Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dry Clean

Re: Retirement plans
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2020, 08:45:14 am »
I don’t think it’d be a struggle to pay another  £2-300 on top of my bills. If your going to sign up for a repayment btl then your asking for trouble because you’ve not thought about when the tenant moves out whether you can afford to pay the 2nd mortgage.
You’ve got lots of experience with btl but your figures are completely off? How do you work that out then?
You aren’t taxed if the tenant isn’t paying rent!
Ok looks like my figers are totally off any experience I may have isnt relevant and incorrect.
Buy a rental with a low deposit  :) you'll make loads of annual rental profits your right I'm wrong.
Now need to set off to work chat laterz  :)
You will make very little in the short term, but how much rent will you be getting on the property in forty years time, we are talking about retirement plans and not short term gain.

deeege

« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2020, 10:58:38 am »
Having a BTL or two on an interest only mortgage isn’t an option for a retirement plan though is it as mortgages will only be able to go up to 68-70 years old max. If there’s been no repayment provision you’ll have no choice but to sell them.

Unless I’m missing something?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Perfect Windows

« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2020, 11:02:21 am »
If you're investing long-term, the evidence is that shares are a better purchase than property. Buy the lowest overall charge index fund in the lowest charge SIPP and forget it.

https://alanmillerscm.wordpress.com/tag/scm-direct/

If you're investing for your retirement short-term, you're stuffed whichever you choose. You need time to allow the magic of compound interest to work.  (And, frankly, if you're close to retirement you should be wise enough to know that 'get rich quick' never works out.)

Vin

NWH

« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2020, 12:26:23 pm »
You won’t beat property money makes money if you’ve got capital to invest you buy a property do it up and mortgage it for 6 months and then sell you’ll very rarely fail,I know this from the other side of the family that have done this countless times and still do it today.
Someone once said to me when I was about 16 you’ll never lose with bricks and mortar long term and he was right,I’ve bought and sold over the years and pardon the pun moved up the ladder,you lose with property if you can’t afford to sit on a particular property until the market changes. 

KS Cleaning

« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2020, 04:02:08 pm »
I don’t think it’d be a struggle to pay another  £2-300 on top of my bills. If your going to sign up for a repayment btl then your asking for trouble because you’ve not thought about when the tenant moves out whether you can afford to pay the 2nd mortgage.
You’ve got lots of experience with btl but your figures are completely off? How do you work that out then?
You aren’t taxed if the tenant isn’t paying rent!
Ok looks like my figers are totally off any experience I may have isnt relevant and incorrect.
Buy a rental with a low deposit  :) you'll make loads of annual rental profits your right I'm wrong.
Now need to set off to work chat laterz  :)
You’re  right, your figures are way off. Agents fees, maintenance, repairs etc etc are all tax deductible.

G Griffin

« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2020, 06:16:31 pm »
I'm going to die as soon as I retire or do a Hatton Garden job.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Shrek

« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2020, 08:41:09 pm »
Having a BTL or two on an interest only mortgage isn’t an option for a retirement plan though is it as mortgages will only be able to go up to 68-70 years old max. If there’s been no repayment provision you’ll have no choice but to sell them.

You will have to think about whether your going to sell when your ready to retire or start paying the mortgage off as and when

KS Cleaning

« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2020, 09:06:12 pm »

Unless you’re needing the income from a BTL for a wage you are better with capital and interest mortgage. I’m in the process of re mortgaging my BTL’s just now and am getting an interest rate of just over 2%. The plan is to overpay then when the 5 years fixed term is up I will then decide what to do with the equity, twist or stick.

Shrek

« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2020, 08:05:18 pm »

Crystal-clear

« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2020, 08:33:18 pm »
You’re  right, your figures are way off. Agents fees, maintenance, repairs etc etc are all tax deductible.
[/quote]

They certainly are however it eats into your profits and with the new rules been taxed on basically a big section of the interest element of your loan and another expenses with a high loan ratio it could push you into a higher tax bracket (the section of the morgage which is technicalally an expense isnt tax detectable as it once was) it would be as making more profit when technically you're not receiving it if you know what I'm trying to say!
They made it harder you are worse off

In the above conumdrum it's not going to be inspiring put it that way..
Well unless you go long and this is about retirement but personally I wouldn't be excited

Different rules apply if you buy as a limited company you'll be able to deduct the entire interest element

Of course property can be rewarding I just don't think buying a buy-to-let with a small deposit is a good idea along with also all your other responsibilities and possibly dealing with eviction when you still need to pay the mortgage.
that's mainly it :!