Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Den68

Re: Diy remote electric reel
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2020, 08:59:24 pm »
Is it spooling ok ? Like spooling uneven or baggy.

nathankaye

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2020, 11:02:05 am »

It spools ok for me.  My hose guide is the same width as my reel spool and so unlikely to skip over the reel. However, i suppose it may depend upon the angle you take out the hose, ie if your working at 90 degrees to the reel for instance, then it may be an issue.

You get two key fobs, and one of mine is on the top beam, so i can choose to press that when im back at the van or to finish winding in, whilst guiding the hose manually.
Hope this makes sense.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Den68

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2020, 06:37:07 pm »

It spools ok for me.  My hose guide is the same width as my reel spool and so unlikely to skip over the reel. However, i suppose it may depend upon the angle you take out the hose, ie if your working at 90 degrees to the reel for instance, then it may be an issue.

You get two key fobs, and one of mine is on the top beam, so i can choose to press that when im back at the van or to finish winding in, whilst guiding the hose manually.
Hope this makes sense.
yes makes perfect sense 👍

I work out the side of  the van and my son works out of the back can vision what your saying with regards working from different angles  Keep us updated 👍

Lee GLS

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2020, 01:03:25 pm »
So, im a tight fisted yorkshireman and I like to tinker rather than spend over the odds for equipment to make my working life easy.  As, at the end of the day, who cares whats in the van as long as the job gets done.

So on facebook, window cleaning UK, a member on there (Neil stokes) posted the parts he used to make this. So naturally, I took advantage and ordered the parts and it works great. He fitted it to a shop bought electric reel, whilst mine is a DIY adaption on the pure freedom hose reel.
Now I have an electric reel on remote for £20 (remote parts).
(It has 2 channels or 2 connections and so it can easily control two reels for instance!)

https://youtu.be/sIff7yn7uaQ

Could you have added the remote and left the original button wires in at the same time?

nathankaye

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2020, 01:13:04 pm »
So, im a tight fisted yorkshireman and I like to tinker rather than spend over the odds for equipment to make my working life easy.  As, at the end of the day, who cares whats in the van as long as the job gets done.

So on facebook, window cleaning UK, a member on there (Neil stokes) posted the parts he used to make this. So naturally, I took advantage and ordered the parts and it works great. He fitted it to a shop bought electric reel, whilst mine is a DIY adaption on the pure freedom hose reel.
Now I have an electric reel on remote for £20 (remote parts).
(It has 2 channels or 2 connections and so it can easily control two reels for instance!)

https://youtu.be/sIff7yn7uaQ

Could you have added the remote and left the original button wires in at the same time?

You sure can, just wire it all up seperate and then you have the choice of either.
You do get two fobs with this one and so one fob is left on the beam (in place of the old button) and the other is with me. 
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk