Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RPCCS

Bonnet cleaning and dry fusion
« on: January 28, 2020, 06:25:55 pm »
Are the d f cleaners the same as a bonnet cleaner but with a dryer attached? Are the bonnet learners the same as the machines used for cleaning tiled  floors , eg  showrooms and school classrooms. I know the D F costs around 3k and you have to be trained and licensed to use the solution, what about the b c? Is it worth buying one for low moisture carpet cleaning?Or should I learn to walk before Itry to run?
Cheers Rich

*Hector*

Re: Bonnet cleaning and dry fusion
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 06:32:22 pm »
Walk before you can run

LM buffers work at slower speeds to the floor polish ones, and inexperienced operatiors should not even attempt to use one, as they could rub the carpet away in no time.

no idea what you mean by cg cleaner
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 08:43:29 pm »
Your post is a bit confusing, but I would buy a low speed rotary as soon as you can, get one with a bonnet drive plate and a  scrubbing brush ( not the shampoo brush which is too soft) they are incredibly useful and tend to last forever.

In my opinion they are the best machine for scrubbing in pre-sprays  the only negative is they can be a bit heavy to lift upstairs.

With a bonnet drive plate you have the ability to offer low moisture cleaning using a wide selection of available chemicals. Bonnet cleaning has less chance of things going wrong compared  to HWE  although bonnet cleaning does not give the deep clean you get with HWE some people have built very successful business  offering this method
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

RPCCS

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 09:57:45 pm »
Walk before you can run

LM buffers work at slower speeds to the floor polish ones, and inexperienced operatiors should not even attempt to use one, as they could rub the carpet away in no time.

no idea what you mean by cg cleaner
. BL00DY PREDICTIVE TEXT,!😡😡. CG was meant to be D F as in dry fusion.
Cheers Rich

RPCCS

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 10:00:20 pm »
Your post is a bit confusing, but I would buy a low speed rotary as soon as you can, get one with a bonnet drive plate and a  scrubbing brush ( not the shampoo brush which is too soft) they are incredibly useful and tend to last forever.

In my opinion they are the best machine for scrubbing in pre-sprays  the only negative is they can be a bit heavy to lift upstairs.

With a bonnet drive plate you have the ability to offer low moisture cleaning using a wide selection of available chemicals. Bonnet cleaning has less chance of things going wrong compared  to HWE  although bonnet cleaning does not give the deep clean you get with HWE some people have built very successful business  offering this method
Thanks Mike, Is this the sort of thing I should be looking at?
https://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/MFM
Cheers Rich

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 10:07:47 pm »
I’ve bought one for £40 off eBay.

Bonnet cleaning is vac, spray your solution down, then go across with a bonnet........it’s as simple as that, very fast drying and quiet

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 10:09:59 pm »

RPCCS

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2020, 10:10:33 pm »
How long  do the pads last for?
Cheers Rich

Mike Halliday

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2020, 10:13:14 pm »
The bonnet pad for cleaning carpets last years, I’ve got some 10yr old ones,  but I only bonnet offices, use them every day and you get  a year out of them

RPCCS

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2020, 10:19:59 pm »
Something to think about if business picks up, at least then I won’t need to worry about delicate carpets that don’t like to be over wetted.
Cheers Rich

*Hector*

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2020, 04:22:33 am »
some people have built very successful business  offering this method

I was one of them, my business and profit grew tremendously once I went only LM, I upped my prices and sold the almost dry when I leave the house angle...... worked very well.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2020, 07:13:08 am »
I did a massive office job last month using bonnets and Rocket encap, it really changed my mind about the effectiveness of bonneting, it might be that the chemicals available have improved over the last few years especially with re-emergence  & popularity of Encap.

You can never forget that Chemdry built the biggest carpet cleaning franchise in the world on the back of bonnet cleaning

RPCCS

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2020, 07:40:02 am »
Someone local to me had a Chem dry franchise, he now has a fire and flood restoration business, with 2 vans in the road, one does the domestic carpet/upholstery cleaning, the other does the restoration work.
Cheers Rich

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2020, 12:03:29 pm »
Is it not just spreading the dirt around?

*Hector*

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2020, 12:09:14 pm »
Not when it is done properly........ no

Mike Halliday

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2020, 12:14:28 pm »
Yes partially..... taking the dirt from one area and deposit it in another, some does stay on the bonnet. it’s about equilibrium rub a dirty bonnet on a clean area of carpet and dirt will transfer across just like the process of bonnet cleaning which is rub a clean bonnet on a dirty carpet and dirt will transfer across. It’s about knowing when to change the bonnet

Unlike encap which removes nothing and just hides the dirt