respond or acknowledge any irrelevant response no explanations no reasons..
Seriously Good God what is wrong with people today?. I even tried to lighten up everyone's mood
By wishing everyone a lovely weekend
Can someone please tell me what have I done wrong? Because all I can see is I never had the answer and I wanted some advice which I've actually got already I wasn't in any way being cocky I was extremely Humble needing some Direction.

Why can't people accept that people are entitled to ask questions without getting berated whether you have staff what's this nitpicking that nitpicking this. you shouldn't be quoting it's like no one has anything better to do seriously if you're not interested in the post and you got nothing positive to say just don't say it. Refusing to now give advice in the future I mean why has it all come to this  ;)

Surely someone one can see where I'm coming from please feel free to jump in .. again hope you guys are having a marvellous weekend please smile sit back and relax a little

Slacky

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2020, 05:40:39 pm »
Why has everyone gone quiet now ?

Because you didn't like what others were saying, so they've shut up. That's why I did.

It's very simple, solar panel cleaning on roof-tops. You just have to know what you're doing. And be qualified.

Don Kee

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2020, 05:41:48 pm »

I'm not going to respond or acknowledge any irrelevant response no explanations no reasons..
Seriously Good God what is wrong with people today?. I even tried to lighten up everyone's mood
Can someone please tell me what have I done wrong? Because all I can see is I never had the answer and I wanted some advice which I've actually got already I wasn't in any way being cocky I was extremely Humble needing some Direction.

Why can't people accept that people are entitled to ask questions without getting berated whether you have staff what's this nitpicking that nitpicking this. you shouldn't be quoting it's like no one has anything better to do seriously if you're not interested in the post and you got nothing positive to say just don't say it. Refusing to now give advice in the future I mean why has it all come to this  ;)

Honesty doesnt bother me

Looks to me like it’s bothering you...

Maybe if you’re not sure and are getting conflicting opinions, it may be worth doing a little of your own research?

In fairness, I do think you’re making it a little harder than it needs to be to honest, all your problems are solved by running your hose from your van up the side of the building and you then have pure water to clean the panels.
The problem of whether you can use normal water or not becomes irrelevant.

Your comment about VAT is just odd. Are you trying to draw attention to the fact that you pay VAT? Who doesn’t, it’s no big deal.

Slacky

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2020, 05:42:23 pm »

8)

Splash & dash

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2020, 06:13:55 pm »
There we go as we can see another interesting response by splash and dash confirming that you cannot use tap water That you cannot use detergents splash there is no water supply so before I actually put a quote in and consider undertaking the job just so everyone knows lol that's why I'm here so splash could you please tell me what's the best way to proceed?

Surely someone one can see where I'm coming from please feel free to jump in .. again hope you guys are having a marvellous weekend please smile sit back and relax a little

I wasn’t being rude or unhelpful I was simply stating when quoting this type of job the first thing to consider is access and water supplies , we did a lot of work for green gen  they sent out a technical bulletin of what could and couldn’t be used , and how they wanted the panels cleaned , every building we did at the height you are saying and Evan much lower than that had a water supply put on the roof when the panels were installed   for the very reason of cleaning them for the next 25 years .if there is no water supply then as has already been said just drop a hose down the building ,   and join it up to another , when doing ground mount systems we regularly had 400 meters of hoses out ,, you might need a higher capacity pump to push it up 7 floors but this isn’t difficult or expensive to do , all buildings if that height and type must have a dry riser , this usually goes right to the roof   , it’s used fir fire fighting in the event of a fire , after gaining permission to use it you can connect this into a portable filtration unit in our case ionics quattro systems is needed to filter the water and supply it tk the poles , again I don’t want to be rude but it does appear that you arnt familia with this type of work so might be better to pass it on to someone who is qualified to do it , have they asked you for rams ? Are you insured for  working on solar of this type ?. Have you any training in this field theses are all questions the building owner should be asking you before quote or start any work . Again Ime not putting you down or being critical just trying to explain that  the way to tackle this type of work is very different ti window cleaning .

Crystal-clear

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2020, 06:21:32 pm »

Honesty doesnt bother me

Maybe if you’re not sure and are getting conflicting opinions, it may be worth doing a little of your own research?

In fairness, I do think you’re making it a little harder than it needs to be to honest, all your problems are solved by running your hose from your van up the side of the building and you then have pure water to clean the panels.

Your comment about VAT is just odd. Are you trying to draw attention to the fact that you pay VAT? Who doesn’t, it’s no big deal.
No it really doesn't bother me at all  :D just pointing it out for the sake of other wonderful forum users so those who wish it is bothering me sorry!

Ok for the sake of everyone looks like i need to explain random little things i said in sentence which isn't really related to the subject but anyway :)

Ohh maybe it was that Good God no  ;D i wish i didn't mention anything about VAT now i certainly know its no big thing at all infact it doesn't mean you're making anymore money then the next person who isnt. Vat is expensive and you really need to watch your costs to be in a decent place particularity in the lower end of the turnover

Anyhow as promised so i must explain if you pay Vat and you clean a domestic house for £20 cant charge the customer VAT as Joe is also £20 on the same street so if you increase price to account for the VAT you can potentially loose the customer So in reality you're Take is only £16.67 compared to Joe's who is £20.00 meaning you're making less profit then joe.

Why i said it was Bliss is if Joe cleans a chemist and charges £20 if you clean chemist next door and you're Vat reg you can also Charge £20 but add Vat to the invoice with the client being totally fine with it . So joe's take is £20 and the Vat Reg person's is £24 meaning if you're on a flat rate or after your offset instead of being £16.67 you will be about £21 meaning you will be in more profit then joe but more importantly leaving you in more profit generally  ;D ;D i think its obvious that if you're vat reg you want to be in a situation to pass on the Vat without loosing the client

I hope this all makes scene or let me guess is it all a load of waffle? what i am saying  :D
in which case please disregard the whole "silly" little VAT word i used its completely irrelevant to cleaning solar panels
and im sorry for saying its bliss hope that clears that all up !

Crystal-clear

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2020, 06:23:06 pm »

I wasn’t being rude or unhelpful I was simply stating when quoting this type of job the first thing to consider is access and water supplies , we did a lot of work for green gen  they sent out a technical bulletin of what could and couldn’t be used , and how they wanted the panels cleaned , every building we did at the height you are saying and Evan much lower than that had a water supply put on the roof when the panels were installed   for the very reason of cleaning them for the next 25 years .if there is no water supply then as has already been said just drop a hose down the building ,   and join it up to another , when doing ground mount systems we regularly had 400 meters of hoses out ,, you might need a higher capacity pump to push it up 7 floors but this isn’t difficult or expensive to do , all buildings if that height and type must have a dry riser , this usually goes right to the roof   , it’s used fir fire fighting in the event of a fire , after gaining permission to use it you can connect this into a portable filtration unit in our case ionics quattro systems is needed to filter the water and supply it tk the poles , again I don’t want to be rude but it does appear that you arnt familia with this type of work so might be better to pass it on to someone who is qualified to do it , have they asked you for rams ? Are you insured for  working on solar of this type ?. Have you any training in this field theses are all questions the building owner should be asking you before quote or start any work . Again Ime not putting you down or being critical just trying to explain that  the way to tackle this type of work is very different ti window cleaning .

No i didnt say you was being rude or unhelpful mate. I said a good response by you just pointing out to some others who went off subject :) sorry lines can get crossed on wordings at times. YOU have been helpful as have some others

Shrek

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2020, 06:43:58 pm »

Honesty doesnt bother me

No it really doesn't bother me at all  :D just pointing it out for the sake of other wonderful forum users so those who wish it is bothering me sorry!

Ok for the sake of everyone looks like i need to explain random little things i said in sentence which isn't really related to the subject but anyway :)

Ohh maybe it was that Good God no  ;D i wish i didn't mention anything about VAT now i certainly know its no big thing at all infact it doesn't mean you're making anymore money then the next person who isnt. Vat is expensive and you really need to watch your costs to be in a decent place particularity in the lower end of the turnover

Anyhow as promised so i must explain if you pay Vat and you clean a domestic house for £20 cant charge the customer VAT as Joe is also £20 on the same street so if you increase price to account for the VAT you can potentially loose the customer So in reality you're Take is only £16.67 compared to Joe's who is £20.00 meaning you're making less profit then joe.

Why i said it was Bliss is if Joe cleans a chemist and charges £20 if you clean chemist next door and you're Vat reg you can also Charge £20 but add Vat to the invoice with the client being totally fine with it . So joe's take is £20 and the Vat Reg person's is £24 meaning if you're on a flat rate or after your offset instead of being £16.67 you will be about £21 meaning you will be in more profit then joe but more importantly leaving you in more profit generally  ;D ;D i think its obvious that if you're vat reg you want to be in a situation to pass on the Vat without loosing the client

I hope this all makes scene or let me guess is it all a load of waffle? what i am saying  :D
in which case please disregard the whole "silly" little VAT word i used its completely irrelevant to cleaning solar panels

You poor sole making less profit than joe. I take it joes turnover isnt £85,000 + though. So your still taking home more money than joe at the end of the day

Crystal-clear

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2020, 06:46:08 pm »

Honesty doesnt bother me

You poor sole making less profit than joe. I take it joes turnover isnt £85,000 + though. So your still taking home more money than joe at the end of the day

Why do you jump to conclusions that everyone who is turning over £85,000 is making more profit then Joe who could be turning over £82,000?

Shrek

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2020, 07:10:24 pm »
From the way you talk about buying the cheapest shoes , cheapest clothes , cheapest gear. What’s the point in turning over £85k + if you aren’t going to spend it and you earn less than ‘joe’?
You certainly take home more than ‘joe’ you tightwad

Crystal-clear

Re: Been asked to quote for commercial solar panel jobs (big) New
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2020, 07:53:49 pm »
From the way you talk about buying the cheapest shoes , cheapest clothes , cheapest gear. What’s the point in turning over £85k + if you aren’t going to spend it and you earn less than ‘joe’?
You certainly take home more than ‘joe’ you tightwad
HAHAHA

lol well thats a different subject all together its almost like you know me yeah ive mentioned saving money on here before so calling me tight goes with the territory :). but the new  bird says i'm tones better since i met her ! on a serious note tho Joe can turnover and be in more profit  on about £68k  :D and being vat isn't easy alot of your left over money gets swallowed up in vat so you do need to keep an eye out Especially on the lower end of the threshold with all the running costs!!! and when it comes to commercial its like YES! its so sweet when it works but then you may be hanging around for the odd payment!

The window cleaning on the building is being undertaken looks like they're not interested in these panels prob for a good reason who knows!
anyhow This thread has run its course thanks to everyone for their input and i mean all of you  :D will take some information given here away with me and see if i'll quote formally in the first place.
 :D