This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jay Le Huray

why is there so much abuse?
« on: March 30, 2020, 12:10:24 pm »
oh come on guys, nearly all the threads at the moment seem to contain abuse in one form or another.

I know we all have different opinions weather or not we should be working or staying at home but each to their own

from what I read into the government guide lines is there is nothing to stop you from going to work if you can't work from home and I for one don't think it possible in our trade to do so.

Before I get load of abuse I would like to inform you that I stopped working over a week ago and will continue to stay at home until further notice, I would also like to point out that I'm one of the lucky ones that are fortunately able to survive on my pension and savings.

Not everyone is that lucky to be able to pay their mortgages and feed their loved one until such time that the government helps them out financially (and that won't be too soon either)

Remember the old saying "every action has a consequence" so please guys lets all stop the abuse and try to be kind to each other in these desperate times we are currently experiencing   

BE KIND

G Griffin

Re: why is there so much abuse?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 12:40:04 pm »
FUD.
Fear, uncertainty and doubt. And I'd add frustration.

Well said though, Jay. How's the wife?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 12:53:35 pm »
FUD.
Fear, uncertainty and doubt. And I'd add frustration.

Well said though, Jay. How's the wife?
She's okay G, like most people just concerned about the whole situation

Ascjim

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 01:07:50 pm »
Window cleaners. What do you expect?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 01:52:41 pm »

Not just window cleaners. Go on any forum/group and you will see that some people are scared. When people are scared they entrench into positions and start finger-stabbing.

Calm reasoned posts without name-calling go a long way as do posts not implicitly denigrating certain occupations.
It's a game of three halves!

johnny bravo

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 02:19:10 pm »
Maybe scared because NO one wants to end up having to go  in hospital,  because you may not come out.   the mrs is telling me to even stop going to the shops so often.        I says simply do a list for basically Teas for the week,      I see less people  out and about last few days.   my latex gloves came today,   use when shopping now.   no cash exchange also.

geefree

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 02:34:30 pm »
Hi Guys I haven't been on the site for a very long time until now.
I thought I would nip on and see  if I can read any advice or simply find out how others are reacting to this threat.
There is some great info here , but like you say, you have to  scroll through all the abuse and negatives,  before finding sensible comments.
I live alone , after one week off and bills ready to come out of the bank , I know that I can cover these,  but I don't think I can cover next months without working .
It's a real dilemma for all of us.
Good luck to all. Stay safe guys whatever your doing.

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2020, 02:35:58 pm »
True, there is a lot of fear, anxieties and uncertainty.
However, is that a good excuse to vent your anger and frustration on others.   Not really, however if people are brave enough to do so, why cant they be brave enough to say those small 2 words,
"Im sorry" i just had a moment then.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Missing Link

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2020, 02:54:24 pm »

I belong to a busy faceache ultra marathon group.

The amount of dummies being spat out there is unreal and they consider themselves a 'family' (a family united by the love of ultra running; think 'spiritual' and 'beards and haircuts like Jesus' and 'vegans').

;D

Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Missing Link

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2020, 02:55:03 pm »
True, there is a lot of fear, anxieties and uncertainty.
However, is that a good excuse to vent your anger and frustration on others.   Not really, however if people are brave enough to do so, why cant they be brave enough to say those small 2 words,
"Im sorry" i just had a moment then.

You stupid idiot.

Missing Link

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2020, 02:55:24 pm »
I'm sorry, Nathan, I just had a moment then.

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2020, 03:39:14 pm »
I'm sorry, Nathan, I just had a moment then.

Apologies, as your not worth the moment 😁
Apologies
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2020, 03:43:26 pm »
oh come on guys, nearly all the threads at the moment seem to contain abuse in one form or another.

I know we all have different opinions weather or not we should be working or staying at home but each to their own

from what I read into the government guide lines is there is nothing to stop you from going to work if you can't work from home and I for one don't think it possible in our trade to do so.

Before I get load of abuse I would like to inform you that I stopped working over a week ago and will continue to stay at home until further notice, I would also like to point out that I'm one of the lucky ones that are fortunately able to survive on my pension and savings.

Not everyone is that lucky to be able to pay their mortgages and feed their loved one until such time that the government helps them out financially (and that won't be too soon either)

Remember the old saying "every action has a consequence" so please guys lets all stop the abuse and try to be kind to each other in these desperate times we are currently experiencing   

BE KIND
If you decided to stay at home a week ago you will still be there in many weeks to come,depends where and what type of work you clean but for me at present I can carry on to a point.
If it stays as it is at the moment I’ll continue to do a bit until they say no more,I’m not doing anywhere near what I would do normally just doing customers I’ve text.

Ooooooog

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2020, 04:40:47 pm »
People going stir crazy

Paul-kent

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2020, 04:47:01 pm »
It could be worse if this was a forum for hookers/prostitutes businesses must be bad for them as they cannot practice social distancing in their line of work  ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2020, 04:54:55 pm »
It could be worse if this was a forum for hookers/prostitutes businesses must be bad for them as they cannot practice social distancing in their line of work  ;D
You've not seen the length of my knob.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Mr B shine

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2020, 04:55:43 pm »

Would they not just have to wash everything with warm soapy water ;)

deeege

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2020, 05:00:20 pm »
It’s almost as bad as the winter of 2010 when the temperatures dropped below -5°C and stayed that way for weeks. This place was great fun that winter.

Times of uncertainty like these definitely brings out the worst in people.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Paul-kent

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2020, 05:05:15 pm »

Would they not just have to wash everything with warm soapy water ;)

Now we know the real reason dazmond got a hot system

G Griffin

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2020, 05:07:05 pm »
It’s almost as bad as the winter of 2010 when the temperatures dropped below -5°C and stayed that way for weeks. This place was great fun that winter.

Times of uncertainty like these definitely brings out the worst in people.
Oh yes, I remember it well .
This is far worse though. I enjoyed that winter; about a month off due to the snow. No child, my Missus worked full time and I had another income back then.
I used to look out of the window before going to bed at night and look forward to a lie in. And the arguing on here.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐