This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mac74

Does anyone know anybody who's got it?
« on: March 28, 2020, 09:27:31 pm »
As above, OR anyone thats been tested for it? customers? friends? family? friends of friends etc?

Splash & dash

Re: Does anyone know anybody who's got it?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 09:31:40 pm »
As above, customers? friends? family? friends of friends etc?

Yes a friend who is a postman and a nurse , neither of whole have been tested but symptoms are right for it

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 09:32:56 pm »
Yes, 4 family members.  1 recovering and the other 3 on the verge of hospitalization! One of whom is only 22 years old!! It isn't looking good at this moment in time!
Comfortably Numb!

jk999

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 09:46:20 pm »
Dazmonds mam and dad

Missing Link

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 10:02:30 pm »
Just people on the internet, though Wor Lass reckons she had it in early February.  I initially discounted her claims as that of a daft Pontypoolian, but now I'm not so sure.

She did have a dry cough - a bad one - and a cold.  Some weeks later her chest still isn't great.  I put it down to over training syndrome since she did a 3 day ultra marathon, running 184 miles pretty much non-stop and advised her to take it easy on the running.

But I've read and listened to some stuff from respectable sources which have weakened my disbelief in her claim.

For example:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/24/coronavirus-may-already-infected-half-uk-population-12451012/

And I listened to some of Dr John Campbell's stuff (on recommendation from David Mark):

Who says there's two strains of Corvid-19.  A dangerous one and a not-so-dangerous one.  He says there's also the possibility that we have both strains in the UK BUT that the not-so-dangerous-one is the prevalent one we have.

He's worth a listen to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYPZHA-UjUY&t=17s
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

nathankaye

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 10:25:37 pm »
Anybody want to throw some apologies this way, for knocking me saying my family n mother in law had it and was getting over the worse of it?

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Mr.G

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 10:52:34 pm »
A distant relative by marriage in hospital with it, tested negative positive negative positve in that order..

koopmaster

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2020, 10:55:49 pm »
My brother had it.. he said he was on his back for a week
. And his kids them got it mildly

Missing Link

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2020, 10:58:42 pm »
Anybody want to throw some apologies this way, for knocking me saying my family n mother in law had it and was getting over the worse of it?

Not me.  I wouldn't dispute such a thing.  Why would I?  So no apology needed.

If someone has, the problem is with them.

TomCrowther

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2020, 11:03:40 pm »
The Manager of my gym and his wife.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2020, 11:04:53 pm »
Nathan I’m very surprised you want to re-visit this!

G Griffin

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2020, 11:14:40 pm »
Were you tested for it?

My Missus has come home from work early today because she's had some symptoms- sore throat, aching, lethargic.
I feel a bit washed out at times and I thought I was starting with a cough last night but it's ok today.
But showing some symptoms is not having coronavirus.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2020, 11:23:32 pm »
My Missus has come home from work early today because she's had some symptoms- sore throat, aching, lethargic.

Hope she's okay, Griff, Corona or not.

G Griffin

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2020, 12:12:46 am »

Hope she's okay, Griff, Corona or not.
She's ok and she was expecting the online thing to say she could work but no.
I hope your Helen's ok, too. The number of people that have said  they've been ill, on and off, since Christmas is frightening.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

nathankaye

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2020, 12:19:16 am »
Were you tested for it?

I feel a bit washed out at times and I thought I was starting with a cough last night but it's ok today.
But showing some symptoms is not having coronavirus.

As i said before,  there is a big difference between the two, if you dont know that then you certainly havent got it.

Testing, so should we revisiting this point?   So quite a number have not been tested and why is that?  It would be lovely for them just to nip over to the kaye family and test them, just so some strangers on CIU can be rest assured, pretty please come out and see me!
Are we registered as having had the virus, yes we are.

Now, please ask the others on here whose family / friends are suffering and how many have been tested and if they think they are trumping up a little cold like symptoms.......
Then ,,,,,,,,,well i cant really say what i would like you to go and do, but lets use our imaginations shall we.

That aside, hope all stay safe and ones who feel they have it etc, then I wish you get through it Ok and dont have any complications which could worsen the situation.
For the rest of you,  this post
(Yes cut from facebook, Mark's post)

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

KS Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2020, 12:39:04 am »
You need to stay off the alcopops Nathan you incoherent fool.

G Griffin

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2020, 12:45:10 am »
Whooa, whooa, Nate; ones keep ones hair on.
Having symptoms doesn't mean that you've had the virus. If you've tested positive you might have had the virus.
And thinking that you've had it doesn't mean that you're in the clear and you can be going round your mother-in-laws and vice versa. That's reckless.
Now I'm doing ones a favour here; and a lot of other people.
You must still follow the guidelines even if you think that you're in the clear.
I'm not having a go at you and I'm trying to be patient because I'm a cynical, old MODDED really.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

lee_dewing

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2020, 12:53:21 am »
Some customers have said there grown up children have had it

My daughter had a recurring Cold
Early February

Headaches, cough, lost voice
Who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️

Chinese admitted through a internet
Leak that there was a new virus
The 33 yr old doctor that broadcast warning died of the virus 🦠

So not unthinkable to think it was in
China September?

So U.K. by January feasible 🤔🤭
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

nathankaye

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2020, 02:17:49 am »
A cold like symptoms will show itself within 3-4 as being just that, a cold.
A sore throat, again will reveal if its a sore throat or part of something else (non corona related)
If you have the corona virus bad enough (as some have reportedly been tested and really feeling any symptoms of being ill), trust me, you will know its different.
By time your at our ages of 40 and plus some, you are able to tell the difference unless you have gone through life without catching all sorts of ailments. Which if you have, i totally envy you!  Yet the most of us will not have done.  So like I have said before, there is a big difference to loosely thinking that you have some symptoms and assuming you are have something which you havent got.
Lol, however if you have met my wife I can forgive you for thinking that  ;D  she does panic when it comes to the kids health, however when you've raised as many kids as myself, thats the one thing you certainly learn quickly over the years not to do.

Again, how many people have had/got the virus and how many have died in the UK?  So many have survived thankfully and it has not been as severe as some unfortunate souls have and yet many have  reportedly had different experiences with it as well.   
The isolation is to protect all the individuals who will succumb to the virus and all of its ailments and by not having a rush on the NHS, then they have a better chance than they would have, if not.

In addition, just to be clear,  No we are not mixing with others and im sure all the individuals who have had and been tested to having the virus are not out there mixing and forming a social group of US and THEM (being ones who are yet to catch it society) 😂😂   
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

G Griffin

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2020, 02:29:41 am »
Nathan, you claim that you've had it, are now immune and can go round your mother-in-laws and her to you.
You can't. You're putting others at risk. If this is your way of beating the lockdown, you are being stupid.
Do what you should be doing because you're not clever enough to get round the lockdown.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐