Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Crystal-clear

Gardiner Pole snapped today after a year
« on: July 02, 2020, 09:33:28 am »
Probably used for 40h a week maybe 1600 hours would you be upset or happy of the amount of usage? I've had the pole last 3 or 4 years before a section snaps but was using less back then.
Also did no maintenance.
Worth a repair but I'm not sure if I have the patience to do that might just sell it without one section and get another

dazmond

Re: Gardiner Pole snapped today after a year
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 10:07:18 am »
yep ive done the same..always xtreme poles!just replace the section for now(surely you ve got a spare one knocking around).....

i am looking after my latest xtreme pole(its 10 months old now)and it does seem to be wearing better.....i flush it out with water every week and remove the sections at least once a month,retape the ends of sections 1 and 2 and spray with PTFE spray....

of course i always clean the pole hose in between jobs,i also dont shut windows with the pole if their too stiff and the heaviest brush i put on the end is an ultimate brush(but i usually just stick with xtreme brushes these days)
price higher/work harder!

jk999

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 11:12:42 am »
has anyone noticed if you seem to look after your gear it breaks quicker seriously, you tread carefully on ice you slip ,your carefull with your mobile you drop it honestly the more carefull i am with my gear accident s happen ,my last slx pole from gardiners lasted seven years before I changed it but i didn't look after it ,its still in van could even use it if wanted tov

Crystal-clear

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 11:21:12 am »
One of those things then I mean this pole was really used for the whole year.
Section 2 is £72 including VAT.
Brush now starting to show wear.
So potentially £100 with brush 110.
Can get new Gardiner SLX 25 with new brush for 250 an extra hundred and something pounds so what would you do.
I could probably sell that pole for £100 I'll be in the same boat?
But with a new everything

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 06:09:20 pm »
My main pole for the last 3 1/2 years has been an Xtreme 22. The bottom two sections are hardly used. I dare say they will not need replacing before I retire. For some reason I haven't as yet figured out, I wore section three so thin after two years and three months it split lengthways. I replaced it.
One year later I snapped section #2 closing a window but when I checked it's thickness it was still quite substantial, unlike section #3. If I hadn't closed that window with it I recon it would easily have gone for another year.
Section #1 looked as if it had the most wear but of course was only wearing on the outside. Unfortunately I made a right mess of it trying to lacquer it. The lacquer I bought was obviously not the right stuff and within a week, half of it had peeled off. So I replaced that too.
Right now it feels like a new pole again. A little more than half the price of a new one. Doesn't worry me either when I consider how much I've earned with it.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 06:24:50 pm »
My main pole for the last 3 1/2 years has been an Xtreme 22. The bottom two sections are hardly used. I dare say they will not need replacing before I retire. For some reason I haven't as yet figured out, I wore section three so thin after two years and three months it split lengthways. I replaced it.
One year later I snapped section #2 closing a window but when I checked it's thickness it was still quite substantial, unlike section #3. If I hadn't closed that window with it I recon it would easily have gone for another year.
Section #1 looked as if it had the most wear but of course was only wearing on the outside. Unfortunately I made a right mess of it trying to lacquer it. The lacquer I bought was obviously not the right stuff and within a week, half of it had peeled off. So I replaced that too.
Right now it feels like a new pole again. A little more than half the price of a new one. Doesn't worry me either when I consider how much I've earned with it.

I'd be happy if I get 2 years out of this xtreme pole....

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 06:29:25 pm »
has anyone noticed if you seem to look after your gear it breaks quicker seriously, you tread carefully on ice you slip ,your carefull with your mobile you drop it honestly the more carefull i am with my gear accident s happen ,my last slx pole from gardiners lasted seven years before I changed it but i didn't look after it ,its still in van could even use it if wanted tov

Your post doesn't make sense......I've looked after this latest xtreme pole a lot more than previous poles and guess what?its wearing a lot less....its not even spinning at the top 2 clamping areas yet when fully closed!😄👍

Crystal-clear

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 06:48:24 pm »
Try to buy a pole for £306 with the new brush recommended. But couldn't quite sort out the payment details they called me back and they encouraged me to just by section 2 so it's very easy so I'm going to do that clean the whole pole up.
All I got to do is just swap it out.and Bob's yout uncle. Yes I'm in for 72 quid extra now but I don't see why we couldn't get another year out of it fingers crossed especially if I maintain it this time