This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Graham Cook

Help PLEASE!
« on: March 04, 2020, 07:49:30 pm »

Hi guys,

This happened today😱. Can someone advise if this is a whole new pump or is the part replaceable?!

Any replies would be appreciated,

Cheers Cookie

TomCrowther

Re: Help PLEASE!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 08:24:28 pm »
It is replaceable but you will have a job getting the broken bit out.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 09:27:32 pm »
That’s the inlet so doesn’t run under pressure, if you can’t get that out you need to blank it off and use the inlet on the opposite of the pump.

If you can’t get the snapped bit out I would thread a steel bolt into the alloy of the snapped part..... using 2 part apoxy to seal it
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Graham Cook

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 09:39:32 pm »

Many thanks for your replies; Mike, is this the 2nd inlet you mentioned? Also,  very basic question but what is that actually broke off? The machine is a gx390 and kept cutting out when I pressed the trigger on my lance. Google suggested it was the diverter valve and I was in the process of taking it apart when that snapped off.

Thanks again

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 09:49:40 pm »
You want a bolt extractor, they are tapered and twist l/h as it bites into the broken piece it will unwind it out of the thread - if you don’t fancy the job an engineering company will have them and maybe a decent garage ( you know a proper old fashioned one, not a fast fit type of place )

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 07:21:06 am »
Yes that one.  It’s the inline filter to stop crap getting into the pump.

If you are handy The best option is to us a  bolt extractor like smudge mentions,

Graham Cook

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2020, 09:07:03 pm »

Guys, many thanks for your replies. My mom works for an engineering firm and they're taking the broken bit out for me on monday.

I've got the replacement part as attached but is there a certain way around it goes? I.e green up or green down? Know its a daft question but the pics show it in both orientations.

Secondly, on my initial photo where exactly would the diverter valve be? I am quite handy and need to take it apart to check if that was what was causing the cut outs/backfires

Thanks again

Cookie

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2020, 09:45:32 pm »
Green Down, so when you unscrew it the water and any crap in the filter fall downwards. But you need another fitting. the QC & inlet of the filter are female so you need a double male to connect the QC onto the filter. The male thread of the filter fits into the pump

The down loader pictured in your first post fits on the top smaller, top outlet of the pump head. Is that what your second question referred to?

Graham Cook

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2020, 10:16:24 pm »
Hi Mike and thanks, ive managed to salvage the QC and double male from the broken filter so thats all good, gonna put some ptfe on and tighten it up when I come to fit it.

As I said, my machine began to backfire and then just die as soon as I pressed my lance trigger. Google said maybe a diverter valve issue so I'm just trying to locate the small spring part of it to check its moving freely before I do anything else.   I was hoping its location would be easily identifiable from my initial picture?

Cheers

Cookie

Graham Cook

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2020, 10:50:57 pm »
By diverter valve I DO mean UNLOADER valve! My bad🤪