Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Oliver James

Winter Canvassing
« on: January 22, 2020, 09:13:41 pm »
Last summer I started recording how long it was taking me to get each customer and the results for the summer were: 2 hours and 20 minutes per customer.

This month it has been taking 3 hours and 50 minutes to get each customer.

The weather has been kind, I've not been rained off once, but it has been cold, and dark. I canvass until 7.45pm in the evenings and on the weekends I start at 10am, and between 10 and 11am I only knock on houses where it looks like the homeowner is up and about.

Has anyone else been on the doors this month and if so, how is it going?

Stoots

Re: Winter Canvassing
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 12:02:05 pm »
I've not down much canvassing but when I have I used to average about 1 customer an hour.

1 in 3/4 hours is that because of your pricing do you think? I suspect you would be way higher than average in your area?

Oliver James

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 12:15:28 pm »
I lose a lot of the potential customers, about 40% of them, because I insist they set up a DD before we do the work.

On the upside, I do at least have a solid cashflow from the customers we get on board, and I don't ever have to chase payment after I've got the mandate set up.

I've decreased the prices on 3 beds and increased the prices on 5 bed houses for this year and started offering a 6 weekly option.

One sale  per hour is good going...  :)

Granny

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 11:09:17 am »
With your minimum price of £27 I'm not surprised it takes almost 4 hours canvassing to get a customer! ;D

Darek M

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 04:08:08 pm »
First, canvass is not enjoyable. This can be uncomfortable even for trained salespeople, but the cost of doing this is low, and for your window-cleaning business, it can get you a lot of work quickly.
Wintertime, for me, is challenging to find new customers. ::)roll
Shiny Windows offer professional window cleaning!  and gutter clearing in Nottingham.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 04:31:30 pm »
If you are looking for a minimum price of £27 imo that’s good if you get a job make it worth doing,if you went round and charged a fiver a pop what would you get,you’d get lots of work non of it worth doing.
I get asked to quote jobs I straight away give them a minimum when they stand there saying I’ve got a window here a window there well I’ve only got 6-7 windows,I say I don’t care if you have 1 window it will still be X.