This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Slacky

Crowdfunding
« on: March 27, 2020, 06:02:40 am »
If this is wrong , inappropriate or plain dumb can someone please say. I’ve never done crowdfunding before so dont know how it works exactly; I mean the behind the scenes stuff, money transfer etc from the website to the individual; but either way its a start in helping someone out whos in a sticky situation right now.

Maybe some of the suppliers might like to help out, generous donations are always great advertising.

If anyone has a valid reason for thinking this is an inappropriate idea I’ll take it down, including the campaign.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/james-styles-covid19-business-survival-fund

James is a nice lad, always searching for the right snd best way to get his window cleaning business established and off the ground. Within a year of starting out as a self-employed window cleaner he has made the reluctant decision  to stop work because of the Coronavirus pandemic.

Just a few quid a month from those in a better off position will help ride out this storm and hopefully come out the other side with his business where it was when all of this stsrted. 

Most of us window cleaners are now entitled to a reasonable lump sum from the Govt, dig deep fellas, lets do the right thing, as we did when Frankie came off his bike a few years ago and couldnt work for a long long time.

deeege

Re: Crowdfunding
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 06:13:06 am »
Sent a bit over.

Good luck to you James.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Slacky

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 06:13:55 am »
I see that, Deeege, nice one.

simon w

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 07:12:52 am »
Whats his window cleaning gear like Slacky? maybe he could rent it out to another shiner while he's not working. Does he have hot and an electric reel, air con, heated seats in the van??

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 07:29:04 am »
I was just about to suggest this myself !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Slacky

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 07:38:04 am »
Whats his window cleaning gear like Slacky? maybe he could rent it out to another shiner while he's not working. Does he have hot and an electric reel, air con, heated seats in the van??

No idea.

Don't know the guy, I just know he's trying and struggling like a lot on here. The fear of financial insecurity can be crippling and he has mentioned previously he has his own share of 'between the ears' stuff going on, like me.

P @ F

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 07:38:23 am »
1 clean just sent James  ;D ;D ;D

jk999

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2020, 07:48:55 am »
Martin Lewis was on last night and said legally you can go back to your old employer and ask them to put you back on their books just so you will get 80%of your old wage from government

G Griffin

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2020, 08:06:50 am »
I was just about to suggest this myself !
Me, too! But I'd have had no idea how to do it.

Brilliant, Matt
I'll sort something out later (if you do one for me too ).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2020, 08:08:16 am »
Martin Lewis was on last night and said legally you can go back to your old employer and ask them to put you back on their books just so you will get 80%of your old wage from government
Good idea, jk, but he's been on the sick.
It could be an option for others.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

P @ F

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2020, 08:09:08 am »
I wouldn’t either !
I would end up sending it to NWH  ;D ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2020, 08:19:26 am »
I wouldn’t either !
I would end up sending it to NWH  ;D ;D
He might need it more than, James.
It sounds like he'll be going back to work anyway.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

P @ F

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2020, 08:47:32 am »
Well done to Matt for setting it up !
I had the same kindness when I had my stroke , not in the form of funding but local boys on here offered to keep my round going and Mr Gardiner sent me some Xtremes to keep the strain down upon returning to the glass .
Just now my way to pay it forward  ;)

P @ F

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2020, 01:09:57 pm »
Doing well Jimbo !
I’m the tightest so far though  ;D

Status Check

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2020, 01:55:53 pm »
If this is wrong , inappropriate or plain dumb can someone please say. I’ve never done crowdfunding before so dont know how it works exactly; I mean the behind the scenes stuff, money transfer etc from the website to the individual; but either way its a start in helping someone out whos in a sticky situation right now.

Maybe some of the suppliers might like to help out, generous donations are always great advertising.

If anyone has a valid reason for thinking this is an inappropriate idea I’ll take it down, including the campaign.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/james-styles-covid19-business-survival-fund

James is a nice lad, always searching for the right snd best way to get his window cleaning business established and off the ground. Within a year of starting out as a self-employed window cleaner he has made the reluctant decision  to stop work because of the Coronavirus pandemic.

Just a few quid a month from those in a better off position will help ride out this storm and hopefully come out the other side with his business where it was when all of this stsrted. 

Most of us window cleaners are now entitled to a reasonable lump sum from the Govt, dig deep fellas, lets do the right thing, as we did when Frankie came off his bike a few years ago and couldnt work for a long long time.

Am I missing something here?  Window cleaners are allowed to work so whats the crowdfunding for? Is he ill in hospital or something?

G Griffin

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2020, 01:59:21 pm »
New starter, small round that he doesn't feel comfortable doing, no grant, has suffered with depression etc.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Status Check

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2020, 02:01:48 pm »
New starter, small round that he doesn't feel comfortable doing, no grant, has suffered with depression etc.

Ahh I see, apologies James.

James Styles

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2020, 02:22:27 pm »
Wow I never expected this 😮 Very kind & thoughtful of you setting this up Slacky much appreciated and thank you to any who have donated really does mean a lot

NWH

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2020, 03:09:13 pm »
I was just gonna suggest doing this 🤣 B******s,I’ve been working boys I tell you all I’ve had so much cream  to get through the last couple of days I feel sick 🤢 lol.

Slacky

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2020, 03:10:55 pm »
James, I just got email you sent from gofundme.

My email is info@oakleywindowcleaning.co.uk.

Use your correct surname as you did in that message so I know its from you, as I.D.

Hope it helps.

Faith/restoration/humanity, it all helps to keep our bonces heading in the right direction.

;D