Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andyralph

Ova 8 poles
« on: May 23, 2020, 09:11:28 pm »
Hi all anybody use the ova 8 pole and any thoughts on them thanks andy

Smudger

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

jk999

Re: Ova 8 poles
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 12:01:32 am »
I have had one for ova a year now good poles very rigid and solid cant fault them ,a bit pricey but good poles 🙂👍

mufcglen

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 08:48:22 am »
Dong know if they’ve changed the design but be seen a few videos on Facebook where they looked worn as anything and there’s nothing you can do about tightening them up to stop them clanging about.
Haven’t personally used one although I was always interested in one after my xtreme’s but the wear videos really put me off, apparantly they wear on the corner edges of the pole shaft and the clamps feel cheap

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 10:02:30 am »
No wear as yet - personally clamps feel better than gardiners

The thing with wear is, it comes down to how you use a pole, some are more heavy handed than others, the style that clean or hold the pole - unless there are masses of complaints you have to use your own judgement - after all slx poles have had wear issues - clamp problems in the past and Alex made great strides to improve these areas
But if you listened to a couple of videos you'd never buy an slx

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

andyralph

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 11:41:56 am »
Thanks for replies I think I might try one thanks andy

Simon Trapani

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 01:12:35 pm »

The thing with wear is, it comes down to how you use a pole, some are more heavy handed than others, the style that clean or hold the pole - unless there are masses of complaints you have to use your own judgement - after all slx poles have had wear issues - clamp problems in the past and Alex made great strides to improve these areas

Darran

Why'd you say that?

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2020, 02:24:04 pm »
I know a window cleaner who's got an ova pole....it seems far too heavy to me but I'm used to using xtreme poles every day......
price higher/work harder!

mufcglen

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2020, 02:57:15 pm »
Darran

i didnt listen to a video, i watched it pal, it looked pretty shocking to be honest for a pole thats not supposed to spin!

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2020, 03:17:50 pm »

Darran

Why'd you say that?

because with anything you can't please all the people all of the time - if you looked a few years back at all the "problems" with Gardiner poles and took notice of these then you wouldn't have brought one - the fact is the overwhelming majority were fine

Darran

STEVE-UK

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2020, 02:10:14 pm »
can't see much on Streamlines website regarding brushes

do they sell a flocked brush, if not, can you fit a Gardiners brush to an Ova8 gooseneck?

The image of the Ova8 pole shows hoses linking to brush pointing upwards, can the be made to fit more flush to the gooseneck?

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2020, 05:23:50 pm »
I think they do flocked

yes the brush and socket holes line up so you can screw a Gardiner brush to a streamline socket and vice versa

Darran

Den68

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2020, 05:36:48 pm »
I’m an extreme user and only every tried 17’ ova pole  once another  windie was using it on a house next to one I was doing only met him once, in all honestly weight wise felt like 20 extreme poles put together 😮 and a 1’ shorter also defo not for me.

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2020, 05:57:45 pm »
I can see why the employers on here are getting them for staff...they are  solid robust poles but if you work on your own there are far better poles out there to make your  working day  easier......
price higher/work harder!

STEVE-UK

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2020, 06:34:33 pm »
thanks chaps, I'm liking the clip in gooseneck extensions

will be placing an order