This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: If police pull us over can we work
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2020, 11:00:49 pm »

Ask them what criminal law you are breaking and tell them to F off.
Do you have a problem with authority, or do you deal with your customers in a similar manner if they are surprised to see you?

ive got a problem with authority ...id tell them to F**k off too..... ;D

only joking.......id say im going to work officer...is that ok with you?
price higher/work harder!

windowswashed

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2020, 09:24:26 am »
A copper was in front of me one evening waiting at a tee junction. He failed to indicate before moving away. Then he had the nerve to stop me a mile up the road to ask me why I was driving late that evening. I explained that I had been visiting my mother who wasn't well.
He started getting shirty with me so I pointed out that he as a road user failed to indicate his intentions at a tee junction further back and that I had it on dashcam, didn't he get his knickers in a twist and get anti with me, flip ping jobs worth. I'm ex army so quite happy to stand up to authority especially when they are total jobs worth

johnwillan

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2020, 09:28:51 am »
Worth a look

https://www.businesssupport.gov.uk/business-closures-and-stay-at-home-faqs/

Does my business need to close?
If your business is on this list, it must close. With the exception of these organisations, the Government has not required any other businesses to close – indeed it is important for business to carry on.

However, you should take every possible step to facilitate working from home, including providing suitable IT and equipment to enable remote working. And if you have people in your offices or onsite you should ensure that they are able to follow Public Health England guidelines including, where possible, maintaining a 2 metre distance from others and washing their hands.

HTH

John

cat9921

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2020, 09:53:47 am »
I will be having the next 2 weeks off as there is a great drive for people  to stay in. But 4 what I can see there is a way that you can work than thats fine

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/11249103/window-cleaners-work-coronavirus-lockdown/

:)

Don Kee

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2020, 10:29:07 am »
I’d say, “are you taking the proverbial pi55 officer, it’s plastered all over the van..?!”.

Paul-kent

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2020, 10:45:31 am »
If the police pull me over I will ask to borrow his uniform and badge so I can go shopping :-X

JackieW

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2020, 11:01:25 am »
I have rang my county police headquarters and asked whether I could carry on working.

The desk said they  had a member of the public  ringing to report a window cleaner working in their street today . A PCSO had been sent to investigate. The desk said they would get in touch with the PCSO to find out the result and get back to me.

They rang me back to say the PCSO had decided it wasn't essential work and therefore should stop.

Now, I get it that this one  PSCO is hardly the definitive authority on this matter and another PCSO could just as likely decide otherwise.

But I wouldn't want to be seen in my round arguing with what looks like a police officer telling me to stop and go home.

I'm still off this week and wondering about Monday of next.

I suggest everyone ring their local police HQ to ask for advice.

P @ F

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2020, 11:25:09 am »
I have lots of buddies in the force , one is an inspector , I will WhatsApp him now !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Dave Willis

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2020, 11:46:52 am »
Old Bill by any chance?

P @ F

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2020, 11:56:40 am »
Straight from the Inspector

G Griffin

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2020, 12:03:21 pm »
Say Nicola Sturgeon made you work.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

CleanClear

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2020, 12:08:29 pm »
I'm ex army so quite happy to stand up to authority especially when they are total jobs worth

Good story mate, they obviously picked on the wrong fella eh ? Imagine if it was the other way round and you never indicated ? You'd be thanking them for telling you, oh no, they be telling.. hang on i'm confused. But are you saying they definatley didn't indicate ? If so report it online its easy to do.  ;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

P @ F

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2020, 01:05:30 pm »
Copper has just driven past me , he waved and drove on !

I didn’t know this one though  ;D

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2020, 01:09:38 pm »
I have asked my MP to email a letter for me to keep with me.  The office was fine with me working.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3