Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Spotfree

First Time in 10 Years
« on: January 18, 2020, 08:24:09 pm »
I sent a message saying that I'm sorry but I'm going to have to leave you until next month.

Would not of dreamed of doing that before, no one seemed to mind either.

I've been behind this week due to weather, flu, mild depression, hospital appointments with the boy. Being behind gets me down further too.

I thought sod it, I'll start next week a fresh and cut my losses here. Did half-day to today so I'm a day and half out but dont wont to take that into next week feeling under pressure etc.

I'm considering monthly instead of 4 weekly, hopefully, take a week's holiday each month instead of 2x2 weeks each year.

deeege

Re: First Time in 10 Years
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 09:15:26 pm »
Good on you.

You lads that run a very strict schedule must really heap the pressure on yourselves to get round in time. Don’t get me wrong I’m all for a routine but if I’m a week or so behind, who really cares? My customers don’t.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 09:39:53 pm »
Absolutely right. Things went pear shaped in december for me and someone smashing the side mirror off was the last straw.  Packed up and took rest of the time off until jan 6th. 
I try and get my customers to follow my facebook page, esp all my newer customers for the simple reason of letting them know of any delays. So I apologised to ones who wouldnt be cleaned until the new year and all understood.

If you have your loyal customers and especially ones youve had for many years, they wont mind one bit. In fact its more ourselves putting the pressure on ourselves to keep such rigid routines.  Sure, you might get the odd one who write you down on a calender but, they will get over it lol
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 09:42:56 pm »
I’ve always said 4 weekly is to often if you suffer from depression this kind of very regular routine will make matters worse,I would go to a longer cleaning schedule like 6-8 weeks at lest then your work will be more varied.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 12:19:01 am »
I sent a message saying that I'm sorry but I'm going to have to leave you until next month.

Would not of dreamed of doing that before, no one seemed to mind either.

I've been behind this week due to weather, flu, mild depression, hospital appointments with the boy. Being behind gets me down further too.

I thought sod it, I'll start next week a fresh and cut my losses here. Did half-day to today so I'm a day and half out but dont wont to take that into next week feeling under pressure etc.

I'm considering monthly instead of 4 weekly, hopefully, take a week's holiday each month instead of 2x2 weeks each year.

I just get round a bit later rather than skip jobs altogether......so 4 weekly jobs are 6 weeks(due to 2 week xmas break)and 8 weekly jobs are 10 weeks....if I skipped jobs til next time then it would be a 10 week gap for 4 weekly and an 18 week gap for 8 weekly...that IMO is too long a gap.......but it's your round and business!......I wouldnt do it though....
price higher/work harder!

Ooooooog

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 09:05:53 am »
We’re a month behind. Most our work is 2 monthly. Nobody seems to care. It’s still dark most of the time.

hotsteam

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 09:16:49 am »
With short days and bad weather, most customers understand !

You always get a few, when it's rained for probably about 10 days in the month, you're late aren't you !

These are the ones that work in an office and don't   add up all times it's rained, they are in their own little world  !  ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll

NWH

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2020, 10:02:13 am »
Unless I have jobs booked in I do all my work when I want to do it I have no strict schedule ever,some jobs I’m a couple of months late they love seeing me when I turn up coz they are dirty unlike you 4 weekly merchants lol.

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2020, 10:25:51 am »
With short days and bad weather, most customers understand !

You always get a few, when it's rained for probably about 10 days in the month, you're late aren't you !

These are the ones that work in an office and don't   add up all times it's rained, they are in their own little world  !  ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll

So you dont work when it rains?sod that....i just crack on and get the work cleaned.....

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2020, 10:29:15 am »
Unless I have jobs booked in I do all my work when I want to do it I have no strict schedule ever,some jobs I’m a couple of months late they love seeing me when I turn up coz they are dirty unlike you 4 weekly merchants lol.

I could never work like that.....I stick to a schedule.thats the way I like it.....2 months late?that 2 months extra dirt on the windows to clean off as well as letting your customers down......

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2020, 10:33:30 am »
1 or 2 weeks late is fine from your normal frequency due to holidays etc but 8 weeks late is not in my book........

SB Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2020, 10:38:37 am »
I'm about 3 weeks behind on some of my work at the moment, with xmas and the bad weather who cares, I will catch up eventually :)

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2020, 10:39:07 am »
We’re a month behind. Most our work is 2 monthly. Nobody seems to care. It’s still dark most of the time.

Really?

My window cleaning schedule stays the same all year round regardless of short days or what time of year.....obviously I get round a week or 2 late due to holidays a few times a year but that's it......

nathankaye

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2020, 11:47:41 am »
The only reason I dont particularly like being late is because you are robbing yourself of your income. 
Running two months behind is ridiculous, you will never claw that back.

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2020, 11:56:18 am »
The only reason I dont particularly like being late is because you are robbing yourself of your income. 

His point is he doesn't want or care if he claws it back, he is putting his health first there are no pockets in a shroud.

nathankaye

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2020, 01:54:48 pm »

His point is he doesn't want or care if he claws it back, he is putting his health first there are no pockets in a shroud.

This point wasnt for "spotfree" but rather a continuation from daz's posts and discussion.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Cookie

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2020, 04:32:00 pm »
And I expect some of them still ask "Is it that time already?"  ;D

NWH

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2020, 04:51:57 pm »

I could never work like that.....I stick to a schedule.thats the way I like it.....2 months late?that 2 months extra dirt on the windows to clean off as well as letting your customers down......
Yeah well when I’m charging 40 or 50 they don’t mind not seeing me every month,there’s not a lot of extra dirt let’s be honest.
I could say I’ll do it every month but then I might have to start cutting my prices by a 1/3 or half and I’m not doing that,I’d rather charge more Daz I do a job for 85 now I was cleaning for 50 it takes the same time bang on and I’m getting another 35 per clean coz I’ve put it back 6 weeks,ok it’s not getting done so often but the job over the course of the year pays more now for less cleans.

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2020, 08:45:47 am »
It doesn't matter whether the job is paying £14 or £140 ...if your 2 months late getting around to cleaning their windows from your normal frequency then your an unreliable window cleaner.....its a crap service full stop IMO....

Slacky

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2020, 09:00:56 am »
Even if you have put your back out. Crap service full stop IMO....

p1w1

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2020, 10:23:30 am »
Good on you Spot free and good luck. Life is for living bud.

NWH

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2020, 11:09:47 am »
No Daz they know I will always get there in the end m8,I’d rather know each job I clean I’m getting what I want for doing it.
I could have 5 20pounders I’d rather plod and clean 2fiftys in half the time thanks.

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2020, 06:40:02 pm »
No Daz they know I will always get there in the end m8,I’d rather know each job I clean I’m getting what I want for doing it.
I could have 5 20pounders I’d rather plod and clean 2fiftys in half the time thanks.

ive got £40-£50 jobs too but i dont turn up 2 months later than the agreed schedule EVER.......ive got a few to clean tomorrow(im 2 weeks late due to xmas)........so its 10 weeks since their last clean,this is acceptable but to be ANOTHER 6 weeks late(16 weeks)is not in my book....

Frankybadboy

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2020, 08:32:22 pm »
Even if you have put your back out. Crap service full stop IMO....
so having a two weeks hol in a 5* hotel would be as well ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

deeege

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2020, 07:16:03 am »
Turning up 2 months late on a 8 weekly job 😂😂

If I were to turn up 2 months late to any job I wouldn’t even consider it my job anymore. I’d fully expect to get there and it’s been cleaned by a new cleaner.

You don’t half talk some crap on here Nigel.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Missing Link

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2020, 08:02:08 am »

We're pretty much the same.  2 monthly.  Often late.  No-one cares.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am