Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Peter Hobbs

Carpet Cleaning Leads
« on: March 06, 2020, 11:35:57 am »
Hi everyone,

I have a hypothetical question I need answering and I would be interested in hearing honest answers from other UK carpet cleaners and carpet cleaning company's.

If you were offered high quality carpet cleaning leads from a credible source,  what is the maximum amount of money you would pay for these leads on a monthly basis?

The leads would be:

- 50-60 total leads per month
- A total value of £7-8k in total job value per month
- Average job price of £130
- Exclusive leads. Only sent directly to you, no other cleaners or company's
- From people in your local area, looking to book right now
- Leads sent instantly to your inbox as they were received
- For carpet, curtain and upholstery cleaning.
- Leads have approximately 75% conversation rate

Based on the above, what fixed price would you be willing to pay a company each month to receive these leads?

Thanks!!!

Lewis Newby

Re: Carpet Cleaning Leads
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 02:14:26 pm »
I don't know about the other guys on here,but me personally - if you said to me I can guarantee you £5k worth each month consistently I wouldn't believe you . But assuming you could deliver those leads and conversion was 75% or there abouts I'd be quite happy to pay maybe £300-£500 per month

mjm

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 04:32:16 pm »
I will give you my opinion     
No thank you I would rather find my own work

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 05:15:11 pm »
15% of money earned.

According to industry standards you should spend 15% of your income on marketing, so if this hypothetical scenario is offering what it says then you would not need to spend that 15%......so could pay it as a commission.

But what is suggested would be hard to do.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Peter Hobbs

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 06:48:50 pm »
I don't know about the other guys on here,but me personally - if you said to me I can guarantee you £5k worth each month consistently I wouldn't believe you . But assuming you could deliver those leads and conversion was 75% or there abouts I'd be quite happy to pay maybe £300-£500 per month

It's certainly possible and is definitely legit. Thanks for your reply : )

I will give you my opinion     
No thank you I would rather find my own work

No problem, each to their own.

15% of money earned.

According to industry standards you should spend 15% of your income on marketing, so if this hypothetical scenario is offering what it says then you would not need to spend that 15%......so could pay it as a commission.

Thanks, this was somewhere near the region I was thinking, 10-20%...

dustee

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2020, 10:27:27 pm »
75% conversion rate  , can this be verified or is it just a sales pitch

I'd want proof of  the conversion rate before parting with any pennies

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2020, 09:16:08 am »
Proving a conversation rate is tricky it depends on how good a salesmen you are, I can convert 50% of leads but I have a much higher average job price so it still works out well.

This  is a hypothetical  post as average job price is also subjective
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Dave_Lee

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2020, 04:08:53 pm »
This is something that I have been thinking about should I need to retire at anytime. CC's that I have known have had great difficulty in selling their business as an ongoing concern, and usually end up just selling their equipment.
I have been in this business for 40 years and have built up excellent repeat business with customers and a good relationship. If I was to retire tomorrow, customers calling, would be disappionted that I couldn't carry out the work they wanted doing.  I am confident though, that they would take my recommendation of who to call.
I could either offer these quality leads as a pure, as when they come in deal at £? per lead.
Or, I could sell my database outright and promise to relay on, all calls that I continued to receive for a couple of years or indefinately.
You can lose a lot of money on hit and miss marketing, and providing the CC in question is charging around the same as myself, i think this would be an excellent deal for them. A trial period would prove it's worth.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2020, 12:54:41 pm »
Mike

you know you should never feed the troll

Respects

John Higgins

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2020, 02:24:43 pm »
15% of money earned.

How Much Would You pay for individual leads that convert to jobs... If it didn't convert you don't pay.

Martin OBrien

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2020, 08:17:04 pm »
Hi everyone,

I have a hypothetical question I need answering and I would be interested in hearing honest answers from other UK carpet cleaners and carpet cleaning company's.

If you were offered high quality carpet cleaning leads from a credible source,  what is the maximum amount of money you would pay for these leads on a monthly basis?

The leads would be:

- 50-60 total leads per month
- A total value of £7-8k in total job value per month
- Average job price of £130
- Exclusive leads. Only sent directly to you, no other cleaners or company's
- From people in your local area, looking to book right now
- Leads sent instantly to your inbox as they were received
- For carpet, curtain and upholstery cleaning.
- Leads have approximately 75% conversation rate

Based on the above, what fixed price would you be willing to pay a company each month to receive these leads?

Thanks!!!

Hi Peter, that deal sounds to good to be true...!! But if the company can deliver leads to you so you can sit them and sell 75% of them, thats fantastic.. if they can deliver £8K of sales then thats worth £1200.00 - £1500.00
I have seen a company called No1 Carpet cleaners promising £2K a week for technicians, but you will ge expected to work 15 hours a day and a massive slice of the £2K kicks back to them...
If it was me i would want to hear proof from other carpet cleaners who are pulling in £8K a month on a regular basis before parting with any cash... hope this helps you..

Martin..

madeads

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2020, 07:54:34 pm »
Hi Peter, that deal sounds to good to be true...!! But if the company can deliver leads to you so you can sit them and sell 75% of them, thats fantastic.. if they can deliver £8K of sales then thats worth £1200.00 - £1500.00
I have seen a company called No1 Carpet cleaners promising £2K a week for technicians, but you will ge expected to work 15 hours a day and a massive slice of the £2K kicks back to them...
If it was me i would want to hear proof from other carpet cleaners who are pulling in £8K a month on a regular basis before parting with any cash... hope this helps you..

Martin..

Normally, when you buy leads you can always try a small sample to see what the quality is like, so there's no need to go for any expensive packages before you see what the results are like.

Any reputable company selling leads (if such exist) would offer this, but I would argue that this is not the best way to acquire leads.

The best way would be to manage the complete lead generation process yourself, where you are in full control, such as Google Ads. It might cost more, but the leads come directly to your website through the search engine, and there are no middleman.

If you aren't technical or not into advertising, guys who manage Google Ads can be a good choice, but there are a lot of "experts" out there, so if you do go down this route, then it might worth asking around before you go with a particular company.

Mr Dvae

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2020, 10:39:20 pm »
I would pay nothing.  Until I learnt more. For example how close to me would these jobs be as I don’t want to be travelling all over the country,  the logistics of running a carpet cleaning company dictate that turnover is not relative to net profit. 
What type of customer are they,   Low quality ie really dirty carpet expecting low price or high quality paying a good price and carpets don’t really need cleaning.
What proportion of these leads are window shopping or are they ready to buy (hot leads).
As per above, for these reasons I prefer to do my own marketing instead of chasing someone else’s  business.
If they were  all “hot leads” then I might pay up to £1000

John Higgins

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2020, 04:45:12 pm »
What about 10% of the converted lead value only pay for leads that converted have been toying with the idea for a while
Would carpet cleaners be interested in that pricing structure?

15% of money earned.

Mr Dvae

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2020, 08:12:00 pm »
Make sure you pay in arrears, ive seen this sort of thing before only to not get the goods but be out of pocket, after all any invoice due to be paid is not legally overdue until 30 days.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2020, 09:19:52 pm »
It does sound too good to be true and I’d tell them that, you could ask for ask for 1 week trial .

Average of £130 job ticket is number crunchingly awkward as if they offer you a £130 job and it’s a single 12ft x 12ft carpet great but if it’s a 3pc and thru lounge then you’re losing out.