This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rizwan Mo

What's the best method to pressure wash this?
« on: February 08, 2020, 05:36:08 pm »
I would regularly clean stone Walls with cold water pressure washer. Works at 3000 psi on 20hp Honda Engine.. Its very powerful....

Not done a job like this before but would it remove then blackness in this stone in the picture attached?

How would you go about doing it.

My only concern is that it is on a main rd, busy road, with a public footpath below.

Has anyone done one similar and what's the best way? I was planning on getting up with cherry picker, spraying with hypo first and then blasting it.

Any other suggestions would be grateful

Thanks
Riz

Splash & dash

Re: What's the best method to pressure wash this?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 08:08:09 pm »
Doff hot water or steam is best for this Darren smudges will hopefully comment as he dies quite a bit if this type of job

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 09:36:21 am »
Morning,

If you pressure wash that your going to wreck the brickwork and mortar

Normally we would steam clean as said above, however you just MAY get away with a soft wash of hypo
Or tensid brick restoration ( this works best in conjunction with hot water )

I’d doa small test to see if it’s organic black mould or carbonisation on the surface

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 09:37:58 am »
Just to add yellow is the worst to get clean

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk