This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Darren70

canvasser help
« on: January 20, 2020, 12:27:28 am »
Hi guys 
   has anyone used or know  a good canvasser that cover the  south east ,cambridge surrounding areas or south woodford /
   buckhurst hill  areas, what sort of rate they charge. 
   many thanks

david mark

Re: canvasser help
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 09:14:39 am »
Do it yourself I used 2 companies they will over price jobs and try to get the customers as quick as possible
Most will cancel after 2 months

Darren70

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 08:20:50 pm »
Hi  thanks David for the reply ,but haven’t got the time to do it myself hence why I am after a canvasser.  So any help would be appreciated .  Thanks

Crystal-clear

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 08:29:25 pm »
I think you should read David's post again fella.
What's the point of paying someone to do it when you lose so much.

If you're busy cleaning windows you're far better employing someone to do the window cleaning
Which will free up your time then you can focus on canvassing

johnwillan

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 09:23:51 pm »
Hi  thanks David for the reply ,but haven’t got the time to do it myself hence why I am after a canvasser.  So any help would be appreciated .  Thanks

I appreciate you've said you don't have the time but...

Search for posts by Ian Lancaster on the subject, here's a summary: average round took approximately 6 months to build by canvassing 2-3 hours per night 2-3 nights per week between 5pm & 7pm, during the winter months he canvassed Saturday & Sunday mornings, he did this back to back until he had 6+ operators and what's most impressive is he  was 60 years old!

It's a simple process that requires dedication and commitment to succeed, I appreciate your time carries a cost but other options such as flyers and canvassers require a physical outlay of cash.

HTH

John

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 09:58:03 pm »
Hi guys 
   has anyone used or know  a good canvasser that cover the  south east ,cambridge surrounding areas or south woodford /
   buckhurst hill  areas, what sort of rate they charge. 
   many thanks

i have used a few canvassing companies and have had bad experiences.

i have had success employing my own team pf canvassers who ive trained.

i employed them on minimum wage + half the first clean of all jobs signed up. i gave them 2 hr training before their first go and then sent them out 3 times a week. worked well enough

it means they do it your way, at your prices, and with your T&Cs.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

james peters

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020, 08:08:56 am »

I think what is being advised , is that once a canvasser has got you customers, you then have to clean them all quite quickly to keep them .
this will mean lots of first cleans which take time. a majority of these new customers will turn out to be just one offs, and time wasters.
if you have an existing round it is far better to gradually ad on a few  new customers each week( I aim for 5 ), as first cleans take time .
what is given to you on paper by a canvasser will turn out to be completely different than what it will actually be.

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2020, 09:22:21 am »
I think you should read David's post again fella.
What's the point of paying someone to do it when you lose so much.

If you're busy cleaning windows you're far better employing someone to do the window cleaning
Which will free up your time then you can focus on canvassing

I tend to agree with you. If the O/P has spare time to add more customer's to his round, then he has time now to canvass for them.

But we haven't considered that the O/P may not feel confident enough to knock doors himself. Some people, including some salesmen, view the word "no" as a negative rather than a positive. We had a salesman once who worked out that he got 11 'no's' to one 'yes.' So he welcomed each 'no' as it got him closer to a 'yes.' One of the most motivated guys I've  come across.

He could also be in that difficult time where he has a full schedule and wants to employ. He may have too much work for himself but not enough for two. I was in that position when son and later son in law joined me.
I ended up handing over most of my work and working to increase our customer base for me. Tough time for a couple of months but its amasing how much add on work you can find within your existing customer base.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)