This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Re: I知 Now Thinking I should Have Gone To Work
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2020, 11:29:58 am »
Ventured out to the local shop for some essentials.

Drove past a retail park on the way, full of people.

There was a b&m a range and a b&q all open. People still swanning around the town centre.

Saw a group of chavs hanging out on a corner.

No one gives a feck, starting to think I dropped a bollock also.

G Griffin

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2020, 11:36:10 am »
Ventured out to the local shop for some essentials.

Drove past a retail park on the way, full of people.

There was a b&m a range and a b&q all open. People still swanning around the town centre.

Saw a group of chavs hanging out on a corner.

No one gives a feck, starting to think I dropped a bollock also.
That's not true. Where's your Dunkirk spirit?
The situation will be clearer in a few days.
You should do the right thing even if others are not.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

P @ F

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2020, 11:36:53 am »
The trouble is as usual , nothing has been made clear enough .
I was ready to clean today but did not in the end .

The new housing estate site opposite my parents house is biz as usual , the glass factory up the road is still open .

And my Mrs has a friend who lives in a nice house at one of the local beaches .........
And guess what .... the beach is packed  :o
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Tomo

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2020, 12:00:50 pm »
Thanks @G Griffin appreciate that 😊👍. Its difficult times for us all  but  of all the ones in it together we all are for sure. I've had the business going for 23 yrs ( I'm 46) I plan on working in this industry the next 23yrs (😅 glutten for punishment)....I've no choice lol

johnny bravo

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2020, 12:09:49 pm »
Put on my fb page I will not be working as I do not class myself as a essential worker.    Lots of likes,   Also saying our windows will still need cleaning when this is over.

Some seem to think they are immune from Passing or even getting this Virus.      You can pass it on even when keeping your distance

Dave Willis

« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2020, 12:15:19 pm »
Bloody virus! I知 burnt to a crisp!

Slacky

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2020, 12:21:53 pm »
You can pass it on even when keeping your distance

I think that痴 likely to be a little extreme. If not, could you show us where this information is available please.

johnwillan

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2020, 12:23:21 pm »
We have closed for the foreseeable future.

Unfortunately 10 of my chaps are Self Employed Franchisees, they are advised to "Park" all debt, gain access to "Short Term Cash" via Overdraft or Loan and wait for further notice - I've seen a draft "Bill" due to go through the "House" providing  support to the Self Employed in the same vain as the "Job Retention Scheme" - they need to HURRY UP!

Understand and hope that our employees are covered by the "Job Retention Scheme" - Time will tell.

I stress that it's "hopefully" a short term issue, we'll still have a job/business to return to, in the meantime we need to do all we can as a Society to get through this SAFE & Fast.

Keep well.

John 

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2020, 12:23:34 pm »
Put on my fb page I will not be working as I do not class myself as a essential worker.    Lots of likes,   Also saying our windows will still need cleaning when this is over.

Some seem to think they are immune from Passing or even getting this Virus.      You can pass it on even when keeping your distance

Like dickead daz. He thinks it痴 impossible to give and receive the virus.

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2020, 12:24:39 pm »
We stopped work today - based on the statement by the PM last night - even tho im at a higher risk than a lot of people im not in a panic, more of a concerned type mode - my general attitude would be to carry on, however sensible pre cautions need to be observed - which as can clearly be seen is not happening - people crowding into pubs, or the seaside towns etc... you have the deniers like Dazmond who think they can do as they please, the Chris Turners of this world who post absolute sh!t and haven't got two brain cells to rub together - and a general core of selfish people who just won't listen or observe issued guidelines.

It was CLEARLY stated that we should stay at home UNLESS -  food shopping - require medical treatment or work is ESSENTIAL - I can't see by any stretch of the imagination window cleaning as essential - can you ?

Its about time people realised that they just can't do what they want when they want - think of the venerable ones - if you really need some human contact use FaceTime

Darran

Fantastic post Darren.

chris turner

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2020, 12:37:02 pm »
We stopped work today - based on the statement by the PM last night - even tho im at a higher risk than a lot of people im not in a panic, more of a concerned type mode - my general attitude would be to carry on, however sensible pre cautions need to be observed - which as can clearly be seen is not happening - people crowding into pubs, or the seaside towns etc... you have the deniers like Dazmond who think they can do as they please, the Chris Turners of this world who post absolute sh!t and haven't got two brain cells to rub together - and a general core of selfish people who just won't listen or observe issued guidelines.

It was CLEARLY stated that we should stay at home UNLESS -  food shopping - require medical treatment or work is ESSENTIAL - I can't see by any stretch of the imagination window cleaning as essential - can you ?

Its about time people realised that they just can't do what they want when they want - think of the venerable ones - if you really need some human contact use FaceTime

Darran

Just seen this Darren.
You know I have always had respect for you but not any more.
Tell me, how do you know I'm posting sh!t?
Do I often come on here and make up a load of bo!!ocks like certain other members?
How have you come to the presumption that I'm posting sh!t? Also where is your proof of my lack of brain cells? Please give specifics, really.
I nearly posted the full transcript of my conversation with said person earlier, as I hate being called a liar. I decided not to because if it gets shared on social media etc then I could get in the sh!t and so could he.
All I can say Darren is that if you truly believe I'm talking "sh!t", then I truly hope it comes back and bites you in the a$$.

chris turner

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2020, 12:44:38 pm »
Also Darren, you ARE talking sh!t. Proof?
It has been clearly stated that you may continue to work if you cannot work from home. Get your facts right. ::)roll
Just because many on here have chosen not to work, doesn't mean the rest of us can't.
I have chosen to finish as of today for my own reasons but if anyone wants to carry on then they are allowed, for now at least.

NWH

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2020, 01:42:45 pm »
No you can稚 choose to work you have been told you can稚 work lol Jesus Christ I値l get Boris to say listen now all window cleaners this means you too,you can try and justify it all you like to yourself you shouldn稚 be working.

G Griffin

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2020, 01:47:21 pm »
It has been clearly stated that you may continue to work if you cannot work from home. Get your facts right. ::)roll
Just because many on here have chosen not to work, doesn't mean the rest of us can't.
I have chosen to finish as of today for my own reasons but if anyone wants to carry on then they are allowed, for now at least.
He's not talking poo!
Calm down, la.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NWH

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2020, 01:51:54 pm »
Go out and do as much work as you can before you know it it値l be all over the news the fact that window cleaners couldn稚 give a toss about what痴 going on in the world and they all shop at B&M and wear tracksuits to work.

chris turner

« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2020, 01:59:25 pm »
He's not talking poo!
Calm down, la.

He's misinterpreted fact, same thing as talking sh!t.
Fact is, you can go to work if you cannot work from home.  He left that out and yet is calling out others with his misinformation. Talking super smelly SH!T in my opinion.

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2020, 05:00:03 pm »
This is about what is Moral not what you need to earn
Morally right is putting the need of others above the needs of yourself.
Stay home now and get this extinguished or go to work and keep this situation for months.
Spit and polish

Bungle

« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2020, 05:10:04 pm »
I read this on another forum. I think it sums it all up for us really. For me working today would致e been like turning up for work on a Sunday and thinking it was ok to do so.

I went out for 2 hours, all my customers were ok for me to clean the windows and pay by bacs. I started to get some strange looks from other people like I was doing something wrong, it made me feel very on edge and guilty like I was doing something wrong .

I was intending to carry on but then some **** shouted out of his car that I should be at home.
After that I started to feel worse, everyone was at home and some family痴 in there gardens.

I just couldn稚 carry on.
So I went home.
We look at them, they look through them.

windowswashed

« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2020, 06:20:09 pm »
Prior to Boris with his announcement to shut the country yesterday, I had phoned/text customers to say I would be around today. Although I have practised social distancing right from the very start along with hygiene and wearing disposable gloves and staying away from loved ones as one of the first cases in Devon happened to be one of my customers.
I waited until this morning at a sociable time to inform them I would follow the governments plea to stay at home and that window cleaning has been postponed for at least three weeks. Everyone was fine about it.
I wouldn't feel right working with everyone playing their part by staying at home isolating themselves. I have loved ones who I have stayed away from for the past four weeks so a bit longer won't hurt, just want them all to stay safe, healthy and in good spirit.

poles apart

« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2020, 06:26:34 pm »