Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve Weatherley

Broken Univalve
« on: February 22, 2020, 12:22:29 pm »
I'm furious! 2 days into using my new univalve I needed to remove the metal o clip to make an adjustment. On attempting to remove the tightened o clip the plastic end of the univalve has snapped off  ???
Does anyone have any advice ....
1. Can the univalve be repaired ?
2. How is the best way to remove the o clip (safely) once it has been tightened around the hose?

KS Cleaning

Re: Broken Univalve
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 12:34:35 pm »
I take it you’re furious with yourself and not the manufacturer? If you’ve damaged the barb it won’t be repairable. You need to be careful how you remove o clips from plastic barbs, I use the o clip pliers like pincers to cut into one ear of the o clip, then gentle manipulation once there is enough of a cut.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 12:40:18 pm »
I'm furious! 2 days into using my new univalve I needed to remove the metal o clip to make an adjustment. On attempting to remove the tightened o clip the plastic end of the univalve has snapped off  ???
Does anyone have any advice ....
1. Can the univalve be repaired ?
2. How is the best way to remove the o clip (safely) once it has been tightened around the hose?

the most effective method it to "nibble" a bit off the o clip at a time with the o clip pliers until your through the ear completely then they can easily be taken off....

you wont make that mistake again thats for sure! ::)roll ;D

hope this helps....
price higher/work harder!

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2020, 12:53:40 pm »
Damn right I'm furious with myself! Looking at the Univalve it looks like something maybe Ex-ceed might be able to repair. I'm going to order the tubeless kit from them so will have a conversation with them

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 12:54:39 pm »
Thanks for the advice. I liker the clips but prefer jubilee clips as far as removing them !

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 01:02:27 pm »
Hopefully Steve will look kindly on you and send you a spare part - failing that ask around on the forum some one like P&F might have a spare bit

I always remove mine with  a dremmel and small cutting disk - I find it less stressful  ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2020, 01:25:25 pm »
Thanks for the advice. I liker the clips but prefer jubilee clips as far as removing them !

honestly when you know how they are really easy to take off!no need for a dremmel!i think steve even put a video up of how to do it on youtube
price higher/work harder!

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2020, 02:03:36 pm »
For future reference, if you are using PU pole hose, try not using 'o' clips.

The PU hose doesn't slip off like PVC hose, just seems to grip tighter. I've used mine like this for two years and they have never come off.  (see photo)

We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

P @ F

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2020, 02:30:58 pm »
Hopefully Steve will look kindly on you and send you a spare part - failing that ask around on the forum some one like P&F might have a spare bit

I always remove mine with  a dremmel and small cutting disk - I find it less stressful  ;D

Darran

I have a spare bit , just not the bit you need !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

High-Tower

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2020, 08:58:21 am »
I also use PU hose and there’s no need to use clips.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2020, 01:30:26 pm »
I just warm the hose up in hot water and secure with a plastic cable tie (cuts into soft hose to give a watertight fit). Then cut off the excess cable tie. On removal you just have to nick the cable tie a scraper blade.
Comfortably Numb!

david mark

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2020, 01:34:26 pm »
I use a thin cable tie to secure  the hose to the univalve works perfect no drips