Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

carpetcleaning4u

Curry House Clean
« on: July 06, 2006, 12:17:02 am »
Local ruby without me prompting just asked for carpet clean quote. Not too bad soil wise but as expected plenty of Cobra and vindaloo spills -clean required as neccessity not through any sense of hygine  ;D  ;D
Axminister 80/20 wool  carpet - size approx  7x13 m = 91 sq m 
The manager suggested that he would like to swap and give me a free meal for 2 for my services  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I then told him that we were looking at around £250/£300 for carpet cleaning - he said I was too expensive and then pulled out a local leaflet advertising £20 per room. He said that he had the same as 4 rooms and therefore the price should be £80 !!
My wife and I go at least once a week and spend £40 - £50 - was I too expensive  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
We would change venue but the trouble is the curry's great  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master !!

Jason Hedges

Re: Curry House Clean
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 12:40:27 am »
Hi,

£250/£300 for a commercial carpet of that size is very optimistic. I'd say more around the £80/£100 mark.

Should only take 2 or 3 hours! If he wants to pay you in food and drink and you eat there anyway go for 2 meals for 2 people, on different nights obviously ;D.

Everyones a winner!

Kind regards,
Jason.

stains-away

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 01:02:03 am »
Should only take 2 or 3 hours! If he wants to pay you in food and drink and you eat there anyway go for 2 meals for 2 people, on different nights obviously .

Sounds like a good idea that,I'd send the missus monday and wednesday and go myself tuesday and thursday  ;D

Jason Hedges

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 01:07:22 am »
Ha ha nice one Andy ;D

I was thinking more along the lines of the missus one night and the bit on the side another ;)

gwrightson

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 07:30:58 am »
why dont you show him a leaflet advertising a curry meal at a competitors with an offer on
ie. buy one meal get one free, or a cheap curry from down the road, ;D
when he explains the difference in himself and them , you do the same
 Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

John Kelly

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 04:26:45 pm »
3 hours for 80 quid, you have to be joking. Thats 26 quid an hour. Double that and you have a starting price.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 04:36:44 pm »
Usually problem belgium wilton. after hours, bad payers, furniture to move etc etc

Shaun

Doug Holloway

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 05:24:00 pm »
Next time you see him say

Alloo mate,

If you want me to clean it I want the proper Rogan and I won't take any argi bargi.

I don't want naan of that nonsense.

Cheers

Doug

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 05:29:49 pm »
I do our local takeaway carpet. Its a doddle, about 9 sq mts for 4 meals for me and Diane. Takes about 45 mins and about £70 worth of grub--- and its the best for miles, loads of it. The pub opposite is a Bathams so pop in and order, over to the pub for a quick one of the best bitter I have ever tasted.
I used to do several restaurants but they don't like paying a reasonable price, try to knock the price after its done and then want more knocked off next time. The best deal was start at 11 when the last cust went, make a good start to the job while the boys cleaned the kitchen and then knock off for supper with them when they finished at about 12.15, always a big pot of curry with a pile of parathas a foot high for 6 or 7 of us. Proper curry too not off the menu!! Always paid cash before they went and left me to lock up.
They all went back to Bangladesh and the new people arn't any good. Pity.

Trevor
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

richie

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 10:50:55 pm »
Jason,

Please tell me that you were joking when you said around the £80 - £100 mark.  I would have priced that at £220 - £230. 

Richie.

the red carpet

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 11:06:42 pm »
With the money these guys are renowned for being a bit tight,

but when it comes to food i would expect you could strike a nice deal after all the food costs them peanuts to make, and the carpets cost us peanuts to clean. But you dont have to be there, your going out of your way if you do clean there carpets they have to be there for other customers wether your there of not.

The only cost to them to feed you up is the food, they still have to pay a cheff, waiter ect if your there or not, so £80 worth of food prob costs them a tenner.

So if they gave you say four meals, im sure thats still under £50 worth of ingredients, so win win situation
you save cost of four meals, prob about £200 and they get the carpets done £30 cheaper than the £80 they were willing to spend anyway.

Everyones happy :D

Neil Grainger

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2006, 07:26:10 am »
I alway put in high prices for Curry houses. Price plus 30%

1. You have to wait until last customer goes, It could be 10 past 11 and they have locked up but if someone knock on the door from the pub they will re open and then you are waiting for another hour or so.

2. They will always try to get your price down so thats why I add the 30% on top.

3. Normaly cheap Belgium Wilton (we no the problems with these, mind of their own) Last thing I would want is to clean and it shrink, can you imagine the problems.

4. Do you really want to go out that late knowing that you have a busy day tomorrow.

Need the money but is it worth the hasle for £80.00

Doug Holloway

John Kelly

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2006, 08:15:04 am »
Likewise

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2006, 02:03:20 pm »
If you are a BUSINESSMAN, then think a little.

As Shaun has already stated, the carpets are dirtier than most (extra effort and chemicals) the hours are typically unsociable (overtime rate and you will loose work during the daytime while you rest), loads of furniture to move (extra effort and where can you put all those tables and chairs, condiments, tablecloths etc?) and they can be slow payers (but then again, so can all businesses). Your equipment will stink afterwards (extra time and cost to clean out), and especially in the winter, with the heating off and windows shut, there's poor drying (restaurant carpets always seem to be shrunk, and H&S could be a problem the following day if carpets are still damp). The use of a deodoriser is, IMO, essential (more expense)

So you take on all of this extra hassle, cost and grief and want to charge them LESS or even worse, nothing at all in exchange for a meal? There isn't even a column on your tax return titled "Curries"

I'm glad I'm like Doug.  If they don't like MY prices, they don't get MY service.  Anyone can be a busy fool.  Me?  I'll remain a businessman ;D ;D ;D

Safe and HAPPY cleaning :)
Ken

Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

the red carpet

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2006, 05:43:36 pm »
Second the last few replies
Restaruants and pubs major grief, done one pub myself ended up four hours work for £100 and i didnt finish till 3am >:(
So both definatly not work i would chase or market to.

However, if your like me and carpetcleaning4u and spend a couple hundre a month in these places anyway, why not?

I wouldnt want to make a living from these places but i wouldnt mind doing one of my locals for a bit of free grub

The Great One

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2006, 05:46:14 pm »
Hi

I concur with Ken.

Swapping services doesn't pay the bills.

I quoted for a Pub the other day, approx 100m, quoted £250.

I will be doing it after closing, moving furniture etc, etc.

Seems last time they got it for £140.00, I'm not expecting a reply...

Regards

Martin 8)

carpetclean

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2006, 05:49:11 pm »
oddly enough i did a pub in kent and got very good money for it most of the furniture was moved for me and i was fed as well  it will be a regular clean for me and i cant wait to go back.
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

The Great One

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2006, 10:45:44 am »
Hi

Holy Cow!!

I actually got it this morning.

My first pub, any advice?

Regards

Martin 8)

Len Gribble

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2006, 02:11:30 am »
Martin

If it’s got black top sub to a hwe person other wise payment on completion (always)! You would have loved the pub I quote for in plumstead and got it, in and out in five hours and they paid it! No black-top or gum it’s the first for me! :'(

I don’t do Bangladeshi (Indian) or Chinese restaurants.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)