Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Re: Gardiners v Ova8
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2020, 02:17:22 am »
I have the 25 with metal bands it’s ace !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2020, 10:56:29 am »
You don’t need a new pole every year nessesarily, just a couple of sections now and again maybe three at the most. Lower sections get less use/wear.

I am actually trying to look after this latest xtreme pole Dave.....I strip it down,flush it out,tape the bottom sections and spray PTFE lubricant every month...in fact I'm gonna do it today after all the horrible wet weather this week....
price higher/work harder!

zesty

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2020, 05:31:01 pm »
I have the 25 with metal bands it’s ace !

Can you’re next project be an xtreme 3 pole with a metal wrap?  ;D

Shrek

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2020, 06:16:16 pm »
You don’t need a new pole every year nessesarily, just a couple of sections now and again maybe three at the most. Lower sections get less use/wear.

I am actually trying to look after this latest xtreme pole Dave.....I strip it down,flush it out,tape the bottom sections and spray PTFE lubricant every month...in fact I'm gonna do it today after all the horrible wet weather this week....

Do Gardiners have a section for this kind of stuff on their website? I can’t find any !

Stoots

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2020, 08:32:51 pm »
I thought about buying a streamline once, i soon got Ova 8 and bought a gardiners.

Dave Willis

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2020, 07:23:38 am »
You should go to Unger management classes.

Les Sparkle

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2020, 01:21:33 pm »
Recently got a 48ft OVA , the clamps are garbage.
I should of listened and gone for Gardiner's.

Smudger

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2020, 02:36:35 pm »
Recently got a 48ft OVA , the clamps are garbage.
I should of listened and gone for Gardiner's.

you joined the forum specifically to make this post  ::)roll

I thought the days of the troll had gone....

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

windowswashed

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2020, 10:53:19 pm »
I have a 45ft Ova 8. You need to tighten the allen bolts n the clamps as they never do them up tight enough, The clamps are fine, had no problems with them at all.  They are more ergonomically better and never twist unlike any other pole on the market. The only improvement you could make would be to replicate Gardiners smart clamping system. They are more rigid than a supermax. The reason I love them is easier on the hands, a decent rigid pole and light enough for daily use. I like the poles very much, they are up there with Gardiners poles.

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2020, 08:49:46 am »
I have a 45ft Ova 8. You need to tighten the allen bolts n the clamps as they never do them up tight enough, The clamps are fine, had no problems with them at all.  They are more ergonomically better and never twist unlike any other pole on the market. The only improvement you could make would be to replicate Gardiners smart clamping system. They are more rigid than a supermax. The reason I love them is easier on the hands, a decent rigid pole and light enough for daily use. I like the poles very much, they are up there with Gardiners poles.

Surely you dont use a 45ft pole as your everyday pole though?

That would be a very inefficient way of working.....also a lot harder than it needs to be to get your work cleaned...
price higher/work harder!

Slash

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2020, 06:34:15 pm »
The mechanism of the clamps are fine,opening and closing.
The big issue I had with these clamps are they slip up and down and when you do tighten them with an allen key the nut the other side moves ALTOUGH THE NUT IS IN A NUT SHAPED MOULD.
And thats the part that lets the pole down.
They went and designed a great pole but that little issue was poorly designed.
Perhaps they should have used a metal cove so it wouldn't wear against a nut.

windowswashed

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2020, 06:53:15 pm »
The days I'm using it, I use for the whole of each day it comes out. I have a shorter 25 hi Carbon as my favourite pole (Ova *8s)