This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

p1w1

So taxi drivers and hairdressers etc who are not working at the moment get the same one off payment in June as us but we can carry on working earning as well?
You won’t get the same payout because you are earning, eg if you are earning 1000 a month this will be deducted from the 2500, so you will be left with 80% of 1500 as a payout....assuming you have earned enough over the last 3 years. I think that will be the jist of it anyway.
If we are able to keep working not many on here will be able to claim anyway as they either clean big houses and earn over 100 quid an hour or they earn 400 quid a day  for part time hours.
I thought I heard that and it now makes sense.
That doesn't sound right to me, the way i saw it they will go over your last 3 years of accounts of net profit and then see what your average monthly wage was and then you get 80% of that up to a maximum of £2500. The above would be silly lets say you only earned 500 a month and take that of £2500 that means you would be a hell of a lot better off. Or am i missing something?

johnny bravo

So how long will we have to wait until we  are contacted.        some will not get contacted Regardless.    2+ months of waiting to hear nothing.
You will be wishing you went to work

Taxi drivers cabs are a  enclosed box of Virusus.       I will not get in one,     Coughing and touching the seats , door handles,    everything in a cab is a hotspot.

We  are 100%       not like this

HampshireWindowCleaning

Will be be allowed to apply for Universal Credit aswell? I know it's only £90 odd quid a week but that will add up between now and June and will pay a few bills.
When you apply it asks you to book appointment to complete claim 😂 f***in idiots, means I have to phone to book interview (bet they’ll be a long wait on call) then drive to the place and most likely be a lot of people there which is AGAINST what the government want the f***in prats!! 😡
So you can't just claim online then, you have to actually have an interview with someone at the benefits office?

KS Cleaning

I got this from my accountant. The bulletpoints might make things a little easier to understand.

dazmond

Oh well, I’ve been SE for 10 months, so looks like all I’m entitled to is universal credit ffs, people will say “carry on working” but my round is small and I have quite a few old customers who don’t pay online, I have some that I need to go through the house, I still have some messers and the other ones most likely just won’t want me cleaning the windows at this moment, plus it’s only likely to become worse so stricter lockdowns will most likely happen which means I couldn’t work for long anyways. Fed up.

i dont think we re going to have a stricter lockdown mate...this is it i reckon,.......its already pretty harsh for the UK....

just go out to work and see how your customers are....you might be surprised...they might be pleased to see you,you ll be out in the fresh air and you just might make a bit of money to tide you over for now......
price higher/work harder!

johnny bravo

£2500 is the most the highest earners will receive,   anyone earning over £200.000   get a big fat O  That is if you get contacted at all

G Griffin

also dont contact them...THEYLL CONTACT YOU IF YOUR ELIGIBLE! ::)roll

better get off to work lads

To be eligible you need to have submitted a tax return for 2019 and have profits of under 50k.
The tax year's not even over yet .
Are they getting some iou's in?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

deeege

Quoted from the BBC.

At least half their income needs to have come from self-employment as registered on the 2019-20 tax return filed in January, or averaged over the three previous years. Company owners who pay themselves a dividend are not covered.

Even though 100% of my income is now from self employment only 30% was on my last tax return.

I’ll get nothing. Great.

@deeege, I got the impression that you were a seasoned shiner. How did you get all your commercial work in such a short time?

Been going about 11 years. My problem is for 10 of those years I was a LTD company and recently gone self employed. (Lost a large contract and didn’t need or want to be LTD anymore) If only I’d done that the previous year 😬
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

matty72

i've lost about £140 today in work commercial thank god i dont have a massive amount of commercial but do expect to lose it all i feel for the guys who have loads , I worked today again as i just feel you have to if people are happy with it, im sure im going to lose a percentage of income who knows when or if i can get it back, after this poop virus has been defeated we will then have a economical problem who knows how bad, the cleaners that are not working for moral reasons I understand but how long  do you do it for a year, two years, three years my point is everyone has different levels and problems, if they say DONT WORK  DONT GO OUT, we all wouldn't but there not saying that they are leaving it up to us to decide, i dont think anyones decision is wrong or right, let's all stay safe avoid all contact, and clap for the NHS.

p1w1

To be eligible you need to have submitted a tax return for 2019 and have profits of under 50k.
lol i thought that, but that would be 2020 accounts so not eligible

zesty

It’s the 2018/2019 tax year.

deeege

18/19 tax year that is, was supposed to be filed in January. They’ve given the late filers and extra 4 weeks from now to file that return, knowing that they will be eligible for 80% back as a grant. Leaves it dangerously ope to fraud imo.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

KS Cleaning

So taxi drivers and hairdressers etc who are not working at the moment get the same one off payment in June as us but we can carry on working earning as well?
You won’t get the same payout because you are earning, eg if you are earning 1000 a month this will be deducted from the 2500, so you will be left with 80% of 1500 as a payout....assuming you have earned enough over the last 3 years. I think that will be the jist of it anyway.
If we are able to keep working not many on here will be able to claim anyway as they either clean big houses and earn over 100 quid an hour or they earn 400 quid a day  for part time hours.
I thought I heard that and it now makes sense.
That doesn't sound right to me, the way i saw it they will go over your last 3 years of accounts of net profit and then see what your average monthly wage was and then you get 80% of that up to a maximum of £2500. The above would be silly lets say you only earned 500 a month and take that of £2500 that means you would be a hell of a lot better off. Or am i missing something?
You are correct, I was wrong, it’s a grant.....yyiipppeeeee🤑

Missing Link

Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

pikeman

what about partnership. i suppose both partners are covered.

matty72

i meant to say the cleaners who are not working

G Griffin

lol i thought that, but that would be 2020 accounts so not eligible
Yeah, I was being silly.
File your tax return early and you'll get the grant.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

deeege

what about partnership. i suppose both partners are covered.

How do you pay yourself? If by PAYE or as self employed profits you ‘should’ be covered. If by dividend then you get 0.

Clean Cloth

I am going to do my accounts in April like I did last year to get it over and done with, so that will give HMRC 2019/20 and 2018/19 to hopefully get an average because I only started self employment in January 2018 and had profits of about £1500 until April 5th (3 months).

deeege

I am going to do my accounts in April like I did last year to get it over and done with, so that will give HMRC 2019/20 and 2018/19 to hopefully get an average because I only started self employment in January 2018 and earned about £1500 until April 5th (3 months).

Have they said this can be done? I thought it was 18/19 and the two previous years only? Surely allowing the next return leaves it far too open to fraud?