This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simon w

S H ratio 22L
« on: February 15, 2020, 05:56:30 pm »
Does anyone else use the 22 litre Gardiner back pack to apply hypo for render cleaning? if so I was wondering if you could recommend a water-hypo ratio for 15% S H for render cleaning? I know this has to be altered slightly depending on how dirty or clean the render is. I was thinking 18 litres of water to 4 litres hypo allowing for surfactant to be added.

I was also planning on making up 25 L barrels of pre mixed hypo the night before a job would a ratio of 21 L of water to 4 L hypo be suitable for render cleaning then just decanted into the back pack whilst working

SB Cleaning

Re: S H ratio 22L
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 06:46:36 pm »
Your thinking along the right lines ;)

I would use a bit of surfactant too.

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 07:42:10 pm »
Does anyone else use the 22 litre Gardiner back pack to apply hypo for render cleaning? if so I was wondering if you could recommend a water-hypo ratio for 15% S H for render cleaning? I know this has to be altered slightly depending on how dirty or clean the render is. I was thinking 18 litres of water to 4 litres hypo allowing for surfactant to be added.

I was also planning on making up 25 L barrels of pre mixed hypo the night before a job would a ratio of 21 L of water to 4 L hypo be suitable for render cleaning then just decanted into the back pack whilst working

That’s fine but I would mix it on the day not the night before

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 06:52:57 pm »
yes only mix on the day

personally I'd go a little stonger @ 3 parts water 1 part SH  - that pretty well removes everything other than black spot

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

simon w

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 07:09:17 am »
Thanks for all your replies guy's, mixing just before use, surfactant and a slightly stronger mix as Darren has suggested it is then.