Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mjm

Flyer drops or not
« on: March 19, 2020, 02:28:02 pm »
I have had a few cancellations  3  whole houses carpet cleans and upholstery   iam in london not  that's a big issue  this chicken flue is starting to get silly I have just been to Asda no food at all on shelves and lidl  the same

Basically should I wait to drop these flyers or are you still delivering them

RPCCS

Re: Flyer drops or not
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 05:13:54 pm »
I did an estate at the weekend and never had a sniff, got loads of local estates to do, but don’t see any point atm  as unnecessary contact has been stopped. May as well wait until either the all clear is given or things settle down..
Cheers Rich

mjm

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 05:32:56 pm »
Boris has just put out  12 weeks and should be getting there  london is in turmoil   no shops have food in them  :(

homenclean

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 06:34:23 pm »
I’d hold fire a week or two if you can, as the country adjusts to the situation things will improve , people’s state of mind will change and it will become the new normal for the time being.

Hopefully in the coming days, weeks the scientists will get a grip and find a way for us to live safely in the presence of the virus, testing to see if you have had it and if you have developed immunity will be a great leveller.

A calm optimism is now what’s need along with good leadership.

Take care, be sensible and we come out the other end.

John

RPCCS

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 07:55:20 am »
Boris has just put out  12 weeks and should be getting there  london is in turmoil   no shops have food in them  :(
. That’s just telling people what they want to hear, 12 weeks to the peak, not 12 weeks until it’s over.
It’s the same here in Newcastle; all shops are empty. No meat, fish, veg, fruit, frozen food ,bread or tinned food and bog  rolls.
Cheers Rich

homenclean

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 08:18:52 am »
Yes same in North Yorkshire unless they get to grips with the supermarkets anarchy  will break out.

People are quite rightly worried but we have to take a step back  and stay as calm as possible, this is not just in the uk but across the world. I have family in Switzerland and Belgium and things are bad.

The next problem is cash as people can’t work where does the income come from.

Has anyone successfully claimed this small business grant?

What about the business interference loans?

Got a job to do this morning then I will do some digging, I also have a friend  who’s a financial expert and he’s looking at what I could claim, if I find out anything I will post on here.

The way it is going my garden will never have looked so good, got an old machine I am rebuilding and decorating to do. Got to keep busy.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2020, 08:23:20 am »
Everyone needs to move to East Yorkshire, supermarkets still full of food, no queues, people just getting on with their lives.

Bog roll is an issue but that because of idiots,
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

mjm

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2020, 08:29:08 am »
Finally got the shopping 150 people in a queue  for lidl feel sorry for the sauvmnsbury and the other chains that shop will be empty by 3pm there next delivery is wed  :o