Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Robin Ray

Question for Mike Halliday
« on: January 27, 2020, 10:24:35 pm »
Mike I notice you use a cimex on exterior paving.  Do you find this works ok on moss? Also you mention you use a mildly acidic cleaning solution, what do you use? or do you use a variety of different solutions depending on the situation. I have only ever softwashed or pressure washed exterior paving and block paving. Apologies for all the questions just found the info on your website interesting.

RPCCS

Re: Question for Mike Halliday
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 08:22:32 am »
One from me too, how much does a cimetidine machine cost?
Cheers Rich

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 06:00:14 pm »
Robin, moss on a flat surface i think it would remove, I don’t think it would remove the moss in the grooves of a set drive the brushes don’t project deep enough,  they would skim across the surface

As for cleaning solution I’ve tried  all sorts  and most work, I think its the agitation that does the cleaning but this is only on natural stone which to be honest is an easy clean.

The Cimex is really for Indian stone which has ‘brushed-in’ pointing which can be quite fragile.

I wouldn’t buy a Cimex for the sole purpose of exterior cleaning but if you have one already it’s a useful thing to use

Rich do you mean Cimex or have a spelling mistake on my site? They cost about £3k new
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

RPCCS

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 06:16:23 pm »
Yeah, predictive text again.. .
Cheers Rich

Robin Ray

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 05:51:44 pm »
Thanks for the answer Mike.

Paul Clapham

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 03:42:30 pm »
Mike ,

do you mention to the customer if your are going to be using SH on their patios or driveways ?
, and do you discuss with them the options of softwashing vs. jet washing ?

many thanks
Paul
This is the season for fine wine, and drunken friends, enjoy this moment, for this moment is your life.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 06:05:06 pm »
I don’t mention the actual chemical I will use,  just the same as if I was going to clean a carpet, I discuss the method but I don’t go into detail about the chemistry they are not interested they just want to know it will look good.

Basically I survey the job and tell them the method that will give the best result, I don’t really give them a choice unless the have special  circumstances  that limit  how I do it
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Steve_Knight

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 03:00:14 am »
I have a Cimex for sale ion anyone is interested?

Jeff Newmark

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 02:14:26 pm »
Keeping your workplace clean and productive is crucial to the daily operation of any industrial site. Factory floors and warehouses need to work like a well-oiled machine come rain or shine.