Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul barnett

Carpark cleaning pricing
« on: April 30, 2020, 07:20:37 am »
We have been offered some work with our ride on sweeper to clean some local car parks (supermarket) and a school site, looking like monthly visits. How do people normally charge / price for this?

Yada Yada Yada - www.m-clean.uk

Re: Carpark cleaning pricing
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 11:31:54 am »
Paul

No answers so here's my thinking.

Ride on Sweeper - is this an internal one or one of these?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/APPLIED-414RS-TENNANT-ROAD-SWEEPER-YEAR-2016-GREEN-MACHINE-RIDE-ON-2144-HOURS/174248463338?hash=item2892048bea:g:iNwAAOSwEIBec6cD

If it's an internal sweeper I've seen these used on store entrances, flat paving but never in a car park. If it's one of the ebay linked then no issues.

Supermarket car parks are anything from 3000 SQM, largest cleaned 22000 SQM.

On an external ride on average car park, say 4/5000 SQM can't be any more than 1 hour, 2 at the most, done before the store opens, get the operator to sweep out the corners, trolley shelters and crack on.

Truth is you're not cleaning the whole car park, just litter picking and spot cleaning - or am I wrong?

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 11:41:39 am »
You've done a post in another section of the forum.

On the refurb programme for Sainsbury's I've cleaned trolley shelters & literally just before lockdown cleaned about 30 across 3 stores.

They don't get done until the refurbs but that's not to say you won't be able to sell it to the store manager.

They are an absolute pig - very green, lots of baked on algae and. It is very difficult to get the very tops with a brush because you can't get the downwards pressure off the brush, I doubt they will let you use ladders. 6'4'' and I struggle.

You hit polycarbonate with a pressure washer it shatters. Most trolley shelter tops have been on there for an eternity and are very brittle.

Signage is easy, a run of 32 Morrisons in 2016 & then a run of Waitrose in 17 we did lots of them but on the refurb programmes for everyone else never done them.

Get out there and sell it, good luck.

paul barnett

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 09:43:11 am »
Thanks for the reply,  i did another post as was in wrong catagory but couldnt remove this one....

its the larger cabbed machine as in your link, so an outdoor machine light enough for paved areas, between bollards etc  and big enough to cover a larger area.  waste is tipped on site so not an issue,

Would you price the sweeping bit by area or hour?

As for the jet wash part thats just an add on if needed, so probably priced on viewing the job?

My main business is repairing and selling these machines, i have a nationwide customer who uses quite a few but inexperienced operators damaging machines etc they have asked me to cover certain sites. then will look to expand a round

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 11:44:43 am »
You've got yourself an interesting opportunity here.

My experience on supermarkets is well into the hundreds, with car park cleaning a large part but these would all be classed as ad hoc/one off cleans with only pressure washing as the option.

There are car parks out there that are never litter picked - the wind gets rid of the rubbish & then there are those that have a quick litter pick as the guy changes the store front litter bin bags - never seen this motorised service offered.

If I was offered multiple sites I would probably give him a price per 5, 10, 15 etc, taking into account travel time between them, forming the round.

The supermarkets have tight pockets.

I knew of a gutter cleaning budget that was approved - into the hundreds of thousands but was never used, by the time I got to hear about it the contact went off on maternity leave & it never went anywhere.

Only six weeks ago I chatted to a guy on a store car park who had multiple sites for gritting, similar principles, he's putting it down your taking it off,  he was less than half an hour, then I'm onto the next store & he's there again, think he'd got 5 or 6.

Are you towing it round on a trailer?

I'd be happy to work with you or both of you to make it happen.