This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dougaldums

Jobs
« on: March 19, 2020, 09:02:38 pm »
Been told to night from someone who works at Aldi is they are taking on more workers
So if fancy it it will bring money in

nathankaye

Re: Jobs
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 09:08:29 pm »
Been told to night from someone who works at Aldi is they are taking on more workers
So if fancy it it will bring money in

I think its the same as my other post about Asda. I think they are taking on temp workers to help with the extra deliveries the supermarkets are making because of the panick buyers emptying the shelves
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 09:11:24 pm »
If we get locked down and can't clean windows for a couple of months then why not if you need the money.

I wouldn't do it because it would be putting yourself at a big risk of catching this thing but that aside it's quite appealing.

windowswashed

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 10:42:27 pm »
I wouldn't wish to be a supermarket checkout operator in close proximity to Joe public thank you very much. There's other's hiring like delivery drivers

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 10:50:51 pm »
id rather clean windows for free and earn no money than work in aldi! ;D
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 10:51:56 pm »
I wouldn't wish to be a supermarket checkout operator in close proximity to Joe public thank you very much. There's other's hiring like delivery drivers

aldi are putting in plastic screens for check out staff from monday

windowswashed

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2020, 10:54:22 pm »
If you had a mortgage and kids and up to your neck in debt you would do many things to get financially by. I took out a mortgage on my own and quit five jobs to ensure I could pay all my bills. twenty one years later I live rent free in a freehold house I can call my own so one less thing to worry about now, thank damn.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2020, 05:43:10 am »

I quite enjoy your optimism normally Daz - but that is a bit crass.
It's a game of three halves!

deeege

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2020, 06:54:32 am »

Easy enough for you to say that Daz, with no dependants and small monthly outgoings. You could even go bunk with your mrs in a worse case scenario.

There’s plenty on here that’ll have big mortgages/rent and a family to support and a very uncertain future right now.

I’d do whatever it would take to put food on my table for my kids, be it work in a supermarket, Macdonalds or even sweep the streets.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

G Griffin

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2020, 07:42:07 am »

Easy enough for you to say that Daz, with no dependants and small monthly outgoings. You could even go bunk with your mrs in a worse case scenario.

There’s plenty on here that’ll have big mortgages/rent and a family to support and a very uncertain future right now.

I’d do whatever it would take to put food on my table for my kids, be it work in a supermarket, Macdonalds or even sweep the streets.
Well said, deeege.
Ask not what your country can do for you........
And you'd also be classed as a key worker meaning your children could be in school. Children being off school for six months is not good. Unless they are infected or at risk, of course.
Thousands of children are not going to self isolate and 20,000 troops on the streets won't change that.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2020, 08:05:38 am »
It's not a bad idea at all, if you've been cleaning windows years and you shut down for say 6 months.

Then why not go and get a job for a few months, even if you don't need the money it's something to do. Have a change, make the most of a bad situation..meet new people, have a laugh etc.

I wouldn't choose a supermarket but being out In the fresh air picking some veg sounds alright lol

P @ F

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2020, 09:05:25 am »
I’m group A so supermarkets are not for me , I will just be checking first who wants the windows doing , online only pay and do what I can with much care until the work dries up .

Then I will sit at home with a big COVID sign in the window and wait for a brave or dumb bailiff to take my stuff or eject me  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Ooooooog

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2020, 09:09:48 am »
It's not a bad idea at all, if you've been cleaning windows years and you shut down for say 6 months.

Then why not go and get a job for a few months, even if you don't need the money it's something to do. Have a change, make the most of a bad situation..meet new people, have a laugh etc.

I wouldn't choose a supermarket but being out In the fresh air picking some veg sounds alright lol

😂

Back breaking.

But yes, I’ll do any work, and have in the past, to feed the family and keep warm.

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2020, 05:37:59 pm »

Yeah your right I apologize Danny...it was a crass statement to make.....

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2020, 05:41:33 pm »

You ve obviously not worked on a farm before.....its hard, back breaking work at times.....a lot harder than waving a pole about

deeege

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2020, 05:43:53 pm »

Yeah your right I apologize Danny...it was a crass statement to make.....

No offence taken Daz. 👍
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

RPCCS

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2020, 05:50:08 pm »
If We get shut down, I will go and apply for supermarket delivery driver, or see if there are any jobs for 7.5 ton wagon drivers.
Cheers Rich

G Griffin

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2020, 05:54:03 pm »
If We get shut down, I will go and apply for supermarket delivery driver, or see if there are any jobs for 7.5 ton wagon drivers.
You need to go on a diet.
Seriously, I think there'll be loads of jobs for you.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

david mark

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2020, 06:53:04 pm »
One job I won't do is delivery of Chinese take away