Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lal

Revolut Bank
« on: May 24, 2020, 09:44:31 am »

Hi all, just wondering if anyone use's Revolut Bank, if you do, just wondering your views, and what you think of it, i just signed up to it the weekend, the prompt was, 2 new customers I'm cleaning for next week, said they could pay me using Revolut using
your mobile number, as they wouldn't be in, i said i wasn't with Revolut, they seemed surprised, so i thought i would give it a
try this week.

Spruce

Re: Revolut Bank
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 12:51:55 pm »

Hi all, just wondering if anyone use's Revolut Bank, if you do, just wondering your views, and what you think of it, i just signed up to it the weekend, the prompt was, 2 new customers I'm cleaning for next week, said they could pay me using Revolut using
your mobile number, as they wouldn't be in, i said i wasn't with Revolut, they seemed surprised, so i thought i would give it a
try this week.

Your mobile number is only specific to you. I did sign up to the extension with Natwest and apparently I can get paid directly to my mobile phone number which is linked to my bank account. No one ever has paid me this way though.

On my mobile banking app I can pay my contacts. I don't have to set them up as a payee. But they have had to set this up themselves to receive that.

For example, I have my wife set up on my account so I can transfer money to her via bacs. I can't sent money to her phone because she hasn't set it up for me to do that.
I tried to just now. Messenger sent a report to her phone to tell her that someone has tried to pay her mobile number but wasn't successful.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 03:01:49 pm »

try this week.

So you ve signed up to a bank just so  2 customers can pay you lal?

What's wrong with a BACS payment into your usual bank account,cash left in a safe place or a standing order?

I dont see the reasoning behind your decision for 2 customers tbh mate....
price higher/work harder!

lal

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 05:03:56 pm »

try this week.
[/quot

What's wrong with a BACS payment into your usual bank account,cash left in a safe place or a standing order?

Hi Dazmond, i hope your keeping well,   2 new customers asked me last week, but i have  been asked before in the past
 a few time's about accepting payment by Revolut, its an easy way of recieving or sending a payment by a Revolut account
that's connected to your mobile number, the payment goes into your account straight away with no charge,
Like yourself Daz, I'm all for trying new things for the business if it makes life easier,  do you remember when you were on the
fence about signing up for the SumUp card reader, i told you i had been using it a while and was very happy with it, so you
got yourself one, and i remember you were well impressed with it, at the time you were on a mission to eliminate having
to go out one evening a week to do your payment collections, there you go, ive been using SumUp for 2 1/2 years now, so I'm
trying something different now.

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 06:59:13 am »
Just in case anyone is interested.

We were about to go on holiday before the lockdown. I approached my credit card company to inform them. As I use finger print scanning on my mobile phone to access my account they advise that they are no longer responsible for any fraudulent transactions on my account.

I don't know if the same applies with Natwest but its something I need to follow up.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 03:44:23 pm »

try this week.
[/quot

Hi Dazmond, i hope your keeping well,   2 new customers asked me last week, but i have  been asked before in the past
 a few time's about accepting payment by Revolut, its an easy way of recieving or sending a payment by a Revolut account
that's connected to your mobile number, the payment goes into your account straight away with no charge,
Like yourself Daz, I'm all for trying new things for the business if it makes life easier,  do you remember when you were on the
fence about signing up for the SumUp card reader, i told you i had been using it a while and was very happy with it, so you
got yourself one, and i remember you were well impressed with it, at the time you were on a mission to eliminate having
to go out one evening a week to do your payment collections, there you go, ive been using SumUp for 2 1/2 years now, so I'm

Each their own Larry.....I do still use my card machine,it comes in handy some days but the vast majority of my customers pay by BACS which is a great thing for me....no contact with the customer and no fees...

Personally I wouldn't open an account with any bank just for a few customer payments,they could pay by BACS if they wanted....you need to insist on it IMO if they wont set up a standing order or pay by cash,card or over the phone......

lal

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 05:53:47 pm »

try this week.
[/quot

Each their own Larry.....I do still use my card machine,it comes in handy some days but the vast majority of my customers pay by BACS which is a great thing for me....no contact with the customer and no fees...

Personally I wouldn't open an account with any bank just for a few customer payments,they could pay by BACS if they wanted....you need to insist on it IMO if they wont set up a standing order or pay by cash,card or over the phone......

Hey Dazmond,  it truly  is each to their own, everyone has their own prefered way of working, your work consists of
4 weekly or 8 weekly i believe, so when you have regular work like this, its much easier to organise payments through BACS
D/Debits  Go/Cardless  etc etc.

I don't have any 4 Weekly or 8 Weekly customers, my work is as and when they call,  you're probably thinking, Oh i couldn't
work like that,  but it works for me, people here vary on frequency, it could be 3 monthly 4 monthly 6monthly yearly 2 yearly,
whatever, everything is priced as a 1st clean or one-off  whatever you want to call it, i have a reasonably sized customer base,
so i always have enough work coming in each week plus new work also, in the states the frequency averages once a year i believe.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 06:03:51 pm »
I have jobs like that too Larry!👍......as well as my regular 4/8 weekly work I have some 6/12weekly,twice a year and yearly jobs too.....a good mixture.....

Best wishes mate.....