Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

reflection

Who pays by percentages / incentives
« on: February 13, 2020, 09:30:50 am »
Who pays there employees by percentage of what they do?
I’m trying to figure a way of paying them by percentage and also the more they do the higher that percentage gets.
I just can’t seem to get it right yet where I’m happy with it.
Obviously I want to make money from them but I also want to make it where they can make good money for themselves if they are willing to work for it.
I feel if I keep them happy in their work they will in turn do good work to keep their job.

Anyone else do this and how do you feel it works.
Also how do you keep them doing top notch work so you can be confident they are making sure the job is done right and that they are not just flying through the work to get higher percentages done etc.

If they get any cancels or complaints how do you deal with it do you take money from their totals etc

simon w

Re: Who pays by percentages / incentives
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 01:31:11 pm »
Mine start at 8:30am and finish at 5pm and are on a fixed day rate which doesn't change. They are closely supervised on a daily basis to ensure standards are met. I've had some who stick it out for years and some who are gone in days. I'm mostly fully staffed throughout the year

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 01:51:08 pm »
Mine start at 8:30am and finish at 5pm and are on a fixed day rate which doesn't change. They are closely supervised on a daily basis to ensure standards are met. I've had some who stick it out for years and some who are gone in days. I'm mostly fully staffed throughout the year

same as this guy , pay them well and they will work hard for you ,  always worried about  the staff would will rush around to get the numbers and the quality goes down hence we just set a day rate works well here

G Griffin

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 02:07:17 pm »
You might find that they rush through the lower percentage work to get to the higher percentage work.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 02:13:39 pm »
we don't pay a percentage but have a bonus scheme paid quarterly

its based on work completed - quality control ( customer complaints ) attendance and a few other bits and bobs

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

reflection

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 08:14:04 pm »
I just think I can get them to do more if there is more in it for them.
It’s all good when you are working with them you can push them hard get loads done and keep an eye on quality.

But I want to get them all working as hard as possible when I’m not there so I thought giving them an incentive to do more would get more done.

But then not at the risk of quality so I need to think of ( punishments ) for lack of a better word , if their quality slacks and they get complaints cancellations or anything.

Something like any complaints have to be made within 24hr so for any complaint made they will have to go back the next day and reclean this house which will not be counted into this days work total.

And also for any complaint made their days total will come down 1 or 2% something  like that.

Maybe even another incentive is if they go a full month without any complaints they will get another percentage on top as a bonus

I’m I making things to complicated for myself instead of easier

olanorman

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 12:05:50 pm »
Here its normal to pay about 43-44%, then they get their own van etc etc + expenses to gov, sick leave +++
So all in all about 60-65% in reality as an expense.