This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simon w

Ford Commercials
« on: February 08, 2020, 10:47:35 am »
Haven't a clue what models to look for in the Custom range but will be starting to look for for a Ford Custom low roof short wheel base possibly medium wheel base with the very best payload they do in the range.  it will be carrying two staff members, 650 tank full, trade roof rack and ladders and all other window cleaning tools.

I'm currently running a Transit 125 330 AWD Euro 5  with a revenue weight of 3325 KG Gross. It pulls like a train when fully loaded and has been an ideal model for water fed pole. Is there  a close match to this van in the custom range  and if so can any Ford fans point me in the direction of model needed so I can start sourcing best examples.  I'm only coming up with twin cabs in the higher end payloads and this is not what I'm looking for can't even seem to find what I'm looking for on the Ford Approved sites so very confused.

Martin Lane

Re: Ford Commercials
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 11:32:18 am »
Hi
Last year l got the 340 model best payload l could get, mine is a long wheel base one, had to do a factory order and took 4 months to arrive

simon w

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 11:50:55 am »
Hi
Last year l got the 340 model best payload l could get, mine is a long wheel base one, had to do a factory order and took 4 months to arrive

Hi Martin

Wouldn't want to be waiting four months and not planning on buying brand new unless an unmissable offer/deal can be found and a long wheel base wouldn't suit as we need to get in and out of tight parking spots when working a couple mile radius of city centre.  Whats the model/name of yours and I'll see if a short or medium wheel base is available and if there are any nearly new available with good spec low millage etc. 

Martin Lane

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 02:47:23 pm »
Ford Custom 340 L2H1 Limited

DeLuce

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2020, 03:19:04 pm »
I’ve got the T290 with Grippatank 650ltr x 2 man heated set up. Two reels etc.  But I mostly work on my own. It is the 155hp 2.2 diesel . Good size and handles the weight easily.
Just bear in mind that they are really heavy on fuel. 27- 32mpg (mine uses the tank for my heater).Personally, that doesn’t bother me in my case.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2020, 04:16:40 pm »
Hi
Took 4 months to get it out of the air field coz there’s so many in there like an overflow car park you mean lol.

simon w

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2020, 04:31:47 pm »
Ford Custom 340 L2H1 Limited

Thanks I'll consult Google and see if it's available in low roof short or medium wheel base.

simon w

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2020, 04:34:14 pm »
I’ve got the T290 with Grippatank 650ltr x 2 man heated set up. Two reels etc.  But I mostly work on my own. It is the 155hp 2.2 diesel . Good size and handles the weight easily.
Just bear in mind that they are really heavy on fuel. 27- 32mpg (mine uses the tank for my heater).Personally, that doesn’t bother me in my case.

I will take a look at this model too and fuel consumption can't be any worse than what I have already and like yourself it wouldn't really bother me either. I also have a diesel water heater plumbed into the fuel tank

KS Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2020, 01:27:55 am »
I am actually surprised that a reputable company like Grippatank would fit a 650 litre 2 man heated system with 2 reels into a 290.

simon w

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2020, 12:01:55 pm »
I am actually surprised that a reputable company like Grippatank would fit a 650 litre 2 man heated system with 2 reels into a 290.

So what would be the better choice for a Ford Custom low roof short or medium wheel base?

KS Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2020, 12:07:45 pm »

So what would be the better choice for a Ford Custom low roof short or medium wheel base?
I think the 310 would be a minimum requirement payload wise for a 650 litre 2 man set up

simon w

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2020, 01:09:58 pm »

I think the 310 would be a minimum requirement payload wise for a 650 litre 2 man set up

Every time I do a Google search for the ford custom 310 all I seem to be able to find are twin cabs/people carrier type vans. Is there a specific model I should be looking for in order to start finding nearly new 310 Customs? which ones come with the best spec for our type of work? I have plenty of time to search for the best example I can find but obviously after going to the expense of fitting it out it's important to find the best vehicle

KS Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2020, 01:27:34 pm »
If you go on autotrader and enter 310 in the ‘add keywords’ box at bottom of search page, it should bring up a few.
The 310 in the pre facelift model is thinner on the ground because as a factory order they were around £500 more than the 290 and when it comes to resale value you don’t get that back.

DeLuce

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2020, 08:20:02 pm »

I way 65kg.
my van is under the required 933kg capacity payload with what I carry.  I don’t have all kinds of equipment in there, just poles x3 , toolbox, and some spare brushes.
Only time I load up with other gear is if I’ve got a few gutter clearing jobs to do. Then I put my vac and poles in for those  jobs . No worries there. Enough room for another worker if required, but I’m usually on my todd. 👍🏼

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2020, 08:19:26 am »
legally its not over weight until the waters in it so there clear of any come backs     ......as you could say  ...I am actually surprised that a reputable company like honda makes a bike that does 160mph when  you can only do 70  ;)

simon w

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2020, 11:14:08 am »
If you go on autotrader and enter 310 in the ‘add keywords’ box at bottom of search page, it should bring up a few.
The 310 in the pre facelift model is thinner on the ground because as a factory order they were around £500 more than the 290 and when it comes to resale value you don’t get that back.

Thanks that's showing a few more but maybe I should be looking for the Facelift model as the examples on autotrader are mostly 2015 reg and a little higher millage than I want. My 330 was quite difficult to source also as not so many were made.

NWH

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2020, 02:03:37 pm »
Just get one that can carry way more the you will be that way it will drive better and you won’t be down your local garage fitting brake pads every few months,never buy one that’s very close to it maximum load you’ll be glad you didn’t.
The fords  cabin is cramped compared to a VW transporter pay more it’s worth it,it’ll last a lot longer than the ford as my mechanic says the VWs are the benchmark they are the strongest and most reliable over the time you’ll own it.

simon w

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2020, 02:20:07 pm »
Just get one that can carry way more the you will be that way it will drive better and you won’t be down your local garage fitting brake pads every few months,never buy one that’s very close to it maximum load you’ll be glad you didn’t.
The fords  cabin is cramped compared to a VW transporter pay more it’s worth it,it’ll last a lot longer than the ford as my mechanic says the VWs are the benchmark they are the strongest and most reliable over the time you’ll own it.

No thanks

dd

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2020, 02:34:24 pm »
VW do not come out well in any car reliability survey I have seen in the last few years.

My sister in law owned 1.2 polo, when it was 4 years old with 30k on the clock she had to spend £1000 replacing the turbo. It also had issues with sensors that VW were never able to sort.

Her mechanic friend advised her to stay away from VW and suggested she buy a Ford because they were more reliable.

NWH

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2020, 03:45:10 pm »
VW transporters are the best in its class I know 4-5 people who own them 2 window cleaners,I’ve known people have a trafic-vivaro and have more problems at 30-40k miles than you’ll have in 200000 in a transporter.
How many 51 plate transits or vivaros do you see on the road still looking road worthy,I don’t see many and that’s what you want to look for when selecting a van,any van can be a nightmare but you can’t beat the Vdubs.
Twice the price twice the van in all aspects.