Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Crystal-clear

New Gardener brush
« on: July 02, 2020, 08:31:56 am »
It's orange and when you press it on the glass it's sort of flattens out the shiner i met described it as your hand being on the glass from the ground.
I need to buy a couple of poles but I don't know what brush it is can someone tell me I think it's fairly new cheers.!

M & C Window Cleaning

Re: New Gardener brush
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 08:51:09 am »
Could be the Ultimate DuPont TaperTec. It has an orange stock and transluscent bristles. Superb brush IMHO.
Or it could be the xtreme Medium soft Sill brush which has oranges sill bristles.
I have both, and they are both good brushes. The Ultimate is my favourite of the two though.

Not sure if there's another one
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 09:35:24 am »
Could be the Ultimate DuPont TaperTec. It has an orange stock and transluscent bristles. Superb brush IMHO.
Or it could be the xtreme Medium soft Sill brush which has oranges sill bristles.
I have both, and they are both good brushes. The Ultimate is my favourite of the two though.

Not sure if there's another one

TA been using the durable white ones after the year they still seem pretty brush worthy. But sometimes on very dirty Windows you have to really press down.

Dave Willis

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 11:14:01 am »
Don’t you keep your receipts? Or have an account with Gardiners?   ???

NWH

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 12:18:06 pm »
It’s difficult to say you just need this brush go and buy it certain windows suit different brushes,buy a few see how you go.
You should only need 4-5 brushes make sure 1 of them is a sill brush and 1 is flocked,the rest is personal preference.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 01:19:14 pm »
If I had to recommend 1 brush at the moment it would be the extreme sill brush,it’s a superb brush I’ve used it with hot water for over 2 weeks and it’s not deformed at all yet.
Not good with yellow bee 🐝 spots or stubborn birds 💩 but you won’t beat it for maintaining regular cleans fantastic little brush,if that brush had a couple of rows of stiff bristles for this it would take some beating weighs nothing and cleans effortlessly.

Shrek

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 03:46:23 pm »
If I had to recommend 1 brush at the moment it would be the extreme sill brush,it’s a superb brush I’ve used it with hot water for over 2 weeks and it’s not deformed at all yet.
Not good with yellow bee 🐝 spots or stubborn birds 💩 but you won’t beat it for maintaining regular cleans fantastic little brush,if that brush had a couple of rows of stiff bristles for this it would take some beating weighs nothing and cleans effortlessly.

Is any brush good with those bee spots? Flippin eck , iv shed loads of them this week!!

NWH

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 05:25:46 pm »
Tbh any brush flocked or otherwise is fine with me coz I use hot water I was just using an example for cold water users although even with hot they can need an extra scrub,generally what I do is tilt the brush and use the plastic edge just to lift them off.
If you wanted my advise you probably won’t lol I would buy
1x DuPont ultimate
1x Extreme flocked sill
1x Medium sill
1x Medium Extreme
You don’t need anything else that’s all you need to clean either leads old or new Georgian small panes and the usual PVC types that are just plain ie no bars or lead on or over them.

NWH

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 05:28:19 pm »
It’s only taken me about 15 years to find the only 4 brushes that’s really needed 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👌,with the 4 brushes I’ve mentioned I can clean any window that I come across with ease and none of them are heavy 2 of them are so light you wouldn’t know you’ve got it on the end of the pole.

Shrek

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 05:34:45 pm »
Think I might give one of these ago again

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/super-scraper-1-pad.html

I bought one years ago but the scrubber pads didn’t last very long so binned it

NWH

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 06:18:46 pm »
You don’t even need that really the pad that they do would be enough and it could be less than half the size that I’ve seen on previous brushes,as far as brushes go I’ve tried more or less all of them all makes bristle type etc,the 4 I’ve mentioned imo are all you need to WFP windows they cover as I’ve said every type of window you’ll come across on a day to day basis.
If I went out in the morning with only 1 brush “flocked extreme sill”I’d know I’d be fine for the whole day or I’d get by with no issues,the medium sill I’d always have for a good deep clean on PVC plain glass and the fact I could be sure if given the sills a very good clean the DuPont ultimate is great for really dirty windows and is ideal for maintenance cleans,small panes with no sill that just need a maintenance clean extreme medium.
Honestly nothing else is needed 150 notes you are sorted.

Shrek

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 07:37:57 pm »
Cheers but if you struggle to get bee spots off and your water is hotter than nk’s concrete melting water then iv no chance! 😂

Crystal-clear

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 07:47:16 pm »
Tbh any brush flocked or otherwise is fine with me coz I use hot water I was just using an example for cold water users although even with hot they can need an extra scrub,generally what I do is tilt the brush and use the plastic edge just to lift them off.
If you wanted my advise you probably won’t lol I would buy
1x DuPont ultimate
1x Extreme flocked sill
1x Medium sill
1x Medium Extreme
You don’t need anything else that’s all you need to clean either leads old or new Georgian small panes and the usual PVC types that are just plain ie no bars or lead on or over them.
Bloody hell mate you know your brushes can you tell us when you swap them around most people just tend to go for one brush

NWH

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2020, 09:02:42 pm »
I swap my brush depending on what kind of windows I’m cleaning,I used to have 15-20 brushes in the van I now have 4 all Gardiner’s.

s.w.c

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2020, 10:52:25 am »
I keep 4 different brush set ups in the van it's nice and simple compared to a few years back, oh also I carry one or two brushes I've been allowed to play with just got one the other day in raw prototype and it's a diverse of colour I think six colours, I miss the old colours of the black and gold colour prototypes I thought they looked good.

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2020, 06:42:32 pm »
I use a fair few different brushes but you COULD just use one or two....

xtreme stiff sill brush
xtreme stiff standard brush
35cm ultimate stiff 4 jet brush(for an art work clean)
26cm ultimate stiff brush
xtreme mixed bristle brush with fan jets(used for solar panel cleans on a 90degee carbon gooseneck)

these are the brushes i use for all my work...ive not used a flocked brush for years as they tend to hold on to the dirt and are heavier when wet....
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2020, 06:50:01 pm »
Daz try the extreme flocked sill m8 honestly I’ve been making coffee with my water last few weeks and it’s held up lovely no deformation at all as yet,the stiff brushes are too much like hard work to use imo they don’t clean anywhere near as well as the softer brushes ie DuPont or this new flocked extreme.  I’ve got the new DuPont supreme as well but it’s only usable on glass with no obstacles like wooden bars or lead etc.

NWH

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2020, 06:52:45 pm »
When I say 🐝 spots that are going to need a bit more of a scrub I’m talking about the kind that are almost in a line not singular,the little individual bee spots come off with hot in a couple of passes.

windowswashed

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2020, 07:09:00 pm »
Not a lover of the small brushes, just use 35 brushes all the time. If ever I need to quote a house that requires small brushes I pass the work over to someone else as I really can't stand little brushes no more   :)

My preferences are: Gardiners extreme and ultimate, Ova8  standard brush and the odd constructor brush.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2020, 07:31:29 pm »
Just one brush for us.

The medium extreme sill brushes Are good
For Everything for us

Just 1 exception. We don’t do many big commercial jobs, but if we do we use wider Brushes As they make a big difference in terms of time
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

NWH

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2020, 08:05:24 pm »
Honestly give the flocked extreme sill a go I’m not really a fan of flocked all the time but this brush is so light and ideal for regular cleans.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2020, 09:01:04 pm »
The flocked Xtreme sill is a dedicated brush and not a every day brush IMO. It holds dirt like there's no tomorrow!! It's also a tad on the soft side to be anything else and the over exaggerated stock limits it's potential.
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2020, 09:55:56 pm »
I agree flocked brushes do hold a bit of dirt and I use hot 🥵 water you wouldn’t know it though talking to me 🤣🤣,I didn’t think it would be an everyday brush either but it’s holding up well it’s all I’ve used the last few weeks and it’s held it’s shape.
If I’d used a medium older Extreme it would have been killed by now especially with hot water.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2020, 11:56:22 pm »
I agree flocked brushes do hold a bit of dirt and I use hot 🥵 water you wouldn’t know it though talking to me 🤣🤣,I didn’t think it would be an everyday brush either but it’s holding up well it’s all I’ve used the last few weeks and it’s held it’s shape.
If I’d used a medium older Extreme it would have been killed by now especially with hot water.

Cant I just get Ultimate DuPont TaperTec?. These are softer bristles right so they flatten out onto the glass at hight more ?

jk999

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2020, 07:15:09 pm »
You pass work on because you don't like small brushes wow heard it all now 😳

windowswashed

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2020, 09:16:36 pm »
You pass work on because you don't like small brushes wow heard it all now 😳

I pass work on where you can only clean the windows using a small brush  as the windows are too small i.e. new builds with tiny sash windows, too little room for access between houses, locked gates, the usual problems with new builds.  No wiggle room for small brushes other than up and down, ...horrible jobs to clean easily and normally windows are open  on hot days and parking is a problem as most households have two cars but new builds are normally room enough for one car and  parking problems with  so many parked cars  half on and off the pavements.