Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SB Cleaning

Cancellation
« on: February 13, 2020, 10:09:25 am »
Woke up to this email this morning ::)roll

Hi 

I have been meaning to message since Friday. You came to do our windows Friday morning for the first time. Since then we have had condensation between the panes in some of the windows. This is the first time we have had them professionally cleaned since we moved in last September. It has dried up in some of them but left water stains that wasn't there before. We therefore do not think they are suitable for pole cleaning and do not want any further condensation issues as they are costly to repair and will not be requiring you to come again. 

We have paid the invoice but wish to cancel any future visits. 

Yours sincerely 

☆☆☆☆☆☆

2nd one like this in 10 years wfp.

Missing Link

Re: Cancellation
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 11:16:23 am »
I've had one similar too.

I think the when the windows are warm, the condensation inside them is less noticeable. 

Then we wash the windows with cold water and the condensation becomes more noticeable because of the cold water changing the temperature of the glass.

The customer 'flaps' and thinks that WFP is damaging their windows, but the seals have already gone.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

JackieW

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 12:04:43 pm »
What an excellent  example of a  reasonable request from a customer to no longer want the service you offer.

NWH

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 01:07:52 pm »
They wanted a 1 off more like.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 03:04:30 pm »
I've had one similar too.

I think the when the windows are warm, the condensation inside them is less noticeable. 

Then we wash the windows with cold water and the condensation becomes more noticeable because of the cold water changing the temperature of the glass.

The customer 'flaps' and thinks that WFP is damaging their windows, but the seals have already gone.

Yeah, something along those lines. I have a couple on my own house the same, almost clear until I clean them then they mist up for a short while. Like you say, the seal has already gone for it to do this in the first place but unfortunately WFP highlights the issue on some of them.
Comfortably Numb!

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 03:19:16 pm »
Fair enough.

Spruce

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 03:25:10 pm »
What an excellent  example of a  reasonable request from a customer to no longer want the service you offer.

This is an excuse for a 1 off clean. If the customer believed that WFP had damaged their windows there would have been drama, trust me. I doubt they would have paid the bill and there would have been threats of suing for the 'damage' the op caused.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

SB Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 04:12:19 pm »

This is an excuse for a 1 off clean. If the customer believed that WFP had damaged their windows there would have been drama, trust me. I doubt they would have paid the bill and there would have been threats of suing for the 'damage' the op caused.
I was thinking the same Spruce ;)

She caught me out I can usually spot the messers :D

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2020, 04:21:47 pm »
its even worse cleaning windows with hot wfp on these types of windows where the seals have gone.....IMO its a polite email....WFP WILL make these blown windows worse (they always do)until they get them replaced.
price higher/work harder!

Spruce

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2020, 04:35:51 pm »

I was thinking the same Spruce ;)

She caught me out I can usually spot the messers :D

Maybe she was genuine to begin with. This could be why you didn't spot it.  A second party could have intervened since and this was a 'manufactured' excuse to solve the problem she then had.

I wouldn't take umbrage and not take it personally. Its the window cleaner's roller coaster of new customer cleans.   
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2020, 08:10:13 pm »
You got off lightly and paid. Better than being accused of damaging the windows  ( we all know you haven't BTW ) Not worth the grief.  It may have been likely that with blown seals the windows would only have deteriorated quicker with wfp ? Don't think the customer has been unreasonable but has highlighted an issue for them even if they've come to the wrong conclusion.

Bungle

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2020, 04:54:28 pm »
Maybe you did a 💩 job  ;D
We look at them, they look through them.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2020, 06:31:37 pm »
Maybe you did a 💩 job  ;D
Mate, your talking to the best in the area ;D

You can have her next year when she wants them doing again ;)