This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SB Cleaning

Re: thinking of going back to work
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2020, 05:37:23 pm »
Took a month off during the lockdown...personally felt the right thing to do...going back Monday ...have had a few
phone calls from customers asking if i'm still cleaning...so time to go back.
We are still going to be in lockdown Monday ???

RPCCS

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2020, 10:29:07 pm »
Im waiting til next lockdown review and then think about going back. I did let people know via my f b page that I was closed during lockdown, sent texts and emails to others, and posted a message in a village monthy newsletter to say the same.
Cheers Rich

Soupy

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2020, 11:32:28 pm »
Back Monday.

f*** it.

G Griffin

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2020, 12:31:19 am »
Back Monday.

f*** it.
Just like Boris.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2020, 10:20:19 am »
Im waiting til next lockdown review and then think about going back. I did let people know via my f b page that I was closed during lockdown, sent texts and emails to others, and posted a message in a village monthy newsletter to say the same.

What if boris goes for another 3 weeks of lockdown?are you gonna go back in late may/early june?
price higher/work harder!

Perfect Windows

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2020, 12:03:34 pm »
Hi Jay, this may help - it's guidance from an NHS trust for their staff on how to return home safely. Not every bit applies, of course. Faffy but sensible.

Vin

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2020, 12:30:21 pm »
Hi Jay, this may help - it's guidance from an NHS trust for their staff on how to return home safely. Not every bit applies, of course. Faffy but sensible.

Vin

cheers Vin that's good

andyM

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2020, 01:08:07 pm »
The guidance from the NHS and in particular the: Shower and change out of work clothes SHOULD be mandatory for all Hospital staff working with covid 19 patients.
Sadly it isn't, and I reckon if the public knew the true figure of staff who actually DO bother to practice this we would be very disappointed. 
One of the Plebs

RPCCS

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2020, 01:56:40 pm »

What if boris goes for another 3 weeks of lockdown?are you gonna go back in late may/early june?
I think if things remain the same or are relaxed then I will go back on 11th.
Cheers Rich

RPCCS

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2020, 02:03:01 pm »

Vin

cheers Vin that's good
I won't be bothering with all that, washing hands yeah but not doing the rest.
Cheers Rich

CasaDeCabra

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2020, 02:32:55 pm »

Vin

cheers Vin that's good
I won't be bothering with all that, washing hands yeah but not doing the rest.

Clealry, you have no one at home that is shielding and needs to be kept free of the virus!

NWH

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2020, 05:07:09 pm »
I can’t believe people still haven’t gone back to work window cleaning.

G Griffin

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2020, 05:47:26 pm »
I can’t believe people still haven’t gone back to work window cleaning.
It's true; believe it.
You might not understand peoples' reasons for working though.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NWH

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2020, 05:49:52 pm »
Unless you have been under complete lock down and by that I mean not going out at all shopping etc you are no safer than me working,I don’t have close contact with any customers.

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2020, 05:50:23 pm »
So itll be 7 weeks without working or cleaning a window for some of you lads by the time the next review on thursday 7th may(friday is a bank holiday VE day)so you wont be starting back until monday 11th may?.......

I've never had 7 weeks off in 27 years of window cleaning! ;D....the longest I've had off was 3 and a half weeks when I tore an ankle ligament playing football.....
price higher/work harder!

Slacky

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2020, 06:03:32 pm »
I think some of those with kids and/or marriages/relationships under the same roof have a different scenario to consider.

I’m lucky in that sense in that I don’t have that to worry about, but it also means there is only one wage coming in to the house and not two.

With kids I guess the responsibility is on a different level and fair to the guys who’re putting that first. Seriously, I’m glad I don’t have to but for those of you that have, respect.

G Griffin

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2020, 06:07:59 pm »
Unless you have been under complete lock down and by that I mean not going out at all shopping etc you are no safer than me working,I don’t have close contact with any customers.
You weren't talking about yourself though.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Mike Burd

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2020, 06:35:19 pm »
I think some of those with kids and/or marriages/relationships under the same roof have a different scenario to consider.

I’m lucky in that sense in that I don’t have that to worry about, but it also means there is only one wage coming in to the house and not two.

With kids I guess the responsibility is on a different level and fair to the guys who’re putting that first. Seriously, I’m glad I don’t have to but for those of you that have, respect.
The risk of Coronavirus to children is very low. With kids I’d say it’s more important to feed them and provide the right trainers.

Don Kee

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2020, 07:01:55 pm »

The risk of Coronavirus to children is very low. With kids I’d say it’s more important to feed them and provide the right trainers.

I think that’s what Slacky is saying.

G Griffin

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2020, 07:07:05 pm »

The schools are closed though and if they are open to children they are not educating them. They have work to do but they are only supervised.
I know the risk is low but it is also impossible to get children to stay socially distant.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐